BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reading v Blackburn Rovers - 11th April 2015 3pm KO

My sympathies,although I don't know whether to praise your loyalty or question your sanity, Sam. :)

Maybe you and Parson should get together discuss what you saw.

He says the game was indifferent and seems more than happy that we didnt blood any youngsters, got another clean sheet and this away point really means something.

I'd have rather we tried to win, blooded some youngsters and lost. What does grinding a 0-0 gain us at this stage? I'd rather at least be convinced that we will have some hope for next season, but this confirms the opposite.

I found myself questioning my sanity - most of the away end was completely disengaged with the game. No shots on target, no attacks of note, just nothing. If the kids aren't worth playing today then they aren't worth playing at all.

Soul destroying stuff. Was so close to going to Birmingham but I am thanking my lucky stars I made other plans. 0-0 makes the game sound better than it was :mellow:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's been woeful recently, looks like he's got both eyes on his summer drinking in Vegas

Both eyes on the KFC. Again, another talented player simply not performing to the levels possible. The manager cannot drive the likes of him and cairney to keep their levels up. I've seen visible disrespect from both towards GB instructions during the course of this season and this holiday camp has to end. Bowyer simply must be relieved of his duties at the end of the season.

I'd have rather we tried to win, blooded some youngsters and lost. What does grinding a 0-0 gain us at this stage? I'd rather at least be convinced that we will have some hope for next season, but this confirms the opposite.

I found myself questioning my sanity - most of the away end was completely disengaged with the game. No shots on target, no attacks of note, just nothing. If the kids aren't worth playing today then they aren't worth playing at all.

Soul destroying stuff. Was so close to going to Birmingham but I am thanking my lucky stars I made other plans. 0-0 makes the game sound better than it was :mellow:

A great insight and adds more desolation.

I had the luxury of listening to radio lancs.

Garner was suitably unimpressed by our slow passing,whilst Andy Bayes was so bored he score checked every goal scored around the country.

Dead rubbers between southern lge 2 teams and everything.

A great insight and adds more desolation.

I had the luxury of listening to radio lancs.

Garner was suitably unimpressed by our slow passing,whilst Andy Bayes was so bored he score checked every goal scored around the country.

Dead rubbers between southern lge 2 teams and everything.

Chris Sutton, Hoyland, Garner, Gallagher and a host of other pundits in many away games this season have gone on and on about the same thing. Too deep, too slow, don't press, don't move, too much space inbetween strikers midfield allowing other side to dictate. It's not about today but it just highlights the core style of football we always go back to after the odd flurry and a few decent results is @#/? poor.

Rainbows and Unicorns. If we lost 10-0 and a tsunami wiped out the country the twunt would see a positive

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/12884702.Bowyer_praises_Blackburn_Rovers_resilience_in_Reading_draw/?ref=mac

Staggering. Reminiscent of K###. Only interested in broadcasting to the loons, to cover his own arse.

Staggering. Reminiscent of K###. Only interested in broadcasting to the loons, to cover his own arse.

I don't buy that CoB.

What do you want Bowyer to say?

"we're not good enough, the 500 that travelled are mugs, season over"!

He's saying the right things, backing his players and I don't think he's playing to the owners at all.

His job seems safe, no need to cosy up to the idiots in Pune.

must be a good film if you can post on here.Id go mad if you were sat near me on your phone

couldn't agree with you more there!

also I find it a little odd how much the chad meister has been discussing todays game when in the past he's criticised me and many others for commenting on games that we didn't see in person. but hey ho....

I don't buy that CoB.

What do you want Bowyer to say?

"we're not good enough, the 500 that travelled are mugs, season over"!

He's saying the right things, backing his players and I don't think he's playing to the owners at all.

His job seems safe, no need to cosy up to the idiots in Pune.

I'd appreciate some humility and honesty from GB.

Many fans can see he's spinning every positive he can.

If he's simply broadcasting to the supporters, I'd suggest he rethinks how he does so,because most of the time the deflections are so extreme, they insult and irritate.

If GB truly believes in what he's saying, i'm even more worried.

Better defensively the last few weeks.

Gestede form this season has been excellent. He has develop that player very well. Was a real bargain for 500k or less.

The form of Olsson this season. My player of the season. Plus recently the form of Henley as been outstanding.

His signings on the all have been good IMO.

For me this summer, we need to add pace to the squad and Bowyer needs to develop what style of play he wants to play next season. Plus make a few good signings

Surely after 2 and a half years in charge, he has to have go them playing the way he wants? You only have to look at the way the midfield operates to see that it's exactly how Bowyer wants them to play... Sideways passing, wingers cutting in all the time, and applying absolutely no pressure.

I'd appreciate some humility and honesty from GB.

Many fans can see he's spinning every positive he can.

If he's simply broadcasting to the supporters, I'd suggest he rethinks how he does so,because most of the time the deflections are so extreme, they insult and irritate.

If GB truly believes in what he's saying, i'm even more worried.

I couldn't agree more. It infuriates me when he comes out all chirpy, after we've put in an absolutely tragic performance!

My sympathies,although I don't know whether to praise your loyalty or question your sanity, Sam. :)

Maybe you and Parson should get together discuss what you saw.

He says the game was indifferent and seems more than happy that we didnt blood any youngsters, got another clean sheet and this away point really means something.

It is the 1st leg of the U21 Final on Monday

I prefer Marshall on the right wing and let him get crosses into the box.

Only one position for Marshall he needs to be left back.

No, Shaun, it's when Rovers supporters will be continuing the support the club you've given up on. Give them a go next season and try getting behind the team, you clearly still are a Rover at heart or you wouldn't be on here.

Fifth columnist now. There's lots of em about these days.

Fifth columnist now. There's lots of em about these days.

Whatever Shaun, me or you do makes little difference Gord. The real harm being done is when the youngsters around the area go back to supporting the ManU and Liverpools again, rather than supporting Rovers. They're the ones who will dictate our support for the coming decades. Once they're gone to the bigger clubs - which is where they'll be going now, at this very moment, we'll never get them down to Ewood.

So don't turn your sights on the fans, turn them onto the idiots who don't appreciate how important it is to get the right people in top positions - and actually focus on results, being positive in everything they do and being the best they can, rather than making the odd profit on a whole range of other clubs cast offs.

Whatever Shaun, me or you do makes little difference Gord. The real harm being done is when the youngsters around the area go back to supporting the ManU and Liverpools again, rather than supporting Rovers. They're the ones who will dictate our support for the coming decades. Once they're gone to the bigger clubs - which is where they'll be going now, at this very moment, we'll never get them down to Ewood.

den you and I and a few others warned what would happen (frequently to much ridicule) when the venky's took over 4 years ago. It became inevitable once Allardyce, Williams, Finn, Goodman etc were elbowed out by Anderson and Kean. We've seen this kind of demise before in the late 60's and 70's and we knew that our Premier League status was both priceless and precious for our club and that relegation and the drying up of Prem income would be inevitably followed by an exodus of players, further relegations and insolvency once the indians had realised the depth of their mistakes and baled out. As far as kids supporting big clubs they've been doing that since Hughes left at least. Kids are so influenced by press and media propaganda that even a bottom half Premier League club isn't good enough for them these days.

Without a sugar daddy (a breed now virtually rendered extinct by FFP even if we could find one) the club simply isn't viable in the top divisions. As far as I can see without a rule change we have a choice of plodding around the basement divisons in front of 4/5000, merger or extinction.

No amount of crying over spilt milk will make any difference, just remember what we've had (which tbh we had no right to have) and try to enjoy what we've got.... whilst you can.

Archived