BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Replay tickets

That 1960 FA Cup Final is a strange example to make. Not being pedantic but nobody sat on benches then Hasta. There were no substitutes and thats why going down to 10 men before HT Dave Whelans broken leg effectively ended our hopes. Also Derek Dougan should have been put on a bus straight back to Blackburn and not even allowed into Wembley Stadium for what he did!

I didn't use that as an example - EiT did as an example of another time when the board screwed over fans in a previous era.

I just pointed out that at the time I'm sure the manager was doing his best for the team.

However then. like now, it cost the team support in the community.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think about it. It's a business decision made on information available. He underestimated based on the previous interest of the supporters in the FA Cup which imo was quite understandable, but quite wisely left in place an open option to amend his estimation upwards . Far better than over estimating and committing ott and to an unecessarily high cost.

Shaw was an unpopular and to some an unfathomable choice, he was cushty with Keans minder in the press and media Paul Agnew and has made a lot of mistakes but imo this isn't one of them.

an example of where you're mistaken is the recent Bolton game. Ridiculous segregation again. Where the end section of W01 had been tapped off, there was at least 6 stewards stood across the aisle facing the fans. There's a further 15? stewards inbetween the DE and the JW stands, ready for the 'action'. As well as the police. And phew!! didn't bolton bring a lot of fans?! (who should've been housed in the upper Darwen End). There's also a natural barrier between the DE and the 2 other stands because of the space. Are you really saying that it's about cost?? That, and the argument about safety doesn't make sense. As has been said... we hosted teams week in week out that filled the DE without the need for draconian measures.

It's football. It's about emotions. It's about making your support count. It shouldn't be about a security team that isn't fit for purpose and can't manage a small group of football supporters.

Is it nearly sold out?

It's gonna feel really strange walking to a night match and actually seeing people from town onwards. In recent times there's always been somewhat of a

feel about attending Ewood late on.

Then enjoy it, friend. Because life is short.

COYB

an example of where you're mistaken is the recent Bolton game. Ridiculous segregation again. Where the end section of W01 had been tapped off, there was at least 6 stewards stood across the aisle facing the fans. There's a further 15? stewards inbetween the DE and the JW stands, ready for the 'action'. As well as the police. And phew!! didn't bolton bring a lot of fans?! (who should've been housed in the upper Darwen End). There's also a natural barrier between the DE and the 2 other stands because of the space. Are you really saying that it's about cost?? That, and the argument about safety doesn't make sense. As has been said... we hosted teams week in week out that filled the DE without the need for draconian measures.

It's football. It's about emotions. It's about making your support count. It shouldn't be about a security team that isn't fit for purpose and can't manage a small group of football supporters.

We'll have to agree to differ.

btw No idea about you but I hate sitting under a stand full of away fans. I feel more vulnerable than when I'm amongst them.

Under Venkys, Quigley would still be here - in defiance at the mob. That's the difference.

He did go, but when we got relegated, not when we were tenth.

I'm sure whoever was manager in 1960 and took us to a cup final was acting in the best interests of the team - not leaving his best player benched and seemingly being intent on keeping unbeaten records to send son bites back to his bosses.

Besides the point was why fans are drifting away now instead of in other 'bad times'. Did 1960 not lose the club a lot of good will and support then also?

Dougan certainly wasn't.

Yes it did lose the club a hell of a lot of support, and much angrier back then than now; many thousands never set foot in Ewood ever again, no matter who we played in the cup.

Dougan certainly wasn't.

Yes it did lose the club a hell of a lot of support, and much angrier back then than now; many thousands never set foot in Ewood ever again, no matter who we played in the cup.

Err thanks for backing up my original point.

Err thanks for backing up my original point.

Only because it was actually my original point..!

Many on here seem to think we are somehow exceptional in how the fans have been screwed over, ignoring Coventry or even our own past in 1960. Not one person back then thought the Board were any better than the Raos, and many I would think thought them a lot worse as they were local men too.

If we wait for Bowyer to relegate us it will be too late.

As far as anger, I think it's more spite-and-face. Blackburn folk are a very principled bunch - sometimes to their own detriment.

Maybe just maybe,but I wont holdy breath, a full house will show the numskulls in India what they are missing. Wake them up a bit.

I hope so but they will probably be fed the line that the fans are supporting the owners.

Mind you I can see the Rao fat boys turning up for this game to milk the media coverage.

I hope so but they will probably be fed the line that the fans are supporting the owners.

Mind you I can see the Rao fat boys turning up for this game to milk the media coverage.

They will need to keep the tickets stubbs so they qualify for the final tickets, wouldn't want to miss out on the prawn sandwiches with royalty would they

Imagine the fleet of Rollers down wemberley way......Madam would be in the royal box with parson and chaddy

Why do you keep trying to wind Parson and Chaddy up? Are you not getting enough attention?

Is it nearly sold out?

It's gonna feel really strange walking to a night match and actually seeing people from town onwards. In recent times there's always been somewhat of a

feel about attending Ewood late on.

Getting there and back and parking is going to be hell!

Maybe just maybe,but I wont holdy breath, a full house will show the numskulls in India what they are missing. Wake them up a bit.

I doubt it USA. They'll just be sat around heir telly bemoaning the fact that they didn't buy Liverpool. ^_^

If I get given my usual seats at Wembley they will be about 10 meters away. They will wish they never got off the plane.

Exactly on the half way line a few rows in front of the Royal Box where the FA Cup will be presented to Grant Hanley.

Don't go showing us up! ^_^

Archived