BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer Discussion

DE.

i support the club, not the manager. I think the best interests of the club would be served under a better manager. If you have a difference of opinion thats your perogative, but please dont tell me who I should and shouldn't support by your own criteria.

Oh, and whats your answer in reply to comparing Bowyer favourably to Pearson, now ive put the stats on here?

I didn't compare Bowyer to Pearson I said we could do...but now you mention it... more similar than the dyche comparison in my view. Poor Owners, poor finances, expectant fanbase, players on huge wages not willing to give huge effort. I wouldn't say Dyche had any of those barring maybe poor finances saying that I think they were more 'controlled' than poor.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

You need to remember that he wrote his own suicide note and posted it DE.

Indeed so Gord, and I'm sure he regrets it. The ban is deserved but his knowledge was an asset to the forum.

• Moderation Lead

Thats a great point. Why not phone Dyche up and see if he'll come here. Beware though you might have a long wait as every other Championship club Chairman will likely be on hold.

However please consider that whilst Sean Dyche appears to be everyones flavour of the month (despite being in a relegation spot) why does nobody give credit to the Chairman and board who employed him? Also the Burnley faithful despite facing the precipice have to the best of my knowledge turned against no one yet. Can you imagine that situation happening here amongst our spoilt generation?

Turned against no-one yet? Some were after Dyche's head in his first season! Brian Laws? Be carerul putting their fans on a pedestal!

Spoiled generation? More frustrated because our decline has been man made and avoidable is the case.

Thats a great point. Why not phone Dyche up and see if he'll come here. Beware though you might have a long wait as every other Championship club Chairman will likely be on hold.

However please consider that whilst Sean Dyche appears to be everyones flavour of the month (despite being in a relegation spot) why does nobody give credit to the Chairman and board who employed him? Also the Burnley faithful despite facing the precipice have to the best of my knowledge turned against no one yet. Can you imagine that situation happening here amongst our spoilt generation?

The Clampet gathering of fans booed them off good style when they drew 0-0 to QPR at home last season. Yes QPR one of the strongest in the div. Along with other murmurs of discontent about his style of play along with moans on phone ins and shock horror people moaning on messageboards. Dyche himself has touched on this more than once. I blame that spoilt generation at Burnley myself, or maybe they were just frustrated hardcore supporters ?

I think the Ched Evans thing pushed him too far. It was a very personal issue for him and he responded in a totally inappropriate way

I'd spotted a blow up coming before then gumboots. Albeit not of that magnitude. But lots of people have stresses and find themselves in bad situations and just find the strength of character to cope and get on with life.

• Backroom

I think the Ched Evans thing pushed him too far. It was a very personal issue for him and he responded in a totally inappropriate way

Ched Evans wasn't the trigger. But these posts will just be deleted if the conversation continues so best to leave it be.

The Clampet gathering of fans booed them off good style when they drew 0-0 to QPR at home last season. Yes QPR one of the strongest in the div. Along with other murmurs of discontent about his style of play along with moans on phone ins and shock horror people moaning on messageboards. Dyche himself has touched on this more than once. I blame that spoilt generation at Burnley myself, or maybe they were just frustrated hardcore supporters ?

No different to our fans booing Allardyce for winning 3-0 vs Wolves tbf. A sickening display of arrogance from a section of our fans that day.

No but it happens everywhere ask Newcastle even West Ham. It's a modern problem and I hate it as much as the next fair minded supporter but I get sick of people on here trying to make out it's an exclusive Rovers problem and wouldn't happen if we hadn't had any success. Rovers hardcore have always been a more tolerant bunch than most. The fact we still have 10/13k turning up after all that's gone on is testament to that. We have our impatient ones like everyone else.

• Backroom

Absolutely tomphil. If anything I'd say Bowyer has been quite fortunate with the muted crowd reactions so far. A lot of supporters would already have strongly voiced their discontent at witnessing such mind-numbing football every week.

Absolutely tomphil. If anything I'd say Bowyer has been quite fortunate with the muted crowd reactions so far. A lot of supporters would already have strongly voiced their discontent at witnessing such mind-numbing football every week.

No different to our fans booing Allardyce for winning 3-0 vs Wolves tbf. A sickening display of arrogance from a section of our fans that day.

That's why they booed though. Because the win wasn't enough, they wanted entertainment. I was shocked then, and nothing shocks me now because of it.

Gary Bowyers football is identical to Big Sams IMO, uses percentages just as much. The only difference is "moxey" and the players to get consistent results- I think this would happen under any formation or style with the current setup.

