BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Replay tickets

It would be better if they released the 2nd block in the riverside from the Darwen end, namely eo 4 inner. Absolutely no need for this to be cordoned off.

The wider public viewing the game on TV will just see 2 vast empty blocks in the riverside and presume we couldn't sell them! Our support wrongly gets criticised in the media and I want them to see Ewood completely full, not with empty blocks.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be better if they released the 2nd block in the riverside from the Darwen end, namely eo 4 inner. Absolutely no need for this to be cordoned off.

The wider public viewing the game on TV will just see 2 vast empty blocks in the riverside and presume we couldn't sell them! Our support wrongly gets criticised in the media and I want them to see Ewood completely full, not with empty blocks.

At a guess, I think they will wait until this latest batch sells out - then release more seats in another area (E04 or W01).

• Moderation Lead

I'm not a fan of Rovers fans encouraging away fans by buying them tickets in the home ends. It's not their behaviour I'm concerned about, it's if they display some favour towards Liverpool inadvertently and it winds up the home fans...

• Moderation Lead

Boxes in the DE I've no bother with, but in the home ends is encouraging bother which the police appear keen to limit by reducing the capacity!!

I'm not a fan of Rovers fans encouraging away fans by buying them tickets in the home ends. It's not their behaviour I'm concerned about, it's if they display some favour towards Liverpool inadvertently and it winds up the home fans...

it's all about conditioning. I was conditioned at Ewood when there were no fences and no gates and supporters swapped ends at HT. A sitaution which had gone on for generations before the hooligan malaise of the 70's put an end to it. Before then football crowds had in the main behaved like todays Rugby supporters with good humour and manners between opposing sets. Many fans are so precious now that they automatically cause trouble when they discover an away fan in their stand, even as frequently they have come with a mate who is a BRFC fan.

I've sat behind the dug out at Anfield on borrowed tickets recently with no animosity from the home fans and no repercussions from the club on the chap who lent us his 4 ST's either. I've sat on the Stretford End, the Goodison Road stand at Everton and behind the home goals on the Reebok. I had been invited by an old school chum (courtesy of friends re-united) who has now sadly passed away and I returned the favour by buying him a ticket of the JWU. No trouble whatsoever on any occasion.

My message is if you don't go looking for trouble you SHOULD be fine but this segregation malarcky imo actually promotes trouble when it goes wrong.

The JW was more or less sold out, barring the odd seat.

Riverside still has a few tickets left, plenty in BBE upper.

I'd say we are at roughly 26k with 2k to sell.

So now the section(s) that were closed because of the fear of crowd trouble will now be opened and random supporters will be able to buy the tickets there?!

Where's the concerns for health & safety now??

That security team at Ewood sure knows how to handle things.

Pathetic.

it's all about conditioning. I was conditioned at Ewood when there were no fences and no gates and supporters swapped ends at HT. A sitaution which had gone on for generations before the hooligan malaise of the 70's put an end to it. Before then football crowds had in the main behaved like todays Rugby supporters with good humour and manners between opposing sets. Many fans are so precious now that they automatically cause trouble when they discover an away fan in their stand, even as frequently they have come with a mate who is a BRFC fan.

I've sat behind the dug out at Anfield on borrowed tickets recently with no animosity from the home fans and no repercussions from the club on the chap who lent us his 4 ST's either. I've sat on the Stretford End, the Goodison Road stand at Everton and behind the home goals on the Reebok. I had been invited by an old school chum (courtesy of friends re-united) who has now sadly passed away and I returned the favour by buying him a ticket of the JWU. No trouble whatsoever on any occasion.

My message is if you don't go looking for trouble you SHOULD be fine but this segregation malarcky imo actually promotes trouble when it goes wrong.

