BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sheffield Wednesday v Rovers

Neal

Good old Chaddy. Apologises but repeats the same thing over and over again.

Genuine question Chaddy. Is English really your first language? It's like trying to read a letter from a five year old. Do you never read it back before you press the "post" button?

what is your problem really Al??? is it because I DONT agree wit your view and u cant take it when someone disagree with your view. time for the ignore button for you.

thanks for your support Blue Cabbage

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few poor decisions from the referee including failing to spot that the ball was over line before a cross for their second goal

Just watched it on bbc i player and imo it was close but the whole of the ball was not over the line for that cross. What I did see was us caught out by a long ball from deep and yet another mistake low down by Robinson who patted it out to the scorer.

Chaddy has said before he is dyslexic, cut him some slack

Maybe the Rt Hon member for Bash should also issue an apology.

what is your problem really Al??? is it because I DONT agree wit your view and u cant take it when someone disagree with your view. time for the ignore button for you.

thanks for your support Blue Cabbage

But you're not helping yourself Chaddy. You do exactly what you are calling him for doing. Everytime someone makes a point you don't agree with you lash out like yesterday, then whinge when they respond. Noone is bothered if you think about things differently, but you repeat yourself over and over getting annoyed at people, and its that which gets on people's nerves. If you just have a quick read of what you've written before you post then I think you'd save yourself a lot of hassle.

• Moderation Lead

But you're not helping yourself Chaddy. You do exactly what you are calling him for doing. Everytime someone makes a point you don't agree with you lash out like yesterday, then whinge when they respond. Noone is bothered if you think about things differently, but you repeat yourself over and over getting annoyed at people, and its that which gets on people's nerves. If you just have a quick read of what you've written before you post then I think you'd save yourself a lot of hassle.

Good point well made. People always have different views, that's life.

Chaddy often criticises others' views different to his own, then laments Al for doing the same....

I also don't particularly like Chads repeated posts but to have a go at his grammar is poor form.

Chaddy - put your point across and leave it be, by all means discuss and debate, but you don't help yourself at times and bring a lot on yourself.

Keep posting though you amuse me

Ah! Was he. Ok theno .

If Lowe was chaddy's man of the match then that probably explains why Rovers crumbled at the end.

Actually Jal, Lowe had a very good game yesterday both defending and getting forward. Made several good tackles at crucial times and helped create the third goal with a peach of a cross.

Actually Jal, Lowe had a very good game yesterday both defending and getting forward. Made several good tackles at crucial times and helped create the third goal with a peach of a cross.

exactly ParsonBlue.

clearly Jal didn't see the game or go? so I really don't know how he can comment then

I went yesterday and here is my view.

Before I start, best way analyse anything is through pro's and con's, and realistic comparison. A simple way to evaluate todays performance is a comparison with the same game last year (around the same time) but before I get to that -

Positives;

Gestede can be completely unplayable. Some of the link ups between JR and him today showed an understanding being built between the two - an understanding that could be extremely profitable. Both players exceptional in the air led to some dangerous headed one two's - exciting prospect for me. As we sang to "Achey breaker heart" - Don't sell the Rhodes... The super Jordan Rhodes! You'll have a FCKIN riot on your hands.

Conway again looked good, - great finish. By in large the team performed outstandingly for large parts of the game. Specifically the midfielders. Williamson won more headers than their entire team and Lowe makes everybodys job easier due to his reading of the game and energy to cover positions. This was the direct reason for the second goal, Lowe dropping into the full back position due to Keane moving forward - and what a superb cross it was.

Tactically we got the offensive side spot on, Sheff Weds couldnt deal with the strike partnership or some of the set pieces. Cairney and Conway caused issues by cutting inside also - which gave the fullbacks overlapping opportunities.

Negatives;

Same old individual errors for goals. Falling asleep back post for the first and unfortunately despite having a blinder Keane made two mistakes. The first one being thinking the ball is going out for the second and giving the ball away when he literally just needed to lump it for the third.

Naivety with defending has crept in. Maybe the constant changing of this back four since christmas has made this worse, but we seem to panic and make mistakes. I also think that Hanley was not at his best today.

To compare from last season - streets ahead. Sheff Wed fans (the few I know told me in the pub after) they didn't deserve a point yesterday. One quote was "The worst striker in the league scored two goals" and I probably agree. Looking at the squads, we are teams going in different directions - they lack quality but work hard and have a lot of big players. We have some really talented players, and at times today we looked completely unplayable.

Obviously another day of ifs and buts. Lets build on the positives - we have a good young squad who can only get better. We have a manager not scared of going gung ho away from home, and we have away supporters who turn up and sing for 90 minutes whatever the score. If we can keep this unbeaten mentality, I feel next season we may be thinking more a long the lines of automatic promotion rather than the playoffs.

