BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reading v Blackburn Rovers - 11th April 2015 3pm KO

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only one fit senior centre half for tomorrow in Killa according to the official site. Will GB blood the youth in Lenihan? More likely that Spurr will come in IMO.

Just what is going on at Brockhall? No other club in the league has injury problems like us.

Reminds me of Souness's dying days, when there was God knows how many unfit players.. Apparently all they did was play 5 a-side, which makes you think if something similar is happening now.

Looking at the fitness perspective as a whole though, I think the team looks very slow for the majority of games they play in. Even when they get the ball, general movement on/off the ball is far too slow, to say we try and play on the break.

Fair play to all those going tomorrow. Hopefully the team rewards your commitment!

My team would be for this game considering the injuries would be:-

Raya; Henley, Lenihan, Kilgallon, Spurr; Spearing, Evans; Marshall, O'Sullivan, P.Taylor; Rhodes

Subs:- Steele, Nyambe, Olsson, Cairney, Conway, Gestede, Mahoney.

dont think you are far wrong there chaddy , maybe Steele will come in for Raya

Championship Trivia Quiz

(All data from whoscored.com)

1. Which 2 Rovers are rated in the top 10 Championship players?
2. Jordan ended his first season with us as the 2nd highest ranking player in the Championship. Where does he stand now?
3. Daryl Murphy (Ipswich) rates 6th in the list of players with the poorest touch. Nonetheless, he has scored 38% of his team’s goals! Who comes next in the ratings with 31% of his team’s goals?
4. The average rating of Rovers players is 7.08. How many teams have a higher average rating than this?
5. All this data is about “passes per game” in a typical Rovers game. Match the numbers to the categories.

Numbers: 23, 1, 82, 323
Categories: short passes, long balls, crosses, through balls.

6. Rovers have won 2 penalties all season. How many have Bournemouth won?
7. Where do we stand in the “Form Table” (last 6 games)?
8. Which 2 Rovers have each supplied 3 assists to Rudi so far?
9. Of our regular starters (at least 10 games), our 3 worst players are all rated very similarly. Interestingly, they all ply their trade in the same part of the field! Who are they?
10. In the overall Championship ratings, which Rover ranks equal 3rd with SIX Man of the Match awards?

Answers
1. 6th RG (7.47) and 10th SD (7.41), 2. 167th, 3. Rhodes, 4. 5, 5. SP 323, LB 82, C23, TB 1, 6. 11. 7. 4th, 8. BM and CC, 9. 265th CE (6.69), RT and LW both (6.67), 10. BM

Shocking stuff just give them a chance ffs Bowyer the season is over

I don't suppose he's going to do that whilst there's still a mathematical chance of reaching the playoffs. If he chucked some kids in now no doubt there would be a good few criticising him for that as well.

• Backroom

I don't suppose he's going to do that whilst there's still a mathematical chance of reaching the playoffs. If he chucked some kids in now no doubt there would be a good few criticising him for that as well.

Couldn't care less to be honest just can't wait till the dullard is gone

Let him prove me wrong and get us up this season but it's not likely is it

Whats the chance of the Yak coming on and scoring.

Saturday Morning phone call to Pune:

GB :Yes Mrs Madame me and Degsy are still working wonders here he bought some new chairs last week, plenty of youth coming through that will be worth millions , just keep our contracts rolling and you will reap the rewards:

Mrs D: But Gaz when are we going to see these prize chicklets, Ive seen the team sheet for today :

Shelfy joins the conversation by making static noises

GB: sorry Madame , bad line, bye :)

Couldn't care less to be honest just can't wait till the dullard is gone

Let him prove me wrong and get us up this season but it's not likely is it

Not likely at all.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for him to have gone.

I was going to go as I was sure Bowyer would lighten up and play some youngsters. Am I glad I didn't now. For any doubters that starting eleven tells you everything about the cautious approach which has cost us this season and last.

I was going to go as I was sure Bowyer would lighten up and play some youngsters. Am I glad I didn't now. For any doubters that starting eleven tells you everything about the cautious approach which has cost us this season and last.

and will cost us next season if this clown remains in charge.

• Backroom

Not likely at all.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for him to have gone.

Nope he's in the Kean mold of here as long as he wants to be unfortunately

tbf it's not a bad line up considering the walking wounded list, Gaz must still think he has a chance of the play offs or Mrs D is demanding an improved position to last season

• Backroom

We are still mathematically not out of the promotion places...

...Madame.

I know it seems like an over reaction and I fully expect us to win today but sick of his slow and steady wins the race approach as although we are still running a race we never ever look like winning it!

Archived