Personally, I've been to a number of games watching other teams (usually Leicester as one of my good friends is a supporter), yet never sat in a home end whilst watching Rovers away. Whilst I have no doubts that I'd refrain from cheering (or moaning) and would behave myself, the same can't be said for others. I wouldn't mind too much if they filled some empty seats at Ewood and behaved themselves but if they are taking tickets away from home fans (never really happens as we don't sell out) then it becomes an issue. Issue is, during games where a number of the away fans infiltrate the home end, you normally get at least the one idiot who makes a scene and clashes with the supporters around them.

So now the section(s) that were closed because of the fear of crowd trouble will now be opened and random supporters will be able to buy the tickets there?!

Where's the concerns for health & safety now??

That security team at Ewood sure knows how to handle things.

Pathetic.

For goodness sake.... they'll have upped the numbers of stewards and Police accordingly. Why is this so difficult to comprehend? Why in such a rush to constantly complain about our club. We are supposed to be supporters not critics.

Personally, I've been to a number of games watching other teams (usually Leicester as one of my good friends is a supporter), yet never sat in a home end whilst watching Rovers away. Whilst I have no doubts that I'd refrain from cheering (or moaning) and would behave myself, the same can't be said for others. I wouldn't mind too much if they filled some empty seats at Ewood and behaved themselves but if they are taking tickets away from home fans (never really happens as we don't sell out) then it becomes an issue. Issue is, during games where a number of the away fans infiltrate the home end, you normally get at least the one idiot who makes a scene and clashes with the supporters around them.

Correct it's an unwanted hang over from the hooligan days.

Tell you what was good craic in the early days of Jack Walker's tenure mustard. Me and a mate went over to Burnley for an odd few matches (when the Rovers were away and there was nothing else on) and we stood in the away end with the away supporters. They all sussed us within 5 minutes but we had a great time and all without a hint of trouble or animosity..... Lot of jealousy mind because Jacks shopping spree at the time turned supporting BRFC into Fantasy Island in the eyes of other clubs supporters.

For goodness sake.... they'll have upped the numbers of stewards and Police accordingly. Why is this so difficult to comprehend? Why in such a rush to constantly complain about our club. We are supposed to be supporters not critics.

police in the JW Upper? don't make me laugh :unsure:

I'm against ridiculous segregation and closing of sections of the ground based on nothing. This will carry on next season.

Commenting about decisions made by 'the club' is my right. And you might've noticed that this is a messageboard :tu:

police in the JW Upper? don't make me laugh :unsure:

I'm against ridiculous segregation and closing of sections of the ground based on nothing. This will carry on next season.

Commenting about decisions made by 'the club' is my right. And you might've noticed that this is a messageboard :tu:

Surely this will only be an issue if the ground sells out? Ridiculous segregation or not, if we can't sell the seats then what does it matter?

Just not worth getting bothered about.

Widnes rugby fans ?

I have to say I much prefer there being segregation at football. What chance is there of getting a chant if you're surrounded by opposing fans.

Segregation will only work if they do something about away fans in home areas creating a nuisance (no issue with away fans that just sit and enjoy the match). Been to numerous matches where away fans in home areas creating problems - but stewards and police do nothing.

They have now released most of area E04.

I have to say I much prefer there being segregation at football. What chance is there of getting a chant if you're surrounded by opposing fans.

We used to manage just fine ........ Ziga zaga ziga zaga Oi Oi Oi. 2,4,6,8 who do we appreciate etc. Loud and proud in the Darren End shed. :tu:

They have now released most of area E04.

careful ben.... you will be leaving nothing to moan about soon and they won't like that one bit!

To be fair it looks like a very sensible approach has been taken. If we weren't going to sell all the tickets best to keep a gap but if we need the tickets we can sell them nearer the time. Not often that the word "sensible" could be associated with this club in the last 4 years but credit where credit's due. Gutted to be missing the game, on holiday in Dublin. Will have to watch it with hunners of palstic scousers no doubt.

If anyone knows of anywhere in Dublin wheere there might be a few Rovers fans watching please PM me.

Archived