BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Replay tickets

• Backroom

Interesting that first choice is season ticket holders it means folk like myself that will only have been to one of the four previous rounds will be able to get a ticket of choice no problem whilst someone who has been to all four has to wait.

Then again I suppose the size of each pool isn't enough to warrant concern due to low season ticket sales and low attendances in the other rounds.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

For people worried about ringing premium rate numbers- use www.saynoto0870.com and you can search for the landline equivalent to get it at local rate :-)

As I will not be doing so!!

Makes perfect sense really. We've got a matter of days to shift 30,000 tickets and to post them out to supporters. There's no way the ticket office these days is equipped to deal with that demand. Had we won the original tie then I'm pretty sure we'd be selling them ourselves as we did in Cardiff and Old Trafford. Liverpool ticket office is geared up for high demand games and has plenty more bodies working in the ticket office.

The fees are a fact of life, a necessary evil. Even our ticket office charges for credit card payment but the value of the ticket all goes to us, Ticketmaster won't see anything from the face value of the ticket. TM have to make some money somewhere from selling the tickets.

It seems my criticism of the club is constant on here but what on earth are they playing at selling on ticketmaster and not at least selling some at the ticket office?!

People just won't go! We are a town club with an old fashioned principled town mentality where the majority of fans live in a 10 mile radius. Selling on ticketmaster is fine for big clubs with fans from everywhere but not for us.

Many people in blackburn still do not use the internet.

Many people, particularly in a town like blackburn, refuse to ring premium lines, be on hold for ages, pay add on booking fees and get ripped off.

Many like the good old fashioned way of queuing for a ticket - indeed 'queues around the block' is all part and parcel of the build up for a big cup game.

I'm sure I speak for others on here but groups, be it mates or families, tend to have a designated member who organises getting the tickets. Or otherwise some of the group would never get around to going. I certainly have that role. Some of my group just won't bother when they get told they have to sort themselves out with ticketmaster.

Ridiculous by the club - I don't think we would have come anywhere near to selling out if they had been selling the normal way - it will be a pitiful attendance now!

Rant over - I must add I don't think it will be a problem for obvious reasons, but if we did somehow beat Liverpool, cue a ticketing disaster!

'Many people in Blackburn still don't use the Internet...???'

Seriously.

Surely the whole issue here is that you'd get to see Rovers run out at Wembley. Who cares how you buy the damn tickets? Is that really enough for you to not go? You'd rather miss the game because you'd prefer to queue at the ticket office instead of booking online?

I'm staggered. It's a trivial issue at best. I have no time for the management at the club but sometimes they can't win.

Probably forget all this when we get smashed by Liverpool.

'Many people in Blackburn still don't use the Internet...???'

Seriously.

Surely the whole issue here is that you'd get to see Rovers run out at Wembley. Who cares how you buy the damn tickets? Is that really enough for you to not go? You'd rather miss the game because you'd prefer to queue at the ticket office instead of booking online?

I'm staggered. It's a trivial issue at best. I have no time for the management at the club but sometimes they can't win.

Probably forget all this when we get smashed by Liverpool.

To flog the ticket sales onto a 3rd party making fans pay more than the actual ticket is worth same as buying concert tickets not from a box office... It's a scandal

Lots of Rovers fans normally travel these distances by coach booked through the club which means they would have to go to Ewood anyway to book their travel. At this point they would also buy their match ticket. For me it's another cop out by the club who yet again are not putting their customers first. I think this would be a deciding factor in a significant number not going should we beat Liverpool.

Can nobody from the Fans Forum get on to Shaw or whoever to express their disgust.

To flog the ticket sales onto a 3rd party making fans pay more than the actual ticket is worth same as buying concert tickets not from a box office... It's a scandal

No it's not. Rovers don't have the systems to cope with thousands of ticket applications in the space of a handful of days. What were they meant to do? Would you rather go through ticketmaster or not be able to get any tickets because the phones are jammed and the ticket system has crashed??

Get a grip.

Lots of Rovers fans normally travel these distances by coach booked through the club which means they would have to go to Ewood anyway to book their travel. At this point they would also buy their match ticket. For me it's another cop out by the club who yet again are not putting their customers first. I think this would be a deciding factor in a significant number not going should we beat Liverpool.

Can nobody from the Fans Forum get on to Shaw or whoever to express their disgust.

If this is a deciding factor then that would be pathetic. Talk about throwing toys out of the pram.

But can you imagine the fall out if the ticket office couldn't cope with the demand and fail to get all the tickets sold and sent out in just a few days? There just isn't the man power these days to cope with that level of demand. How many tickets do they sell for a normal league game in the 2-3 weeks they are on sale? 2,000 possibly? Plus walk ons on the day of the game.