I just found it suprising that you'd call the response to the big Sams football a "sickening display" and then say GB is fortunate for not having that same response.

I know some even still believe that if we had fans using more common sense in their reasoning and more of an uproar when he got sacked- he'd likely have never been potted. I don't believe it though, because the Andy Cole interview. The scam was meticulously planned.

A swift double dose of Ince and Kean with Berg and Appleton bringing up the rear appears to have done the trick and re-aligned ambitions with a lot of the under 40's who are still going. Same with all young uns, they were warned often enough but thought they knew better and thought that Premier League football was a divine right and that Allardyce was the anti christ. They wouldn't be told by their elders and betters and just had to learn the hard way.

Fact Fans:-

we are 1 point better off than this time last season and in the QF's of the FA Cup, with the possibility of a SF at Wembley. The squad is slowly taking shape as the deadwood is cut adrift and there are some promising players coming through the academy. Steady as she goes...

In Bowyer We Trust

Fact Fans:-

we are 1 point better off than this time last season and in the QF's of the FA Cup, with the possibility of a SF at Wembley. The squad is slowly taking shape as the deadwood is cut adrift and there are some promising players coming through the academy. Steady as she goes...

In Bowyer We Trust

Interesting facts there,

If we improve by 1 point a season how long will it take us to get back to the PL ?

• Backroom

Interesting facts there,

If we improve by 1 point a season how long will it take us to get back to the PL ?

I wouldn't say interesting as much as utterly irrelevant.

How many points are we off the playoffs right now?

Is our overall financial position better or worse than last season?

As a team do we appear to have improved in playing style from last season?

Have we solved our huge consistency issues?

Does Bowyer appear to have learned from last season's mistakes?

These seem to be more pertinent questions than "how many points are we on this season in comparison to the same stage last season?"

Unfortunately the answers aren't quite as positive, but that wouldn't paint everything quite so brightly.

Interesting facts there,

every year is different. last season the team in 6th was on 56 points after 36 games, this year (which is a freak year) it's 60-odd (65?)

Just pointing out that the regression myth posited by the haters is just that, myth.

how many games have you seen this season?

I wouldn't say interesting as much as utterly irrelevant.

How many points are we off the playoffs right now?

Is our overall financial position better or worse than last season?

As a team do we appear to have improved in playing style from last season?

Have we solved our huge consistency issues?

Does Bowyer appear to have learned from last season's mistakes?

These seem to be more pertinent questions than "how many points are we on this season in comparison to the same stage last season?"

Unfortunately the answers aren't quite as positive, but that wouldn't paint everything quite so brightly.

ah, but the points comparison was trotted out by the haters quite regularly earlier in the season when we were behind last yearts total. It was relevant then. Careful you don't injure yourselves when moving those goalposts.

So you're admitting your point was irrelevant?

not at all. i was pointing out the haters like to move the goalposts when judging Bowyer.

You didn't say how many games you've been on. It must be a lot considering you compare this years performances with last seasons?

He said promotion not play-offs.

Anyone think we'll finish 1 point / 1 place better off this season?

you can get promoted via the play-offs.

Points totals/positions are irrelevant apparently.

• Backroom

not at all. i was pointing out the haters like to move the goalposts when judging Bowyer.

OK, that's fine. So you're saying people had a valid point when being critical of points totals earlier in the season.

So, last season we finished on 70 points. We're on 51 points at present with 10 games left to play. In order to get to 70 again we'll need 19 points out of a possible 30. Assuming we don't hit that target and finish below last season's points total, by your own logic people will have a legitimate reason to consider Bowyer's performance this season poorer than last season.

Good to know we have some logic to go by.

• Backroom

every year is different. last season the team in 6th was on 56 points after 36 games, this year (which is a freak year) it's 60-odd (65?)

Just pointing out that the regression myth posited by the haters is just that, myth.

how many games have you seen this season?

Glad to see we are finally making some progress we certainly need it.

The reality seems to be we have just about stood still (since christmas we have been consistently a point or two above or behind where we were a year ago) I think the reason that is disappointing is because of how strongly we finished last season it felt like a time to push on and that never materialised.

Progress will be defined on finishing in a better position that last season but anything less that play offs at a minimum is failure by almost any measurement when promotion is the aim.

It's looking increasingly likely Bowyer will keep his job for better or worse I just hope he is continuing to learn lessons as he's goes.

Archived