BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Only took 30 mins for it to be at 2-1. Was 2-0 (J. Edmondson and O'Grady-Macken) until Clinton Mola decided to show why he doesn't get in the first team and scored an OG. Not that I know it was really his fault tbf, I'm not watching.

Third goal by Ethan Walker, that's 3 games running he has scored, I believe.

The lads have had 5 shots, all on target, and 3 goals. That's good going. Shame this isn't a league match, we could do with the points (assuming we don't fuck it up from here).

On 09/03/2023 at 16:39, Exiled_Rover said:

Genuinely think we should always play in red socks.

Of course I'm one that hates our current kits because they're not properly halved (or quartered, I guess) - and one that's disappointed that we've never capitalised on our brand by having halved (again, quartered) away kits every year. 

Agree with everything except the red socks. 

Just ewwww.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Screenshot2023-03-1218_39_46.thumb.png.6ebaa405b675021096a5b2ce0ebc1c23.png

Surprised to see Reading in 7th and above us. They're not in the PL2 side, they're not a Cat 1 academy, and I stand to be corrected but I shouldn't think they've got anywhere near as many academy products in their first team as we do. Have they raised some players into big money sales recently or something?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Surprised to see Reading in 7th and above us. They're not in the PL2 side, they're not a Cat 1 academy, and I stand to be corrected but I shouldn't think they've got anywhere near as many academy products in their first team as we do. Have they raised some players into big money sales recently or something?

Yes i was surprised at that but think i read somewhere a while back they have quite a few in other championship teams or similar who came through there.

There can't be anyone with more home produced lads in their first team squad with mins on the pitch in that list than us ?

Edited by tomphil

Reading aside, the academies of the others are a ‘nice to have’. An operation in using their financial muscle to scoop up armies of young lads and then loaning them out for years on end, often for nice fees. They unearth a gem or two, it’s a bonus.

Here, the academy is now absolutely vital to our whole existence as a competitive club, and something (one of the few things left at this diminished club) to be very proud of.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, tomphil said:

Yes i was surprised at that but think i read somewhere a while back they have quite a few in other championship teams or similar who came through there.

There can't be anyone with more home produced lads in their first team squad with mins on the pitch in that list than us ?

Dominic Hyam is one of them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

According to the media Lee Carsley is set to leave his role coaching the England team. His replacement is likely to be  - Steve Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Scott Parker. 
it’s great work if you can get it.

We'll be up Shite Creek, internationally, especially if they appoint the last of those three.

Markanday showing what others could see

The calls to have him in the squad were premature. Does a few fancy flicks here and there, couple of stepovers, but has largely been anonymous

Which is a shame as I was as excited as anybody when we signed him. £1m, Spurs wanted to keep him, banging them in at youth level. But not everything works out

Hopefully he matures more next season and we get some return on him