BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sheffield Wednesday v Rovers

Neal

No doubt you didn't see that.

You often see arguments like that. Robinson was going mental at Cairney at one point yesterday for poor defending. Cairney didn't look happy and his team mates had to settle him down.

Dann was our best centre back and added leadership. Hanley now has turned back into the liability we saw in the Premier League.

Giving a team-mate an earful is one thing, physically intimidating and humiliating them in front of thousands of onlookers is crossing the line. I do think we've missed Dann's experience, just don't agree that he was Captain Fantastic.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a stupid comment. So if we lost Rhodes could we not comment that we miss him because we haven't lost Pele?

Dann was our best defender and we have conceded many more goals since he left. Coincidence? I think not.

Without crunching the data, I'd say our record since Dann left has been much better. Unbeaten in our last 7?

No doubt you didn't see that.

You often see arguments like that. Robinson was going mental at Cairney at one point yesterday for poor defending. Cairney didn't look happy and his team mates had to settle him down.

Dann was our best centre back and added leadership. Hanley now has turned back into the liability we saw in the Premier League.

Dann clearly over step the mark with his conduct towards to Eastwood over that. I hope he was fined for that aswell. disgraceful behaviour from the Captain of the team. btw, I clearly saw the incident as he was right infront of my seat in the Blackburn End.

Dann was a good player but nothing special at all.

Hanley has been part of the defence when we kept 3 clean sheets in a row and 2 clean sheets in the last 3 games. didn't see you saying then he was liability then?

btw Stuart, we are unbeaten in 8 games. out longest unbeaten run in the past 5 years.

Dann clearly over step the mark with his conduct towards to Eastwood over that. I hope he was fined for that aswell. disgraceful behaviour from the Captain of the team. btw, I clearly saw the incident as he was right infront of my seat in the Blackburn End.

Hanley has been part of the defence when we kept 3 clean sheets in a row and 2 clean sheets in the last 3 games. didn't see you saying then he was liability then?

btw Stuart, we are unbeaten in 8 games. out longest unbeaten run in the past 5 years.

And Dann has been part of a Palace team that has kept five clean sheets since his debut. Aside from the clean sheets how many goals have we shipped in the same period? Hanley is a liability and usually has one major Rick in every game.

A stat from the 1st April

Conceded 31 in 26 with dann, the same amount in 16 without

Actually Jal, Lowe had a very good game yesterday both defending and getting forward. Made several good tackles at crucial times and helped create the third goal with a peach of a cross.

So where was he in those final critical twenty minutes of the game how did he perform during that period.

And in defence. Why is Hanley the captain? He is not a leader. He has been a liability recently. Robinson was the only leader yesterday.

Ask Gary Bowyer hes the guy who makes the selection.

Is the team fit enough ?

No we should have a leader, Dann was a good captain.

Robbos only slight mistake yesterday was allowing the cross to hit the post which was a total fluke. The 2nd was not his fault.

Hardly covered himself in glory though did he when he patted it down to their player did he?

There was a total lack of leadership, we missed Dann in the second half in my opinion,

No we should have a leader, Dann was a good captain.

Dann was our best defender and we have conceded many more goals since he left. Coincidence? I think not.

A stat from the 1st April

Conceded 31 in 26 with dann, the same amount in 16 without

:wub::wub:

Why the love affair with Dann? Breaking up is hard and it hurts I know, but you've just got to try and get over him. :tu:

For the record.... Dann was fairly ordinary and Dann couldn't wait to leave.

Chaddy has said before he is dyslexic, cut him some slack

Experts are now saying that there is no such thing as dyslexia. It's just an excuse for being too lazy to type properly and in any event does dyslexia cause one to repeat the same drivel ad nauseam?

Experts are now saying that there is no such thing as dyslexia. It's just an excuse for being too lazy to type properly and in any event does dyslexia cause one to repeat the same drivel ad nauseam?

