BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager? What would you do?

go on then name some better managers then???

if you are going to sack Bowyer then surely you want manager with experience of getting team promote from this league to premiership.

Grayson or Taylor never had that experience..

people like Mowbray and McLeish have tho. surely they want a manager with this experience.

Personally like Grayson. Has he ever done a bad job?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to see what a decent manager can do, look no further than Derby County, they finished last season

with 3 points more than us, atm they are 16 points ahead and looking pretty good to finish in the top 6 at least.

McClaren has a bit about him, Clough junior is a ' steady Eddie ' who would probably have had Derby mid-table again,

remind you of anyone ?

Funny , really. If we had actually gone for McClaren last season I would have been very disappointed. I wouldn't have been able to stand any association between him and his daft umbrella etc with our club that had already had so much ridicule.

Shows how much I know!

Funny , really. If we had actually gone for McClaren last season I would have been very disappointed. I wouldn't have been able to stand any association between him and his daft umbrella etc with our club that had already had so much ridicule.

Shows how much I know!

Could you imagine his first press conference if we were to sign him? "Hey up fettlershhhh! Amh reet shhhuited to be ere at t'rovershhhh I con tell thi, and ahv got a reet posh office an me own shop on't currrr purrrrk too."

Personally like Grayson. Has he ever done a bad job?

I like Grayson but never got a team promote to the PL. But he has got teams promoted before tho.

been speaking to PNE fans today about Him and said he has great job and turned the club around. also talked about his tactics and they said he either plays 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 and is willing to change tactics during games and it turn the game around.

After speaking to them it has change mine my view of Grayson abit.

Could be good choice to replace Bowyer if he us sack..

Tho I still think Bowyer is the right manager for us.

I like Grayson but never got a team promote to the PL. But he has got teams promoted before tho.

been speaking to PNE fans today about Him and said he has great job and turned the club around. also talked about his tactics and they said he either plays 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 and is willing to change tactics during games and it turn the game around.

After speaking to them it has change mine my view of Grayson abit.

Could be good choice to replace Bowyer if he us sack..

Tho I still think Bowyer is the right manager for us.

Not sure. If there was a sensible managerial selection process then I may be tempted to look. Grayson would be right up there for me as a choice.

Greyson is accused by Leeds and Huddersfield fans of bottling it and not being up to it at Championship. From the fans I've talked to or heard/read opinions of they've viewed him as a good league 1 manager, a poor championship manager. Personally I think this is a bit harsh, as he had neither team in the relegation zone when sacked, and especially with Leeds was having to sell his best players and getting no money in return. Also promotions with the above two clubs and Blackpool suggest he has something about him. Him knowing the club a bit is a bonus.

Any manager we can now get will have drawbacks - the question is are they better than Bowyer, and have they got the ability to get us promoted. Those who I think could do this are Warnock and McLeish, although both I could see as unpopular choices (style and personality). But then we get neither of these with Bowyer, so I'm not sure it'd be a step down. And for all their drawbacks, both have some strong positives on their CV as managers - Bowyer doesn't.

The same (negatives but good points on CV) can be said for Holloway - and the fact he went to Millwall showed we could have got him (we're still much more attractive a proposition IMO). Of course we could also have gone for someone like the new Wigan manager, but we didn't. Again I feel we've missed out on another great opportunity there - how often at Rovers do we say that.

Could Mackay be tempted to join us - it's certainly worth an ask. What's the worst he can say - no - and we're no worse off. Also there may well be managers abroad or in the lower leagues who could be good choices. Question is, whether we'd be bothered to hunt them out.

sorry I dont know the answer.

So please explain? Thanks

Whether he works in football or not Chaddy he is highly unlikely to know the answer as to any particular individuals current work plans. Personally I don't find Clarke too inspiring, but I do like his CV.

sorry I dont know the answer.

So please explain? Thanks

You asked: would he take the job in my opinion Majiball?

You have asked me do I think that in your opinion steve clarke would take the job, should it be offered. Since i don't know your opinion on this, but you do? I retorted that only you would know since it's your opinion on the potential offer you are inquiring about not mine.

You've now responded with the above, which is akin to telling me you don't know your own mind.

:blink:

Or is it?

Obviously the other interpretation is that your asking me to provide you with your opinion, ala nixon on twitter?

If so it is football players with four legs bad, but football players with two legs good. When it changes I'll twit you.

Have a nice day!

:wub:

• Backroom

Not sure I follow.

'Bowyer's just a coach, not a manager and he should go back to that' seems to be the consensus. Suggesting Steve Clarke after that seems odd imo.

You asked: would he take the job in my opinion Majiball?

You have asked me do I think that in your opinion steve clarke would take the job, should it be offered. Since i don't know your opinion on this, but you do? I retorted that only you would know since it's your opinion on the potential offer you are inquiring about not mine.

You've now responded with the above, which is akin to telling me you don't know your own mind.

:blink:

Or is it?

Obviously the other interpretation is that your asking me to provide you with your opinion, ala nixon on twitter?

If so it is football players with four legs bad, but football players with two legs good. When it changes I'll twit you.

Have a nice day!

:wub:

Only just seen this - post of the season or what!!! Lol

Shows how much I know!

Same here, I would have hated us for getting wally. Cant argue with how he has transformed Derby though, possibly a club not too dissimilar to us now.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd resurrect this topic after last night. Norbert mentioned that Bowyer may only be on 12 month rolling contract...

Based on the fact that we know Venkys wont appoint an experienced and seasoned manager, I've been thinking who I'd prefer to see brought in if Bowyer goes.

As I've mentioned in another thread I think Steve Presley at Coventry would be a decent shout. Coventry sit mid table and 9/10 points clear of the relegation zone, they had a 10 point deduction also, had they not had that deduction then they'd be in the playoffs. To add, Coventry were more of a shambles off the field than Blackburn Rovers, so he's used to working in difficult circumstances and I think that he has that authoritarian personality that we're lacking and has leadership skills as the captain of Hearts and Celtic. Would certainly be affordable enough for our owners too.

I agree with most that we need a seasoned manager but my suggestion is based on the fact that this is the type of appointment Venkys would make... Cheap.

Archived