BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Replay tickets

Nearly 25,000 tickets sold;air tickets bought; car hire sorted.

What is there not to get excited about?

Every dog has its day -this match proves that if we can get the Club 'chemistry' back the stay-aways will not blame the Rovers but blame the hierarchy and ignorance of Owners and "Directors".

We must welcome the glimmer of hope.RTID.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd give credit where it is due tomphil. Shaw is certainly not my choice for the position he occupies but after the pathetic home attendances v Swansea and Stoke wouldn't you be cautious about spewing megabucks by hiring more Police than you need if it was your decision? To agree to close some sections in exchange for a smaller Policing / steawrding bill but with a proviso that they may indeed be opened if the demand was there but on the condition that Police numbers are upped pro rata is an eminently sensible bit of business imo. If you want to apportion any blame then surely it can only be directed at the previous stay aways who now appear to have suddenly turned into avid glory hunters.

I agree but it's only assumption it's down to sensible stuff from the club. To be honest it's much more likely it's the police meekly being left to it by the club. The only test will be if they need those seats and what the police say then.

Presumably the amount of policing had been decided already on that proviso but if we want to sell more tickets then I suppose we must take more Police. Just a guess barry.

the reasoning behind closing off sections of the ground on 'safety' measures holds no water. But then you go ahead and introduce another reason, 'cost'. Laughable.

the reasoning behind closing off sections of the ground on 'safety' measures holds no water. But then you go ahead and introduce another reason, 'cost'. Laughable.

Barry I'd pay much more attention to your opinion if you had accurately predicted the attendances of all three home FA cup matches before any games were played or before ticket sales for tyhe Lpool game were published.
Just as an aside are you in business?

The new stands were the safest that money could buy when they were built 20 years ago. They definitely weren't designed to have vast swathes covered in netting. I wonder if the netting is fireproof?

Why is there constant arguing and bickering over attendances? So what everyone 'came out of the woodwork' and went Anfield and are doing the same again for the replay vs league games. Why do people feel they need to justify attending games and how they spend their disposable income? It comes down to simple value for money and supply and demand. I cannot think of a single game this season at Ewood in the league where I came off feeling entertained and happy with what I had seen. The product I am paying for is not worth my undivided attention any longer and that is down to how the club is run, the management and also the players and setup of the club. They would be stupid to increase season ticket costs and also even if they knocked money off the season tickets you will not see an upturn in sales and people suddenly rushing back. I've missed many games this season, majority of midweek games as I simply cannot be arsed to come from Manchester after work and go straight to the game, and some of the weekend games I've gone out for a few drinks instead of being bored to death on Ewood in a morgue atmosphere.

Liverpool game represents a good chance to finally get to new Wembley, and seats being filled should mean a good atmosphere.... then you just have to try and convince yourself that our boring, safe 'manager' will actually have a go but I will not hold my breath.

It would be sold out by now if people really wanted to go. I've got my ticket sorted, but this time next weekend you will see people buying tickets who haven't done so yet as the game approaches and they get the 'buzz' of wanting to be there. THAT is why people are coming out the woodwork and it will not change for the league. The stay aways will continue to do so, and even a change in management and ownership will not change that. Once this myth of Saturdays is only about football is put to bed then people will not get questioned over not going, or feel the need to justify decisions.

Sky has killed football as it is, Venkys have killed Blackburn, and they could offer me a season ticket for £100 next season and the chances of renewal from me are 20% - I am bored of the whole experience these days.

Dan I agree it is an excrutiating experince watching Rovers these days and the dour personality of Bowyer as leader of the orchestra. I am not going to knock anybody who is not going these days as it has been the biggest self destruct of a football club except apart from Pompey.

I have a tradition I like keep to and it is great when my lads can get time off work or can get home from away.

Keep the faith and one day we might just get a game to savour.

