BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Replay tickets

probably pay day for a lot of people tomorrow PB so wouldn't be surprised to see the number push up over the weekend and early part of next week. Without wishing to sound negative, its a sign of how far we are fallen that people are getting excited over selling 16k tickets for a FA Cup Quarter Final against Liverpool. :blink:

fancy getting excited about a full house at Ewood. I much preferred the Swansea experience.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have a point if the reason to leave is down to us playing brentford, Doncaster, Yeovil etc-

If the reason to give up your seat is "not giving anymore money to Venkys" then attending the big games makes that a ridiculous reason.

I have a perfectly good reason to be bitter- 23 home games a season are being played in front of a half full stadium. It's not ridiculous to assume we'd stand a better chance of re emerging from this league if the "rovers till I die" crew actually came to those matches.

Maybe the club should have put Lpool tickets on open release or alternatively for anyone without a ST and who didn't attend the previous FA cup home matches as part of a 3 match bundle.

Don't give the police ideas tomphil!

I think our core support is around 15k, but to be honest I don't care who turns up, the more the merrier in my opinion.

I understand what you're saying but it's nothing new this. I can remember 8k league gates and 30k for Villa in the cup!

Full Members Final 87. About 27k turned up at Wembley and buggered off just as quick..... until Jacks millions persuaded them otherwise a couple of years later when ten thousand of 'die hards' trapped up out of the woodwork. I can still rem Everton fans singing 'where were you when you were sh1t'? First time I'd ever heard it but it was both poignant and accurate.

I know what your saying Gav, it'll be great to see a big crowd and atmosphere again. Just irks me the number of people who've sworn off Rovers because of those Indian unprintables only to pop back for Burnley and now this. Won't stand shoulder to shoulder with their mates for the bread and butter stuff though. Mind you back in the day I remember 23k ish for Liverpool in cup then 4.5k at home to Cambridge United in lge the following Saturday when I was a kid. Blackburners eh................... :)

Should we lose they will of course moan the loudest and be the first to say 'I told you so'.

But it is/was always the case - the fact is now four or so years of this shower has driven folk away, but it's a last hurrah for the stay-a-ways. I'm not going to get pious...I didn't go to the Swansea game having made a reasoned decision as a ST holder having watched dross. I watched it on the TV. The result was a surprise, I've been to every league game since, and it continues to be awful, culminating in Saturday's debacle. I went to the Stoke game, went to Liverpool - I don't really begrudge the glory hunters returning - I'd rather have a full (save for the restrictions) ground than not.

I know what you are saying re: poor fare but would you mind sharing your reasoning behind that decision Proudtobeblueandwhite? The game against Swansea could have been a last hurrah too surely?

It is no coincidence they have not won a title since Maggie destroyed football grounds and the kop became just another 'meh' stand.

The move away from standing came from the removal of pitchside fencing following the Hillsborough disaster.

However I can't think of a football ground that is worse now than it was then. Most have improved beyond measure. Draughty sheds with stinking bogs and leaky rooves that only kept rain out if it was falling from behind the direction the stand was facing.

how so? IF the police now decide on segregation (and I do doubt this) how is it okay to then sell the seats? It's either okay or it isn't.

Presumably the amount of policing had been decided already on that proviso but if we want to sell more tickets then I suppose we must take more Police. Just a guess barry.

Gordon, I can't be bothered to look, was it the Blackpool game, or one of the others, shortly before. I was dispirited and felt that Swansea would stuff us. Expectations, eh? It's also money, matter of choice, family matters, lots of reasons. Brighton has made me feel the same, but I will haul myself to the last few home games and see....me and the lad will be there on the 8th, he wasn't born when we went the the FMC final, I was there, still am.

Gordon, I can't be bothered to look, was it the Blackpool game, or one of the others, shortly before. I was dispirited and felt that Swansea would stuff us. Expectations, eh? It's also money, matter of choice, family matters, lots of reasons. Brighton has made me feel the same, but I will haul myself to the last few home games and see....me and the lad will be there on the 8th, he wasn't born when we went the the FMC final, I was there, still am.

Must have been the Wolves at home travesty - when we should have been stuffed about 4-0. As that's what did it for me too.

Hardly money for that match Ptbb&w. I seem to rem it was only a tenner for me in the JWUpper.

Must have been the Wolves at home travesty - when we should have been stuffed about 4-0. As that's what did it for me too.

Thank you, yes Wolves when they wouldn't have been flattered by that scoreline. There have been quite a few!

Hardly money for that match Ptbb&w. I seem to rem it was only a tenner for me in the JWUpper.

