BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Myers & Shaw

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've no idea and not prying as to what's wrong with him but if he is not fulfilling his duties they need cover at such an important job . I would be an excellent communicateer ! There would be no silence from me .

I've no idea and not prying as to what's wrong with him but if he is not fulfilling his duties they need cover at such an important job . I would be an excellent communicateer ! There would be no silence from me .

It is a difficult situation as he has some health issues, the club helping to support him through this period.

Fair do's Kamy and like I said I am not prying .

But surely some of the board should be putting some sort of communications out. Are they actually scared of upsetting the owners ? Everyone is on easy street apart from the fans and even some of them are happy at what has been done and is happening .

Serious question do the owners actually believe the brainwashing propaganda that gets passed thru the media to them ? Are they really that naiive that they can't do basic sums and work out that we are behind the promotion 8 ball? Are they really that incompetent ?

but Shaw just runs the club for the owners. he isn't going to do anything that put his job in danger.

on Myers, sorry to hear about the health issues.

Abbey, can I ask you what kind of communication are you after and on what topics about please? (serious question)

They are being constantly fed the line that fans are happy with the ownership now and the direction that the club is heading in. This is coming from everyone at the club who has direct communication with the owners. There are a few of us who have over the last 6 months who have told them that this is not the case and that fans are not happy with the way that the club is being run.

The fact of the matter is that Gary has the support of Mrs Desai, he is working to her orders in terms of bringing costs down and developing the players that we have at the club, she is delighted at the success of signings such as Cairney, Marshall and Gestede. All of whom will be sold for a profit, in Rudy's case for a huge profit. This is a model that she can work with, as previous to this all the other managers have ended up costing her a lot of money. Gary will generate a profit. So I cannot see her sanctioning a sacking.

My personal feeling is that they will look at what happens next season and if we are not mounting a promotion push come Christmas they will start the process of looking to sell the club by May 2016, they have committed to fund the club until then.

• Backroom

The above makes me wonder what damage Gary is doing to the club.

He was great initially but now I guess (stress that word) he is just saying whatever it takes to keep his job, if so the integrity we heard about is down the drain.

They are being constantly fed the line that fans are happy with the ownership now and the direction that the club is heading in. This is coming from everyone at the club who has direct communication with the owners. There are a few of us who have over the last 6 months who have told them that this is not the case and that fans are not happy with the way that the club is being run.

The fact of the matter is that Gary has the support of Mrs Desai, he is working to her orders in terms of bringing costs down and developing the players that we have at the club, she is delighted at the success of signings such as Cairney, Marshall and Gestede. All of whom will be sold for a profit, in Rudy's case for a huge profit. This is a model that she can work with, as previous to this all the other managers have ended up costing her a lot of money. Gary will generate a profit. So I cannot see her sanctioning a sacking.

My personal feeling is that they will look at what happens next season and if we are not mounting a promotion push come Christmas they will start the process of looking to sell the club by May 2016, they have committed to fund the club until then.

Roll on May 16 then.

Do you know what level of funding that will be Kamy? It seems almost contradictory when we may be looking to groom players to bring in a profit that they may look to sell the club by May 2016. It scares me as to what might be left by then and if this is true then they are clearly looking to recoup as much of their outlay as then can and then won't give a stuff about Rovers then. Oblivion here we come.

I infer from that that the only thing that would change things is fan protests. Not boycotts but banners and chants.

Some problems with that...

- No-one's watching and no-one cares.

- There aren't enough fans left.

- Those who are are in three camps: the "Boring Boring Bore-yer" camp; the "sit down d'head" camp; and the "I just don't care any more" camp. The latter group is growing every week and will turn into the "I don't go any more camp".

- Bowyer, on the face of it; hasn't done much wrong, apart from not being up to the task. He's not hated by anyone, there is no anger, only frustration. That doesn't lend itself to action groups or yellow t-shirts. His public image is one of calm and patience, although dull and uninspiring. There was no support for us when Kean was killing the club, there will be none for us for 'chucking stones at the fire engine' - which is how it would be perceived.

We are simply going to lose thousands more fans next season. Apart from the hardcore, no-one wants to watch as we become a feeder club for top end Championship clubs. Surely no club should ever lose it's ambition? How can it expect to have fans, let alone supporters?

But it goes back to the thread . The silence is deafening .

Taking it on a bit . It appears they still believe any chicken @#/? that the bungled buffoons feed them .

How much importance do they put on the club compared to their other business interests and are do they actually see pictures of a 2/3 empty Ewood ?

Looking at this another way, we all know that once Mrs. D takes a shine to the manager she'll back him to the hilt regardless of actual performance. If Shaw tries to rock the boat, then it could very well be his head on the block. That's a problem when you essentially have a puppet board and a manager who can bypass them entirely. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Would any of us needlessly jeopardize a lucrative position, especially at that time of life?

If I was in Shaws position I can hand on heart never ever work a high ranking job at rovers or Blackpool A true nobber would not work for arch rivals and I can say I would never work for PNE or burnley . No amount of blood money could change my mind .

Archived