Why is there constant arguing and bickering over attendances? So what everyone 'came out of the woodwork' and went Anfield and are doing the same again for the replay vs league games. Why do people feel they need to justify attending games and how they spend their disposable income? It comes down to simple value for money and supply and demand. I cannot think of a single game this season at Ewood in the league where I came off feeling entertained and happy with what I had seen. The product I am paying for is not worth my undivided attention any longer and that is down to how the club is run, the management and also the players and setup of the club. They would be stupid to increase season ticket costs and also even if they knocked money off the season tickets you will not see an upturn in sales and people suddenly rushing back. I've missed many games this season, majority of midweek games as I simply cannot be arsed to come from Manchester after work and go straight to the game, and some of the weekend games I've gone out for a few drinks instead of being bored to death on Ewood in a morgue atmosphere.

Liverpool game represents a good chance to finally get to new Wembley, and seats being filled should mean a good atmosphere.... then you just have to try and convince yourself that our boring, safe 'manager' will actually have a go but I will not hold my breath.

It would be sold out by now if people really wanted to go. I've got my ticket sorted, but this time next weekend you will see people buying tickets who haven't done so yet as the game approaches and they get the 'buzz' of wanting to be there. THAT is why people are coming out the woodwork and it will not change for the league. The stay aways will continue to do so, and even a change in management and ownership will not change that. Once this myth of Saturdays is only about football is put to bed then people will not get questioned over not going, or feel the need to justify decisions.

Sky has killed football as it is, Venkys have killed Blackburn, and they could offer me a season ticket for £100 next season and the chances of renewal from me are 20% - I am bored of the whole experience these days.

If you don't experience bad times you wont enjoy the good ones.

Seen bad times, not as many as the older generation. What I am getting across is that football and the way it is now is different than the bad times decades ago. I could run a poll to every fan going on Ewood and I reckon about 50 will say they are excited or happy on the day of a game. That for me has gone so it's easier to let go

Dan I agree it is an excrutiating experince watching Rovers these days and the dour personality of Bowyer as leader of the orchestra. I am not going to knock anybody who is not going these days as it has been the biggest self destruct of a football club except apart from Pompey.

I have a tradition I like keep to and it is great when my lads can get time off work or can get home from away.

Only buzz I get is the away games and derbies. Apart from that it has gone. It would and could come back if things change but they won't.

The people wanting us NOT to sell Rhodes and Gestede need a reality check. The club is the equivalent of the jugular being cut. It cannot continue and I'd be more inclined to keep faith if we did go down more leagues and build again with a proper structure.

Only buzz I get is the away games and derbies. Apart from that it has gone. It would and could come back if things change but they won't.

The people wanting us NOT to sell Rhodes and Gestede need a reality check. The club is the equivalent of the jugular being cut. It cannot continue and I'd be more inclined to keep faith if we did go down more leagues and build again with a proper structure.

Barry I'd pay much more attention to your opinion if you had accurately predicted the attendances of all three home FA cup matches before any games were played or before ticket sales for tyhe Lpool game were published.
Just as an aside are you in business?

what has that got to do with closing sections of the ground?

Think about it. It's a business decision made on information available. He underestimated based on the previous interest of the supporters in the FA Cup which imo was quite understandable, but quite wisely left in place an open option to amend his estimation upwards . Far better than over estimating and committing ott and to an unecessarily high cost.

Shaw was an unpopular and to some an unfathomable choice, he was cushty with Keans minder in the press and media Paul Agnew and has made a lot of mistakes but imo this isn't one of them.

The problem I have (and it hasn't stopped me attending) is that under previous 'bad times' there was always someone at the club we could trust or had faith in - be it the manager, in the board room or higher up. At the minute there is nobody at Ewood (or further afield) who seems to be acting in the best interests of the club.

Based on that, it's the frustration and self infliction of the mediocrity and the lack of hope for the future, rather than the non-enjoyment of the football, that's getting me down with it all.

Whenever does or has Shaw come out in the press with any reassurances to fans when the natives start getting restless ? When does he or has he come out and backed the manager or team ? Does the man even know the LT or Radio Lancs exist, is he so out of touch with the club that he's not noticed we have a matchday TV or radio station ? Or does he just prefer to operate like a weasel in the background whilst filling his pockets and calling fans not fit to burn inbetween reading PNE mad ?