Give it a rest, it was one of many reasons, it was more than a tenner. Stop picking at everything! I have had a ST since 1980, only ever stopped when I went to Uni, and when Coco fooked us over. I didn't go to the Swansea game, get over it. My mum died last November, I'm left with a very distressed father, does that explain why I miss the odd game?

Full Members Final 87. About 27k turned up at Wembley and buggered off just as quick..... until Jacks millions persuaded them otherwise a couple of years later when ten thousand of 'die hards' trapped up out of the woodwork. I can still rem Everton fans singing 'where were you when you were sh1t'?

Still the best day I've had supporting the club the Full Members Cup.

Did those Everton fans not remeber our 12k away following at Goodison mid 80's? Cheeky swines.

Give it a rest, it was one of many reasons, it was more than a tenner. Stop picking at everything! I have had a ST since 1980, only ever stopped when I went to Uni, and when Coco fooked us over. I didn't go to the Swansea game, get over it. My mum died last November, I'm left with a very distressed father, does that explain why I miss the odd game?

Ooops it was £20. No need to get shirty but I recall you have said that you have been to every match since.

btw My sympathy for the loss of your Mother. Silly and irrelevent as football links are I rem my Mum died the day after our first protest march before the Arsenal Match Sept 2011.

Ooops it was £20. No need to get shirty but I recall you have said that you have been to every match since.

btw My sympathy for the loss of your Mother. Silly and irrelevent as football links are I rem my Mum died the day after our first protest march before the Arsenal Match Sept 2011.

Shirty! You were wrong! I watched the game with my dad, he can't afford Bt sport. Sorry for your loss too.

fancy getting excited about a full house at Ewood. I much preferred the Swansea experience.

you obviously have a problem reading simple words or maybe just with me given you totally misrepresented what I clearly said. In 2011/12 we probably had more than 16,000 STH for bog standard matches against Stoke, Fulham, Sunderland, etc and now people are getting carried away with us shifting 16,000 tickets for a FA Cup Quarter Final against Liverpool that IS a sign of how far we have fallen.

Now, if 30,000 Rovers fans had bought tickets for the match that would be a different matter! :rover:

you obviously have a problem reading simple words or maybe just with me given you totally misrepresented what I clearly said. In 2011/12 we probably had more than 16,000 STH for bog standard matches against Stoke, Fulham, Sunderland, etc and now people are getting carried away with us shifting 16,000 tickets for a FA Cup Quarter Final against Liverpool that IS a sign of how far we have fallen.

Now, if 30,000 Rovers fans had bought tickets for the match that would be a different matter! :rover:

you obviously have a problem getting your point across

you said you 'can't believe people are getting excited about selling 16k for a liverpool QF'. You didn't mention Sunderland, Fulham etc. I put that in the context of the Swansea game where we had less than 5k. That's why some are getting excited. It will be great to see a full Ewood, the last time was the Wigan relegation game iirc and that was mainly for negative reasons.

We now apparently have something called the 'Safety Advisory Group' working with the club, although who sits on this group and what power it has is not that clear. I'm not sure if this is a separate entity to Blackburn Council's Safety Advisory Group.

Maybe this is something the Fan's Forum could ask our executive team?

Who are these people, what power do they have, can they force us to shut large blocks of the stadium for no real reason or are they just producing 'advice'

Are they aware that for 20 years we hosted top flight football matches against the biggest sets of away fans in the country and somehow managed to do it without shutting blocks of the ground?

I personally have had enough of advisers at the club - whether Safety, Agent or Global in nature.

Over 3,600 tickets have been witheld by my reckoning:

Jack Walker 1700+

Riverside 1100+

Darwen End 800

All this at a club with better behaved fans than most. Week in week out on tv I see Premiership grounds with every seat taken.

Week in week out there are plenty empty seats on a lot of Prem grounds but I take your point. If the demand is there they'll open some more up I would think. Just penny pinching on the amount of stewards/police needed in those areas at the min. A deggsy special !

Week in week out there are plenty empty seats on a lot of Prem grounds but I take your point. If the demand is there they'll open some more up I would think. Just penny pinching on the amount of stewards/police needed in those areas at the min. A deggsy special !

I'd give credit where it is due tomphil. Shaw is certainly not my choice for the position he occupies but after the pathetic home attendances v Swansea and Stoke wouldn't you be cautious about spewing megabucks by hiring more Police than you need if it was your decision? To agree to close some sections in exchange for a smaller Policing / steawrding bill but with a proviso that they may indeed be opened if the demand was there but on the condition that Police numbers are upped pro rata is an eminently sensible bit of business imo. If you want to apportion any blame then surely it can only be directed at the previous stay aways who now appear to have suddenly turned into avid glory hunters.

Archived