Considering the price of the ticket, travel, food, drink etc is another £2'ish really going to make such a big difference?

I really can't see what the problem is.

I'm not going to worry about Ticketmaster or other just yet!

Hit the nail on the head Stuart. I cannot even begin to understand why people are worrying about Wembley until at the earliest 9.30pm on Wednesday.

As for Ticket@#/?s. Don't like the idea of paying their premiums but we have to recognise there is no way the ticket office could deal with the likely demand In 11 days. A realistic decision which stops one set of moans and starts another

I'm just going to enjoy it.

Hit the nail on the head Stuart. I cannot even begin to understand why people are worrying about Wembley until at the earliest 9.30pm on Wednesday.

As for Ticket@#/?s. Don't like the idea of paying their premiums but we have to recognise there is no way the ticket office could deal with the likely demand In 11 days. A realistic decision which stops one set of moans and starts another

I'm just going to enjoy it.

Rubbish Paul, Bradford sold their tickets for the quarters in about an hour. Its a sad day that the ticket office can't sell 25000 tickets in just under 2 weeks. In the olden days they'd have opened and sold them to queues right round nuttall street....

Bloody Hell, I bet the last couple of pages of this thread would cause some amusement on Merseyside!

I said that tickets for the replay were priced too highly and predicted a crowd of circa 17k with 7k Scousers. I'm really pleased to to be proved comprehensively wrong (not for the first time). What a fantastic response, very occasionally Rovers fans demonstrate a capacity to surprise!

Hope everyone has a great night.

I'll give you a £1 to 1p if the club sells them and it's a mess people will moan on here. I'll give the same odds everyone will be whinging about Ticketmaster.

The moaning in this thread demonstrates the point.

Rubbish Paul, Bradford sold their tickets for the quarters in about an hour. Its a sad day that the ticket office can't sell 25000 tickets in just under 2 weeks. In the olden days they'd have opened and sold them to queues right round nuttall street....

It's not the olden days though is it. Instead of taking time off work, spending money on petrol, queuing for hours in the rain, or getting frustrated because 5 phone lines are trying to cope with 30,000 calls on Thursday morning ... people will be able to log in from wherever they are either with a computer or a mobile phone and buy tickets for Wembley in 5 minutes flat on a stable system which can handle massive spikes in demand.

One Rovers would fall over by 9.01am and might never recover.

I know Ticketmaster had problems when selling London Olympics tickets, but there were 9 million of those. I don't like their fees either, but in this unique case needs must. Between the semi and the final Rovers will have 41 days to shift 20,000 tickets (instead of 30,000 in 9), so I'm sure you'll be able to queue on Nuttall Street to your hearts content before the season is out.

I'll give you a £1 to 1p if the club sells them and it's a mess people will moan on here. I'll give the same odds everyone will be whinging about Ticketmaster.

People will moan regardless Paul, it's the way on here these days.

Just looked at Villa's website ... http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4566701,00.html

Amazingly they have managed to invent 23 different phases of sale, starting with ST holders of 10+ years who have also been to all FA Cup games this season, followed by ST holders of 5+ years who have been to all FA Cup games this season, down to those who have attended 5 league or cup games this season.

Also, all of their tickets are being sent out by recorded delivery, so even if you wanted to queue around the block at Villa Park you'd only come away with a credit card receipt.

I assume this is also part of the problem for Rovers or Liverpool - in that the physical tickets won't actually get printed until next Thursday, so couldn't be in ticket offices until sometime on Friday.

many many happy queing up overnight

Interestingly, If Liverpool get through they will be selling tickets themselves, not via Ticketmaster.

this is what the club has become, Ben.

moaning about people 'moaning' . Classic.

moaning about people 'moaning' . Classic.

I'm not moaning merely pointing out that's what will happen. The club handled the sale of the replay tickets fairly and efficiently, everyone who wants one has got one, yet most of this thread is one long complaint.

If we have to use Ticketmaster everyone who qualifies will be able to get their tickets quickly and simply. I don't like Ticketmaster but with just one exception I've always been able to get tickets for an event when I've wanted them so the system generally works.

The clubs get 32000 tickets which should be plenty to satisfy demand. The club have eight days to sell and deliver the tickets I think we all know that would be a struggle to organise.

ST holders would get a few days priority meaning others might not be sure of tickets until perhaps the Friday before the game. Imagine the chaos of that situation

Ticketmaster is the obvious solution. Good move Rovers.

We actually have two outlets to buy tickets from. In previous play off semi-finals we have had a similar amount of time before the first leg was played and we coped. If staffing is a problem then they should get extra people in and extend the opening hours of both shops. It smacks to me of the club once again taking the easy option.

Archived