The problem I have (and it hasn't stopped me attending) is that under previous 'bad times' there was always someone at the club we could trust or had faith in - be it the manager, in the board room or higher up. At the minute there is nobody at Ewood (or further afield) who seems to be acting in the best interests of the club.

Based on that, it's the frustration and self infliction of the mediocrity and the lack of hope for the future, rather than the non-enjoyment of the football, that's getting me down with it all.

Maybe with hindsight compared to now but I'm not sure those denied 1960 cup final tickets (Darreners were virtually excluded I was told) or those trying to kick in the glass block windows of the Nuttall Street Stand shouting "Sack the board" in Quigley's era felt such trust and faith at the time.

A poor manager and rubbish footy has always excited the anger of the mob and hopefully always will.

Maybe with hindsight compared to now but I'm not sure those denied 1960 cup final tickets (Darreners were virtually excluded I was told) or those trying to kick in the glass block windows of the Nuttall Street Stand shouting "Sack the board" in Quigley's era felt such trust and faith at the time.

A poor manager and rubbish footy has always excited the anger of the mob and hopefully always will.

Under Venkys, Quigley would still be here - in defiance at the mob. That's the difference.

Whenever does or has Shaw come out in the press with any reassurances to fans when the natives start getting restless ? When does he or has he come out and backed the manager or team ? Does the man even know the LT or Radio Lancs exist, is he so out of touch with the club that he's not noticed we have a matchday TV or radio station ? Or does he just prefer to operate like a weasel in the background whilst filling his pockets and calling fans not fit to burn inbetween reading PNE mad ?

Yes.

And theno, Shaw seemingly getting one thing correct does not make up for all the other @#/? ups he has made,

He should not be anywhere near the Rovers, he is a small time nobber

I'm sure whoever was manager in 1960 and took us to a cup final was acting in the best interests of the team - not leaving his best player benched and seemingly being intent on keeping unbeaten records to send son bites back to his bosses.

Besides the point was why fans are drifting away now instead of in other 'bad times'. Did 1960 not lose the club a lot of good will and support then also?

golf ;)

Late 60's 70's and early 80's were the bad times. Always tinged with a depressing feeling of hopelessness. 2011/12 was not bad as much as evil. The place stunk of corruption which we are paying for now. Made no sense to me to be protesting at nights and marching in protest to the ground on Saturdays and then going in to watch the match. :wacko: Sorry but anybody who did that imo didn't have strong enough principles. Pretty sure that if everybody had followed my example things would have turned out mighty different.

Rather surprised you raised that old potato abbey cos my actions have been well documented. Oh and another thing .... I have NEVER played golf on a Saturday! :P

And theno, Shaw seemingly getting one thing correct does not make up for all the other @#/? ups he has made,

He should not be anywhere near the Rovers, he is a small time nobber

In fairness mike Barry and I were discussing just the one issue of the attendance v Liverpool. Also I think I made my thoughts plain about Shaw in post #212.

We've been conditioned to expect instant success and everything else straight away. The analysis of manager's reactions is a joke itself. As John Coleman said on Radio Lancs last night, we do our work in the week. We don't expect to stand on the touchline repeating ourselves. If players don't get it by Saturday, gesticulating by the dug out counts as a waste of energy. Duh.

Replays of fouls! From different angles! What's that all about. I love bigger pictures, I do, me. LOL

I'm sure whoever was manager in 1960 and took us to a cup final was acting in the best interests of the team - not leaving his best player benched and seemingly being intent on keeping unbeaten records to send son bites back to his bosses.

Besides the point was why fans are drifting away now instead of in other 'bad times'. Did 1960 not lose the club a lot of good will and support then also?

That 1960 FA Cup Final is a strange example to make. Not being pedantic but nobody sat on benches then Hasta. There were no substitutes and thats why going down to 10 men before HT Dave Whelans broken leg effectively ended our hopes. Also Derek Dougan should have been put on a bus straight back to Blackburn and not even allowed into Wembley Stadium for what he did!

Archived