Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Replay tickets

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Josh king .. One game wonder

But he's got us through the last two rounds

He wasn't great v Swansea but it was his pace that got us playing v 10 men.

No ticket for me yet I was so annoyed after Saturday that I couldn't bring myself to get a ticket on Sunday when money is tight this month as it is so I've missed the claim your seat deadline.

No ticket for me yet I was so annoyed after Saturday that I couldn't bring myself to get a ticket on Sunday when money is tight this month as it is so I've missed the claim your seat deadline.

It might still be available. Get on the blower.

We just have to take this game on its own....if we win pile into the Wembley mode.

If we lose well we do don't we against big teams, and that's our lot nowadays.

Costing me 300 quid minimum but not missing it and who knows. Raise the roof!

I don't think that Liverpool back line is up to much outside of Skrtel. They couldn't handle Rudy in the first leg. Kolo and Lovren are both very average.

8 goals conceded in 12 games in 2015 suggests they aren't as bad defensively as you might think.

I don't think that Liverpool back line is up to much outside of Skrtel. They couldn't handle Rudy in the first leg. Kolo and Lovren are both very average.

They really struggle to handle pace as well when caught with a high line even with Skrtel. We really need King fit for this .

8 goals conceded in 12 games in 2015 suggests they aren't as bad defensively as you might think.

As I keep saying, Skrtel.

King and Gestede up front would cause them problems, but 4-4-2 against a top side like Liverpool would be foolish IMO. I'd be tempted to go 4-5-1 and play King and Marshall out wide of Gestede.

I just went to the town centre and purchased a fair few tickets. There aren't that many left. The jack walker is pretty much full save for top corner at blackburn end side and single seats.

The police are being jobsworths and have closed the sections of jw upper and lower closest to Darwen end, and also the 2 blocks closest to Darwen end in the riverside.

I don't get this and I think it's complete overkill. Why the need to shut 2 blocks in the riverside?! Ridiculous. The game at anfield passed off without incident with opposing fans a few yards apart!

Tickets are continuing to fly out (I'm delighted that my fears of an half empty home section was unfounded)

Looking at the official Twitter feed we are down to the last few thouand, however capacity has been capped at around 27000.

With over two weeks to go, there seems every chance of those tickets being sold, so for THREE AND A HALF THOUSAND seats to be netted off seems a ridiculous measure from Lancs police.

As DB above says, there was none of this at Anfield, but more markedly, I don't see these measures at any of the other grounds in the Lancs Constabulary area- i.e PNE V Man Utd or any of the Dingle's PL matches against high profile opposition.

Obviously for every other match of ours, including Dingle Derbies, this wouldn't be an issue, but if it does 'sell out', with whole blocks of empty seats in the ground, it will be a real shame.

Hopefully the club will get a backbone and negotiate a release of more seats, particulary in the Riverside, the issues v Stoke were congegrated on the JW side as there is much less space between the two stands on that side of the pitch.

I would say 1000/1500 seats as a buffer is plenty, 3500 is excessive.

• Moderation Lead

I'm really not sure what Lancs Police are playing at with reducing the capacity, I'm not keen on Liverpool FC at all, but I don't ever recall it booting off with their fans, I suppose even if it did it would be our fault.....

That being said, I'm amazed tickets have sold as well as they have, it's a great effort from our fans as it goes. Hopefully the place will be loud and proud throughout and we send the victims home with nothing.

COYB.

Tickets are continuing to fly out (I'm delighted that my fears of an half empty home section was unfounded)

Looking at the official Twitter feed we are down to the last few thouand, however capacity has been capped at around 27000.

With over two weeks to go, there seems every chance of those tickets being sold, so for THREE AND A HALF THOUSAND seats to be netted off seems a ridiculous measure from Lancs police.

As DB above says, there was none of this at Anfield, but more markedly, I don't see these measures at any of the other grounds in the Lancs Constabulary area- i.e PNE V Man Utd or any of the Dingle's PL matches against high profile opposition.

Obviously for every other match of ours, including Dingle Derbies, this wouldn't be an issue, but if it does 'sell out', with whole blocks of empty seats in the ground, it will be a real shame.

Hopefully the club will get a backbone and negotiate a release of more seats, particulary in the Riverside, the issues v Stoke were congegrated on the JW side as there is much less space between the two stands on that side of the pitch.

I would say 1000/1500 seats as a buffer is plenty, 3500 is excessive.

Maybe it's my age, but I don't remember any of our PL matches suffering the same restrictions, and indeed I think our best ever attendance of over 30,000 in the new stadium was against Liverpool.

Seems barmy to me - has there been any official police announcement?

I can just hear the phone calls to the Venky's, " It's a sell-out, the fans are right behind us "

Of course it's a lot easier to sell-out, when circa 4,000 seats are unavailable

I do wonder if the Police have anything to do with these closed areas ?

As it's never happened before against the scousers.

Maybe it's my age, but I don't remember any of our PL matches suffering the same restrictions, and indeed I think our best ever attendance of over 30,000 in the new stadium was against Liverpool.

Seems barmy to me - has there been any official police announcement?

It begged belief that the club agree to it, oh then again wait a minute.....

burnley at home was the first time after the handbags the season before. Never been any significant trouble with Liverpool so it's a silly decision that could potentially see fans locked out.

Lancs police will have it this way for all the derbies next season, they've already wrangled it for the Bolton game so that'll continue. Burnley, PNE the same plus Leeds and probably Sunderland will get all the end.

Still find it bizarre that we still argue fans have a legitimate reason or right to boycott, yet this reason is waived for games against big teams.

Come on jbizzle.

After all the crap that the fans have been through in the past 5yrs they deserve 90 minutes of football against Liverpool.

Come on jbizzle.

After all the crap that the fans have been through in the past 5yrs they deserve 90 minutes of football against Liverpool.

Thousands of them haven't turned up since relegation though citing Venkys as their boycott yet plenty will be back for this one off. They deserve fook all in my humble opinion. The rest of us yes, maybe the capacity should have been cut to 13k in the home areas :huh:

Thousands of them haven't turned up since relegation though citing Venkys as their boycott yet plenty will be back for this one off. They deserve fook all in my humble opinion. The rest of us yes, maybe the capacity should have been cut to 13k in the home areas :huh:

Do I detect the smell of burning martyr

Lancs police will have it this way for all the derbies next season, they've already wrangled it for the Bolton game so that'll continue. Burnley, PNE the same plus Leeds and probably Sunderland will get all the end.

We must be the only club in the country that has segregation on this scale.

PNE v Man U didn't see any, same police force.

Archived