BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reading v Blackburn Rovers - 11th April 2015 3pm KO

Rudy was doing nothing in cardiffs reserves and will go for big money this summer.. Everyone wanted 'rubbish Ollson' gone but he's been a revelation. Henley was seen as too weak and yet he's been excellent since getting his fitness back. Raya was brought in by the current set-up and is already attracting attnetion from Prem teams. Killa and Baptiste have been excellent this season. Eastwood was pilloried on here after his signing from Pompey and yet he's been excellent everytime he's played. If you're not willing to give any credit because you don't like Bowyer then that's your call but at least stick to the facts.

Very good points there

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better defensively the last few weeks.

Gestede form this season has been excellent. He has develop that player very well. Was a real bargain for 500k or less.

His signings on the all have been good IMO.

For me this summer, we need to add pace to the squad and Bowyer needs to develop what style of play he wants to play next season. Plus make a few good signings[/quote

]

I'd agree with Gestede and the defence, But these are likely to be temporary and meaningless within weeks or months. Gestede will be off in the summer.

The defence_ is something GB has stumbled upon, otherwise he'dve solved the issue a lot sooner.

Fact is, Bowyer has failed and will continue to do so.

I have nothing to cling to.

I thank you for at least trying.

Maybe because there is the U'21 final on Monday which O'Sullivan might play in. Same with Lenihan.

Blimey, if we're resting players so they can play in a Mickey Mouse tin pot trophy we really are struggling. Still, I'd expect it'll be a major part of his end of season pitch to Madame should we win it.

He could probably pass it off as a major trophy and she'd be none the wiser.

Rudy was doing nothing in cardiffs reserves and will go for big money this summer.. Everyone wanted 'rubbish Ollson' gone but he's been a revelation. Henley was seen as too weak and yet he's been excellent since getting his fitness back. Raya was brought in by the current set-up and is already attracting attnetion from Prem teams. Killa and Baptiste have been excellent this season. Eastwood was pilloried on here after his signing from Pompey and yet he's been excellent everytime he's played. If you're not willing to give any credit because you don't like Bowyer then that's your call but at least stick to the facts.

Raya has been attracting attention from Prem teams? Show me the proof of this or follow your own advice and stick to the facts.

Rudy was a good signing but suggestions he is in great form at the moment are far from the truth. It's why neither him nor Rhodes are leading the way in the league scoring tables. Killa has been much improved on Hanley, yet he also started poorly and was left out for most of the season. Baptiste has been largely consistent but I wouldn't say excellent. Look at our defensive record and tell me how any of them have really done "excellent" except Olsson, who has been great. Henley has had a good run of games after being omitted and chopped about for most of the season. Great that Eastwood has performed exceptionally, but only in a few games as Bowyer has stuck with the largely inconsistent Steele as opposed to Eastwood.

Players mostly out of form: Steele, does ok but nothing great for the most part. Hanley, under pressure as captain and been terrible. Spurr, no sign of form since return but we'll blame a lack of fitness. Willo, inconsistent but mostly does nothing. Evans, one of our worst players this season. Marshall, inconsistent at best. Conway, inconsistent at best but mostly poor this season. Spearing, mostly poor. King, great cup performances but inconsistent. Taylor, inconsistent. Dunn, where? Brown, poor. Rhodes, poor by his standards.

We look poor as a team. I'm not interested in us making a profit on players, I'm more interested in how we perform as a team in the Championship.

Today was another example of Bowyer being unable to bring out an adequate performance from the players as a collective.

EDIT: this was forgetting Varney, Songo'o and all the other wasted signings we've made. Also forgetting Duffy who was frozen out before injury. And the Robbo situation. Oh and I forgot Cairney who has been v.average.

Blimey, if we're resting players so they can play in a Mickey Mouse tin pot trophy we really are struggling. Still, I'd expect it'll be a major part of his end of season pitch to Madame should we win it.

He could probably pass it off as a major trophy and she'd be none the wiser.

it's not a mickey-mouse cup to those playing in it, especially as the 2ng leg is live on Sky. it will be a big deal to some of those lads and will probably be the biggest game some of them ever play in and one they've worked for all season.

• Backroom

it's not a mickey-mouse cup to those playing in it, especially as the 2ng leg is live on Sky. it will be a big deal to some of those lads and will probably be the biggest game some of them ever play in and one they've worked for all season.

Has he featured in it this season for us?

I'd bet a few would prefer 5 or so championship games, to catch the eye and try to guarantee a career.

After all, breaking into the first team is surely what they strive for and dream of?

And that's as a minimum.

Raya has been attracting attention from Prem teams? Show me the proof of this or follow your own advice and stick to the facts.

Rudy was a good signing but suggestions he is in great form at the moment are far from the truth. It's why neither him nor Rhodes are leading the way in the league scoring tables. Killa has been much improved on Hanley, yet he also started poorly and was left out for most of the season. Baptiste has been largely consistent but I wouldn't say excellent. Look at our defensive record and tell me how any of them have really done "excellent" except Olsson, who has been great. Henley has had a good run of games after being omitted and chopped about for most of the season. Great that Eastwood has performed exceptionally, but only in a few games as Bowyer has stuck with the largely inconsistent Steele as opposed to Eastwood.

