BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Replay tickets

It's either pay £4 to someone who can manage to get them all out on time, or leave the club in charge, who won't charge extra, but nor will they be able to get the tickets out on time.

I know what I'd rather do. I can't believe you're moaning to be honest. Whilst we're at it, why don't the club start giving away match day/ season tickets too. How dare they charge fans for a game of football!

Nonsense. The club is a business, the fans are the clubs customers, they should treat them as such. Not fob them off with "ohh we can't cope" rubbish.

Next time I go to the shop a minute before it shuts and ask for pint of milk I'll make sure I ask the owner to charge me more than the previous customer for the same product as I just love doing that.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moaning over Ticketmaster is valid in my opinion having thought about it.

Would Blackburn Rovers before the takeover had farmed out sales? Would they heck and that says all you need to know really.

It's an easy option with the fans footing the bill.

Yes, which equates to the above overall with the average party being 3. Did I say anybody was forcing anybody to go? No that wasn't said.

The principal of paying more than other clubs fans is the issue, this is something which the club should be made to explain, as in why they think it's justifiable.

As another poster put it, would you rather pay £4 more and guarantee a ticket or pay face value but not be able to get hold of a ticket because the ticket system has crashed..?

Would Blackburn Rovers before the takeover had farmed out sales? Would they heck and that says all you need to know really.

When was the last time we had to shift 30k tickets in a week? As I recall, for the FA Cup semis before, we had to apply by post, they didn't even have the option of paying online.

Not yet though!

Plus, come Weds night it may simply be a stick to nearly beat the club with.

I am minded of the cup final ticket fiasco though...

As another poster put it, would you rather pay £4 more and guarantee a ticket or pay face value but not be able to get hold of a ticket because the ticket system has crashed..?

When was the last time we had to shift 30k tickets in a week? As I recall, for the FA Cup semis before, we had to apply by post, they didn't even have the option of paying online.

We sold 6k tickets in 3 days for the Liverpool away game. We'll not sell 30k, more likely 20k for the semi, should be no problem for a club with a plan and competent people in charge.

Sensible thing would have to put say 10000 on sale at Ewood in the normal way and bung the rest on ticketmaster. If you had the time to queue up you could, or you could choose to go online and pay a fee. Millwall did something similar when they beat us two years ago

I wonder if ticketmaster have been involved in selling blocks of tickets for the replay ? They do seem to have flown out quickly in numbers by our standards. If so we know where a lot of them will end up. Just a thought.

I could be far worse regarding the booking fee though. TM typically charge 10% plus transaction fee for all the events they sell for. £2.40, whilst still mounts up in the cost of the day, isn't that bad compared to whet it could have been. Maybe the club negotiated a reduced fee or even subsidised it to an extent??? Would be surprised but you never know.

The point for me is that Rovers are using Ticketmaster because they can't administer it themselves and as such it is the club who are saving on admin costs etc and so they should be covering the fees. Still, wouldn't stop me from going if we get there, just leaves a nasty taste. More likely to be thwarted by the travel arrangements at that late stage. I might write to the club to ask for the fees back if we do get there, suggest others do likewise.

The real villain is UEFA and its TV deal for Champions League and Europe League games. Without their demand that live domestic games can't be shown on European nights we would have played the replay 9/10 days after the first game and like Villa would have had weeks to sell semi final tickets. Perhaps you should apply to Michel Platini for a refund?

The point for me is that Rovers are using Ticketmaster because they can't administer it themselves and as such it is the club who are saving on admin costs etc and so they should be covering the fees. Still, wouldn't stop me from going if we get there, just leaves a nasty taste. More likely to be thwarted by the travel arrangements at that late stage. I might write to the club to ask for the fees back if we do get there, suggest others do likewise.

Ticketmaster are set to make around £100,000 from the ticket sales. It is unacceptable and another reason to look at the club with sadness.

As for people saying 'what does it matter'... the same is said about closing off sections of the stadium, the same could be said about going to Ewood' it's only a game, why does it matter'. THINGS matter.

Ticketmaster are set to make around £100,000 from the ticket sales. It is unacceptable and another reason to look at the club with sadness.

As for people saying 'what does it matter'... the same is said about closing off sections of the stadium, the same could be said about going to Ewood' it's only a game, why does it matter'. THINGS matter.

Those things don't matter. I don't care how you phrase it, the amount of segregation and the use of ticketmaster should make absolutely no difference to anyone.

I'm concerned. The fact Liverpool are saving themselves for their only chance of success this season (FA Cup) looks ominous.

I think Liverpool are more concerned with the tens of millions of £ they get from the Champions League than the potential of an FA Cup semi against Villa

Got to go with three up top against a back three without skrtel

Easty

Henley

Baptiste

Killa

Olson

Taylor

Evans

Cairney

Rudy

King

Brown

If you're going with three up front, why on earth wouldn't you play Rhodes?

Archived