BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Replay tickets

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why this hasn't occurred to me before. Football clubs have a safety certificate which allows them to operate the stadium. Presumably a part of issuing the certificate is to be satisfied the club is competent to operate the stadium, that is the inspection is not just physical?

Secondly the club pay for policing. It's very rare to see police at Ewood these days.

So given Rovers have a safety certificate and effectively invite, by paying them, the police along how is it the police get to insist on segregation?

Can the club put on a match without a police presence in the ground?

It seems ridiculous to me. We happily walked with the crowds to Anfield wearing scarves and shirts. Had a good chat with plenty of Scousers.

To be fair, Paul. The policing isn't because of the likes of me and you and our lads...

We now apparently have something called the 'Safety Advisory Group' working with the club, although who sits on this group and what power it has is not that clear. I'm not sure if this is a separate entity to Blackburn Council's Safety Advisory Group.

Maybe this is something the Fan's Forum could ask our executive team?

Who are these people, what power do they have, can they force us to shut large blocks of the stadium for no real reason or are they just producing 'advice'

Are they aware that for 20 years we hosted top flight football matches against the biggest sets of away fans in the country and somehow managed to do it without shutting blocks of the ground?

I personally have had enough of advisers at the club - whether Safety, Agent or Global in nature.

Makes no sense at all other them trying to make it as easy and profitable as possible for themselves. We were told it was done v Bolton because of the threat of them throwing smoke canisters at each other after Boxing Day. Yet come match night instead of the manc overspill being put in the middle of the Darwen End they'd sold the majority of their tickets in the usual away section making them quite close the Rovers fans in the JW, in easy chucking distance. Utter codswallop ! Like I said before the only other stadium that carries such segregation is the Den and down there they always put visitors in the upper tier.

I'm glad they've sectioned parts of the two stands off. For the second time in a decade, Liverpool being the last I believe when they scabbed a 0-1, Ewood Park will be sold out. How often do we here that?

Technically, just under 1/4 of Blackburn will be inside the ground for this game (even though many don't know what footy is in Blackburn). Can you imagine if Leeds, Wolves, Norwich or Derby ever achieved something similar? Even now, our attendances are still better, as a percentage, than the city clubs I've mentioned! I bet the media don't bother with this fact though....

I'm glad they've sectioned parts of the two stands off. For the second time in a decade, Liverpool being the last I believe when they scabbed a 0-1, Ewood Park will be sold out. How often do we here that?

Technically, just under 1/4 of Blackburn will be inside the ground for this game (even though many don't know what footy is in Blackburn). Can you imagine if Leeds, Wolves, Norwich or Derby ever achieved something similar? Even now, our attendances are still better, as a percentage, than the city clubs I've mentioned! I bet the media don't bother with this fact though....

Indeed if someone like Leeds had an average of around ten percent of the population similar to us they'd have to have about 70 thousand on each game. It's always struck me down the years that the wider press and a lot of other fans lump us in with the Leics/Derby/Soton size type clubs and just assume Blackburn is that size of place but we just don't get their crowds because we are so unfashionable or something. Clueless isn't the word.

Been to Ewood to pay my lottery this morning. No-one buying tickets, 'twas told it is very quiet now after the initial rush. I hope we shift that 4,200 left over tickets.

probably pay day for a lot of people tomorrow PB so wouldn't be surprised to see the number push up over the weekend and early part of next week. Without wishing to sound negative, its a sign of how far we are fallen that people are getting excited over selling 16k tickets for a FA Cup Quarter Final against Liverpool. :blink:

probably pay day for a lot of people tomorrow PB so wouldn't be surprised to see the number push up over the weekend and early part of next week. Without wishing to sound negative, its a sign of how far we are fallen that people are getting excited over selling 16k tickets for a FA Cup Quarter Final against Liverpool. :blink:

I hope so Andy. And yes it is shocking for some to get excited about us selling only 16,000 tickets. Our average gate in the Championship post relegation from the EPL 1st time around was far in excess of that figure.

We now apparently have something called the 'Safety Advisory Group' working with the club, although who sits on this group and what power it has is not that clear. I'm not sure if this is a separate entity to Blackburn Council's Safety Advisory Group.

Maybe this is something the Fan's Forum could ask our executive team?

Who are these people, what power do they have, can they force us to shut large blocks of the stadium for no real reason or are they just producing 'advice'

Are they aware that for 20 years we hosted top flight football matches against the biggest sets of away fans in the country and somehow managed to do it without shutting blocks of the ground?

I personally have had enough of advisers at the club - whether Safety, Agent or Global in nature.

+1000

any comment from the 'fans forum' members? This needs to be addressed.

• Moderation Lead

Pay day on Fridays? Pay day at the end of the month? What about those who's pay day is on the 15th? Maybe sales have just dried up? ;)

20th for me, nightmare!

• Backroom

I still feel like taking mine back in still @#/? off so much

One of the reasons I didn't get one on Sunday, now my season ticket seat is gone I probably won't go. My own fault as had plenty of time but there was no way I was paying out on Sunday after the disgrace the day before :(

I'm on my hollibobs Gav

EDIT: And if I wasn't no I would not be buying a ticket. Why do you ask when you know the answer? We were all playing together so well

We still are playing well together.

It'll probably a long time before we experience another night like the one in prospect, nobody could be blamed for attending in my opinion.

23rd for me and broke already.

:lol:

Archived