BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Replay tickets

I'm certain we'll see 1 up front for this game with King supporting if he's fit. Would have said Gestede more likely but after today it might be Rhodes. Whoever plays we need a huge slice of luck but you never know.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we play too attacking we'll get murdered. We need to keep it tight like in the Anfield game.

100% correct. Keep it tight, hunt in packs at times when they have the ball in central defence, and try and counter attack with pace.

Liverpool's season could be over in the space of five days. CL qualification now looks unrealistic, as Rodgers had admitted, and the cup remains their only chance.

Lots of pressure building on the Liverpool team and manager over the next few days.

It's a similar situation at Ewood but I wonder if the fact we've been out of contention for weeks helps the side relax in the run up to the game?

Been snooping around the Rovers specific Ticketmaster site and amongst the pages which have "client to add own text here" - ie Rovers haven't amended the templates in most areas - did find an interesting extra.

FA Cup coach ticket - £1.20 per ticket admin fee

Can't recall any news on potential travel arrangements but that suggests it's Ticketmaster as well. Thought that might have been handled by the club at least! Doesn't even really need tickets to be dispatched, just give the caller a coach & seat number, and have a list at each coach of who is on what.

• Moderation Lead

If we can get quick players putting pressure on Kolo Toure we can give ourselves a good chance.

Let's not get carried away though, they're no mugs the scousers, and have plenty of players that can hurt us!!

Moaning over Ticketmaster is valid in my opinion having thought about it.

Would Blackburn Rovers before the takeover had farmed out sales? Would they heck and that says all you need to know really.

It's an easy option with the fans footing the bill.

Derek Shaw should hang his head in shame! A club that has handled its ticket sales for 140 years has now decided it can't manage it. What a cop out!!!

My only concern about Ticketmaster is segregation. Once season tickets holders were sorted (and presumably it won't be one ticket per season ticket holder) then how would Ticketmaster ensure that Villa fans won't be able to purchase tickets in Rovers areas?

Liverpool Echo running a story about our injury crisis, even the local rags worried, clearly!

Well it does not look giod for us does it. I thought conway was huge in the Anfield game. Any chance any of em making the game.

Absolutely - King hunting down Kolo and Sakho in their own half is key for us IMO.

If King is fit he will tear those two a new one. Thinking about it anyone half-decent with just a bit of pace will trouble the currently available Liverpool back line.

We've never had to sell so many tickets in such a short space of time for a game away from Ewood. Get a damn grip. This overreaction is embarrassing.

Overreaction and small minded. So many people seem to revel in kicking the club from every direction at every opportunity.

It took me three hours to get Liverpool tickets by phone and that was on the third day after they went on sale. We had a full month to shift the replay tickets. For a semi there are potentially 8 days to move 32,000 tickets. It wouldn't happen and that fans would justifiably be up in arms. I still remember the furore when Jordan couldn't get a ticket for a match.

It's likely we don't have sufficient phone lines to deal with the volume. There certainly wouldn't be enough experienced staff. 32000 tickets in 8 days. 4000/day is 500 per eight hour day. 65 per hour with a transaction taking perhaps 10 minutes means you need 6 staff working flat with no breaks. I reckon you need to multiply that number by 4 to have a chance of covering the work load.

As for Ticketmaster risking their reputation with the FA and other major sports organisation to tout a few semi tickets for a game that is unlikely to sell out?

Dose of reality is what's needed.

Overreaction and small minded. So many people seem to revel in kicking the club from every direction at every opportunity.

It took me three hours to get Liverpool tickets by phone and that was on the third day after they went on sale. We had a full month to shift the replay tickets. For a semi there are potentially 8 days to move 32,000 tickets. It wouldn't happen and that fans would justifiably be up in arms. I still remember the furore when Jordan couldn't get a ticket for a match.

It's likely we don't have sufficient phone lines to deal with the volume. There certainly wouldn't be enough experienced staff. 32000 tickets in 8 days. 4000/day is 500 per eight hour day. 65 per hour with a transaction taking perhaps 10 minutes means you need 6 staff working flat with no breaks. I reckon you need to multiply that number by 4 to have a chance of covering the work load.

As for Ticketmaster risking their reputation with the FA and other major sports organisation to tout a few semi tickets for a game that is unlikely to sell out?

Dose of reality is what's needed.

I think you have highlighted how badly the club is run these days, it's not long ago btw, that FA Cup replays would take place on the Weds after the

original tie.

All ticket games never seemed to pose too many problems back then.

I think you have highlighted how badly the club is run these days, it's not long ago btw, that FA Cup replays would take place on the Weds after the

original tie.

All ticket games never seemed to pose too many problems back then.

Waiting so long for the replay is pathetic but it was down to daft UEFA rules.

This tie should have been sorted before the international break.

So then it would give 3 weeks to sell tickets for the game then.

Archived