BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's his exact quote then I shake my head. Even I can't justify that.

exact is ''''happy not to have lost, can't class as a good point, can class as a point, we were looking to press at the end but the manager wanted us to get the point rather than concede at the other end''

• Backroom

exact is ''''happy not to have lost, can't class as a good point, can class as a point, we were looking to press at the end but the manager wanted us to get the point rather than concede at the other end''

I was at the Yoevil game and never got the sense we were purposefully aiming for a point. We just never seemed capable of getting a rhythm going. Considering our current position the difference between a point and none is negligible, and if you're going to risk getting all three you might as well try at home to the team that are bottom of the league - and looked useless pretty much the entire match anyway.

Disappointing to say the least. Doesn't change my opinion on Bowyer but as far as that quote goes... as Ray Wilkins might say... my word.

I was at the Yoevil game and never got the sense we were purposefully aiming for a point. We just never seemed capable of getting a rhythm going. Considering our current position the difference between a point and none is negligible, and if you're going to risk getting all three you might as well try at home to the team that are bottom of the league - and looked useless pretty much the entire match anyway.

Disappointing to say the least. Doesn't change my opinion on Bowyer but as far as that quote goes... as Ray Wilkins might say... my word.

I could only listen to it on Rovers Player - I remember that our commentators were also quite critical of team tactics. I would still have preferred to have been there though!

In the interview Robbo went on to say that the point gained could be all important later on - which is perfectly true but not as much as all 3...........I still think Robbo is a class man just 'doing one for the team' in that interview.

Doesn't change my opinion on Bowyer...

But it tells you what his priorities are though. In a position where he has NOTHING to lose and everything to gain, he chooses to defend a nil-nil draw.

The win at Birmingham, when 10th place was in jeopardy is pretty telling. Wonder if he thinks he would be replaced if we DID get had got promoted.

• Backroom

Venky's history suggests he would be retained, so I doubt he believes that. We all know how much they adore rookie managers. All he has to do is shave his head and he's sorted for the next few years.

I forget how much fun I have reading football fans comments. It is crazy how some short attempt of glory blind sights fans, and forges them to believe in the fantasy world that is Football Manager. I have been reading comments for the past month, saying we need to change manager, blasting Bowyer, saying we should hire Malky, or Moyes, or Pardrew, and so forth...Stating that we are where we are because we signed championship/League One players when we should be aiming at EPL players....Seems like some fans still actually believe we are a Premier League club.

I mean come on it is time for a reality check...With our so called EPL signing last year we almost got relegated...We were a mess as people messed around with our club. To see where we are today in just 12 months is a fricking miracle. Like it or not very very very few people would have been willing to take the job last year, but Bowyer did. Yes he has made mistakes along the way but his winning record is 34.05%. Yes it could be better, but under the circumstances as to where we come from I will accept that any day of the week. People who say sack Gary Bowyer are the seem people who at the beginning of the season they would be happy with safe mid table mediocrity, yet because we are flirting with the play off now (Even though we have never been in the play off spot), they are now saying sack the man because he isn't capable of getting us there.

On a little side note I would like to add the fact that throughout this entire season we have never, ever, ever been able to field our best 11 side. With Evans, Cairney, Marshall, and whoever else I have missed out being out injured, Rovers have had to make do with a make shift squad. Having also got rid of a large amount of the deadwood the finances finally look somewhat settled, even though we still have a large debt.

Now is the biggest moment ever across the summer. We still need to ship off a few players and bring in a few extra fresh faces, but failure to get off to a good start could spark the end for Bowyer but now more than ever fans need to turn up and support the team. Things aren't going to get any easier but a positive atmosphere and showing how great this team, and club is with our voices can only be the first step to actually returning to the EPL, and moving forward.

I actually agree I was just playing devils advocate

You never know they may stumble upon a decent one by accident, for example Sherwood may have worked out or may not have

Don't forget Tim Sherwood was Shebby Singh's choice. First back to back losses and he'd be viscously turned on and hounded out by our lynch mob before the ink was dry on his contract.

Do you not agree that sitting back and 'protecting a point' against Yeovil at home is negative?

Did he actually do that or did he simply instruct Paul Robinson to stay back? Rem yeovil had just introduced two new strikers, one of whom looked pdq to me.

Is Casper our owner, because i dont see much of the owners, except when the queen arrives. So they can do one

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Whereas no one ever sees you at ewood at all Iceman..... even when the Queen traps up. I don't suggest you fly over and back every other week but 'people who live in glass houses'.

tbh I believe the venkymob were well advised to go home and not stay for the match. Degsy's work maybe? The last thing anybody with an ounce of gumption wants is stupid, unsavoury and embarrassing situations played out in public which could lead to them believing that their position is untenable and possibly pulling out. I'm quite happy for them not to attend at all whilst they continue to pay the bills and attempt to recover the situation.

• Backroom

Agreed

It's an unpopular opinion but I couldn't care less if they come for matches, we know they aren't interested and as such I'm not interested in any sort of charade

Personally I saw us trying to force a goal but having no luck or guile (on that day)

that is the biggest WUM post you have ever done, either that or you was on something mind blowing.Even Robbo said we didnt try for the win and protected a point. Unless you know better than him.

that is the biggest WUM post you have ever done, either that or you was on something mind blowing.Even Robbo said we didnt try for the win and protected a point. Unless you know better than him.

Listen pal some players under performed it wasn't a decision to not score goals at the price of a point. I don't think you believe that either.

I didn't hear Robbos interview, bit of a coincidence that GB stopped him going up and all of a sudden we played negative football for 90 minutes from the out.

I'd rather use my eyes and I saw a number of players underperform.

I like a lot of what bowyer has done - but making the players think they had to cling on to a point against yeovil is poor.

This young team need to be encouraged to attack the weaker teams. Bowyer could do with growing a pair in certain situations.

Brighton didn't cling on to the point tonight - they gambled until the end and were rewarded.

.Brighton didn't cling on to the point tonight - they gambled until the end and were rewarded.

They scored a late fluke against a Yeovil side that due to the fact they need to win to stay up went for it a left more gaps at the back than they did against us.

They scored a late fluke against a Yeovil side that due to the fact they need to win to stay up went for it a left more gaps at the back than they did against us.

Was it not 2-0?

Yeah but the last goal was with the final kick when Yeovil were already consigned to their fate and their best centre half had been pushed up front.

No they weren't

So apart from a flukey goal, and then a second when they forced Yeovil to attack is bad practice? Im confused.

Archived