I'll admit he does come out with the same sort of posts repeatedly, but no need to be harsh on the lad.

I'm also pretty sure dyslexia does exist, but then again I'm no expert

I'll admit he does come out with the same sort of posts repeatedly, but no need to be harsh on the lad.

I'm also pretty sure dyslexia does exist, but then again I'm no expert

Sorry but some people, for some reason, just get on your wick. Chaddy is one of those and I am far from alone in this. I have tried using the "ignore" function but, mainly because he is annoying in the extreme, people quote him all the time and I find that just as irritating. I just hope that eventually he will just go away like Hughsey eventually did.

Sorry but some people, for some reason, just get on your wick. Chaddy is one of those and I am far from alone in this. I have tried using the "ignore" function but, mainly because he is annoying in the extreme, people quote him all the time and I find that just as irritating. I just hope that eventually he will just go away like Hughsey eventually did.

Know exactly what you mean so fair enough.

Carry on :lol:

:wub::wub:

Why the love affair with Dann? Breaking up is hard and it hurts I know, but you've just got to try and get over him. :tu:

For the record.... Dann was fairly ordinary and Dann couldn't wait to leave.

They do say... love is blind ............which would seem to be the case for roverfan99.

Where have my and Blue Cabbages posts re Chaddy gone. If we have fallen foul of the thought police then I wish to register my strong objections.

I don't know about Furphy being given time to build something Parson, according to wiki he was only here two seasons in total. And how did we get Furphy? - we sacked Jack Marshall after one season. We didn't give Jack time did we. It was just the same then as it is now, - managers are only given time if they get results. If they do get results, they leave anyway.

As for Bowyer being allowed to continue building, I think it's all too late now. Finances will dictate that he's probably going to have to lose players rather than sign another bag full. It could well be that this current squad, - that he built - is going to be his best chance of taking the club back to the PL. IMO, we lost that chance when we didn't look for better alternatives when we appointed Bowyer.

You're dates are a little out there den - if you're like me probably age playing tricks. ^_^ Furphy was here for two and a half seasons before he was head hunted by First Division Sheffield United. Furphy had joined the Rovers in the summer of 1971 after the Rovers had been relegated. Jack Marshall left the club in February 1967 following Eddie Quigley's arrival as assistant manager the previous Autumn. Quigley took over from Marshall and remained manager until October 1970. At that point he and Johnny Carey, the club's administrative manager, swapped roles in an attempt to avoid relegation. When it didn't work Bill Bancroft, a very young chairman, decided he wanted to work with a younger, tracksuit manager rather than the traditional type of manager and hence the appointment of Furphy. Quigley had been given time and money - remember the unheard of outlay of £100,000 in the summer of 1969 on Ken Knighton, Allan Hunter and Brian Hill?

As for Bowyer and the present coaching staff, I suspect that our future is going to rely very much on developing young players. Sadly, many of those in this season's Under-18 and Under-21 team have proved disappointing and in recent weeks we have had a number of younger players being brought in to play on trial - like the two Sunderland lads who played in the final two Under-21 League fixtures. In many ways Bowyer and his staff are ideal for this type of situation with their youth coaching backgrounds. It's not going to be a quick fix. Indeed, I think we have a long, hard road ahead, but the past few games have restored my enthusiasm and I really do believe that we will be challenging for the play-offs next season.

• Backroom

Ref are very well paid to make the correct decisions and they clearly do not.

clear pen for Foul on Gestede not given. ball cross the goal line for a goal kick for us not given and thats how they scored their second goal.

I notice the keyboard gang are out tonight. why werent u at the game? support your team.

Looks to me like the ball didn't cross the line at all

Doesn't look like it crossed the line, but looked like we were very unlucky at how the ball deflected off Lowe back into Nuhius feet.

Been a rollercoaster few last weeks. From having hope of playoffs, to losing hope, then starting to hope again during yesterdays game. All hope is still not out ;)

Archived