I disagree with J*B - stats may prove me wrong but I thought we had far more chances, possession and attempts on goal. People can see different things though and they definitely took the game to us in the last 20 minutes. This has happened a number times this season and has to be rectified. Perhaps a mixture of tactical naivety, inexperienced young players, a lack of defensive minded players on the bench yesterday and the poor showing from a usually aerial dominance of Hanley. With a bit of consistency (first time since september an unchanged team yesterday!) we should cut this out of our game.

Finally - the ref was absolutley shocking but do we expect any different! The team as a whole (not singling out the manager) has gone higher than my expectations this season. I know some of you have higher expectations than me. In some cases caused by the clubs own "push for promotion" marketing campaign. If this is the case, I ask you how would you have received a more honest campaign of "Join the push consolidation"?

Enjoy your weekend folks

I don't understand how anyone can be anything but unhappy following us surrendering a 3-1 lead against a poor side with nothing to play for.

There was a total lack of leadership, we missed Dann in the second half in my opinion, we clearly tired and needed to break the game up with some subs and fresh legs, Unfortunately Bowyer did nothing and the inevitable happened. The team didn't seem to know what to do after the second goal, they seemed very panicky and once or twice I noticed them getting angry at each other.

I don't think it will happen but we need a central midfielder and a centre back with experience for next season, as well as a right back.

Thanks Jbizle for a balanced assessment on wht must have neen a frutrating journey home

Interesting that a number are giving Lowe MOTM so well done to him as I am not big fan. To be fair he also played well during the week.

This crumbling under pressure is a worry as it has happened a lot recently. I just think that leadership role in midfield is the key to sorting this.

crying out for a solid centre half and a right back. not as concerned with the midfield as they are mostly bypassed anyway.

It must be a losing mentality in the squad. Call Alladyce, Bruce all you want but they are winners and I believe these type of managers turn these draws into wins. Not Bowyer I am afraid. Just doesn't seem the have the winning instinct.

Hanley made a couple of mistakes yesterday. I have no problem with him as a captain. first half Hanley was telling the back four to push up.

Robbo need to focus on his own game tbh. made a couple of mistakes again yesterday.

Keeper shouldn't be captain at all.

No we should have a leader, Dann was a good captain.

Like when he bullied Eastwood for making a mistake? What a guy.

There isn't one definitive type of football captain and it doesn't necessarily matter who wears the armband. Some leaders are vocal on the pitch, whereas others exude a quiet authority and lead by example. There does, however, appear to be not enough Chiefs in the team and too many Indians, which will need to be addressed in the summer. Is this a question mark over Bowyer's capacity to manage such personalities?

Like when he bullied Eastwood for making a mistake? What a guy.

There isn't one definitive type of football captain and it doesn't necessarily matter who wears the armband. Some laders are vocal on the pitch, whereas others exude a quiet authority and lead by example. There does, however, appear to be not enough Chiefs in the team and too many Indians, which will need to be addressed in the summer. Is this a question mark over Bowyer's capacity to manage such personalities?

No doubt you didn't see that.

You often see arguments like that. Robinson was going mental at Cairney at one point yesterday for poor defending. Cairney didn't look happy and his team mates had to settle him down.

Dann was our best centre back and added leadership. Hanley now has turned back into the liability we saw in the Premier League.

As you say Stuart it is a game of opinions. In my opinion he has the potential to become a very good manager and that's an opinion I would hold even if I hadn't seen him over the years at youth and reserve level. Patience is required. Do you remember when Ken Furphy arrived to rebuild the club in 1971? Although young in comparison to previous managers he was very experienced but still took a season to get the club stable in the Third Division before we could move forward and mount a promotion challenge - which failed - the following season. The directors still stuck with him until he opted to move to the top flight with Sheffield United. One suspects that if this messageboard had been around at that time folk would have been calling for his head. However at the time the fans got behind him and the foundations were put in place for Gordon Lee to build on THREE YEARS later.

I don't know about Furphy being given time to build something Parson, according to wiki he was only here two seasons in total. And how did we get Furphy? - we sacked Jack Marshall after one season. We didn't give Jack time did we. It was just the same then as it is now, - managers are only given time if they get results. If they do get results, they leave anyway.

As for Bowyer being allowed to continue building, I think it's all too late now. Finances will dictate that he's probably going to have to lose players rather than sign another bag full. It could well be that this current squad, - that he built - is going to be his best chance of taking the club back to the PL. IMO, we lost that chance when we didn't look for better alternatives when we appointed Bowyer.

• Moderation Lead

What a stupid comment. So if we lost Rhodes could we not comment that we miss him because we haven't lost Pele?

Dann was our best defender and we have conceded many more goals since he left. Coincidence? I think not.

I've got two eyes though, and know what they show me, where were we in the league when Dann was here-is it much different to where we are now? Dann was massively over-rated, and do not think we have missed or will miss him.

Archived