Players mostly out of form: Steele, does ok but nothing great for the most part. Hanley, under pressure as captain and been terrible. Spurr, no sign of form since return but we'll blame a lack of fitness. Willo, inconsistent but mostly does nothing. Evans, one of our worst players this season. Marshall, inconsistent at best. Conway, inconsistent at best but mostly poor this season. Spearing, mostly poor. King, great cup performances but inconsistent. Taylor, inconsistent. Dunn, where? Brown, poor. Rhodes, poor by his standards.

We look poor as a team. I'm not interested in us making a profit on players, I'm more interested in how we perform as a team in the Championship.

Today was another example of Bowyer being unable to bring out an adequate performance from the players as a collective.

so just Hanley and Evans then really, both of which i agree with. None of the rest have been awful. Every fan of every club in the country could single out players that haven't performed, we aren't unique in that.

We have looked poor as a team on some occasions but a lot better than the 14 teams below us. But then i bet the majority of their fans aren't as entitled as ours. Times change, the club has been destroyed both financially and as regards infrastructure. Bowyer is picking up the pieces, he isn't a great manager by any stretch. he might turn out to be a good one but he's certainly done a decent job so far. The team is committed and that's great to see. Credit Bowyer for that. I bet Wigan and Fulham fans would love him, teams that came down at similair times to us.

Rudy was a good signing but suggestions he is in great form at the moment are far from the truth. It's why neither him nor Rhodes are leading the way in the league scoring tables.

Rhodes has 17 goals and Gestede 14 goals this season.

Murphy from Ipswich is top goalscorer with 23. Ipswich arent in top 6 either.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers

I'd bet a few would prefer 5 or so championship games.

After all, breaking into the first team is surely what they strive for and dream of?

And that's as a minimum.

who's to say they won't? Just because they didn't get a game at Reading won't determine their careers. Why the hoo-haa? The season's been over for months according to some so surely O'Sully and Lenihan can wait a few more games. Maybe they dream more at this moment of winning a cup in front of the cameras with the lads they came through the ranks with. They've plenty of time to make an impact at senior level. It's then up to them to perform.

so just Hanley and Evans then really, both of which i agree with. None of the rest have been awful. Every fan of every club in the country could single out players that haven't performed, we aren't unique in that.

We have looked poor as a team on some occasions but a lot better than the 14 teams below us. But then i bet the majority of their fans aren't as entitled as ours. Times change, the club has been destroyed both financially and as regards infrastructure. Bowyer is picking up the pieces, he isn't a great manager by any stretch. he might turn out to be a good one but he's certainly done a decent job so far. The team is committed and that's great to see. Credit Bowyer for that. I bet Wigan and Fulham fans would love him, teams that came down at similair times to us.

My argument is the squad doesn't perform well as a team. It's all well and good saying we're entitled and that it could be worse, I agree in some respects, but I still believe we should be doing better as a team. I think the lack of improvement this season has shown GB can't make the most of a settled s quad that is supposedly committed and playing for him.

There is nothing to suggest it will get any better next season but quite a few signs it could get a lot worse.

Fair enough you have your opinion and it will likely take further regression to change your mind but personally I'd like to see a change. Not because I'm an entitled fan that believes we should be in the Premier League, but because I'm sick of the horrid football, the lack of tactics, the poor results, the pressers, the lot. I just don't enjoy watching Rovers any more (bar Liverpool games) and I've found it harder to stomach now that I feel we actually have a decent enough squad (credit to GB) to push on but they just aren't performing well enough.

who's to say they won't? Just because they didn't get a game at Reading won't determine their careers. Why the hoo-haa? The season's been over for months according to some so surely O'Sully and Lenihan can wait a few more games. Maybe they dream more at this moment of winning a cup in front of the cameras with the lads they came through the ranks with. They've plenty of time to make an impact at senior level. It's then up to them to perform.

There are numerous examples of youngsters playing regularly at championship level.

I've seen nothing to say we'll ever see them play a meaningful match in the 1st team.

And that's my point.

Look at Oconnell, he obviously saw GB'S reluctance.

Where did starring in a few finals get him, in his rovers career.

Rhodes has 17 goals and Gestede 14 goals this season.

Murphy from Ipswich is top goalscorer with 23. Ipswich arent in top 6 either.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers

Well, they aren't leading the pack are they? Look at our other top scorers behind those two. Ipswich can realistically make the top 6 though Chaddy and as of this second they are in the top 6 - check the table. Plus they have an inferior squad to us, just a better manager.

• Backroom

Not sure Tom as both him and Lenihan have been out on loan but i'm pretty sure they're both eligible. I'm fully prepared to be proved wrong ;)

I've no idea either I presumed not and would be disappointing if he got into the final team ahead of players that got them there

Proof that you know naff all about football. Let's rest players for a keany little under 21 tournament. Bloody hell.

Now now don't be rude.

We'll see on Monday. If they play i was right or do you expect them to play 2 games in 48 hours. Also if the seasons over (and it is) then playing them in the cup final makes sense. The u'21 manager may have also requested they don't play at Reading and the only reason they were on the bench is because we don't have anyone else cos they're all injured..I'm sure there's a lot more to it then a few gobshytes shouting on the internet .

There are numerous examples of youngsters playing regularly at championship level.

I've seen nothing to say we'll ever see them play a meaningful match in the 1st team.

And that's my point.

Look at Oconnell, he obviously saw GB'S reluctance.

Where did starring in a few finals get him, in his rovers career.

Raya played at Leeds last week. I'm sure Lenihans and O'Sully's time will come.

Archived