BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reading v Blackburn Rovers - 11th April 2015 3pm KO

I've no idea either I presumed not and would be disappointing if he got into the final team ahead of players that got them there

I've no idea either I presumed not and would be disappointing if he got into the final team ahead of players that got them there

Just checked and O'Sullivan was captain in the QF's but didn't play in the semi's as he was at Barnsley.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raya played at Leeds last week. I'm sure Lenihans and O'Sully's time will come.

Thats my point, Raya shouldve played today. The reasons why he played last week were well documented, as simply preservation. GB himself admitted as much.

What makes you say: their chances are coming?

What positives can you see, with GB at the helm.

Specifically, the skills and expertise he brings in his role as manager, now and in the future.

Just checked and O'Sullivan was captain in the QF's but didn't play in the semi's as he was at Barnsley.

That, by your previous logic,was to his detriment. Ie the youth cup being all important.

It says a lot about the game when Rovers fans were more interested in the Reading Full Kit W**ker than events on the pitch.

I said to the Mrs at one point in the first half that all you could hear was the best part of 20k people engaging in small talk between themselves and not watching the game. Quite apt for the quality of football on offer

Tell you what, ive never done this before but before halftime i stopped listening and went to buy parts for my garden tractor. It seemed more interesting to do that than keep listening. My respect, my utmost respect to you Rovers fans that still pay and trap week in week out. I love this club always have always will but we need to re ignite a fire somewhere in the club it just all seems so, well so so so. Maybe next season eh?

We'll see on Monday. If they play i was right or do you expect them to play 2 games in 48 hours. Also if the seasons over (and it is) then playing them in the cup final makes sense. The u'21 manager may have also requested they don't play at Reading and the only reason they were on the bench is because we don't have anyone else cos they're all injured..I'm sure there's a lot more to it then a few gobshytes shouting on the internet .

Then why don't the club keep the fans informed of what exactly is going on with the players. Why don't they keep us up to date with players who are injured, have niggles, have personal(e.g.family) problems, are ill or at least not well enough to play.

Maybe if they did there would be less speculation and in-fighting on this board.

It was absolute dross. If this is what stability looks like, I want no part of it.

I don't know if it's even worth giving a match report. Just more of the same from Groundhog Gaz. It makes a mockery of all those who think he's actually learning from his mistakes. If anyone has any clue what our gameplan was today, answers on a postcard please. From what I could make out, it was switch it from one side to the other, run out of ideas, hoof it up to Brown. Rinse repeat. There was no sense of urgency in our play. We have two pacey full-backs in Henley & Olsson and both of them seem unwilling or incapable of bombing forward. Cairney & Marshall were both dreadful. How much of this was down to individual performance or Bowyer's tactics, I'm not sure. Why oh why does he persist with this inverted wingers system? It's no wonder we created sod all when our two wide-men (who aren't traditional wingers) tend to cut inside onto their favoured feet. It breaks moves down and slows play to a halt.

Kilgallon & Spurr were resolute at the back but don't ask either of them to bring the ball out of defence. Williamson did a job protecting the back four but him and Spearing are so one-paced it's untrue. Chris Brown makes Kuqi look like Christian Vieri, and Rhodes was chasing shadows. In truth, both of them were starved of any real service. Some of the fans behind me were getting quite vitriolic about our Jordan and his lack of contribution towards the end of the game.

Good to see Bowyer didn't miss a beat and made his token 60-odd minute sub. One measly substitute for 90 minutes of that garbage? I honestly don't know if any of the young lads would've made a difference but it couldn't have got any worse! I would've hauled the ineffectual Marshall off at half-time for O'Sullivan.

A quicky and breakfast, eh?

Had a nice breakfast and can report that Kaleigh's Baps are moving in the next few weeks!

Into the vacated BRFC in the community premises across the road (they are in the process of being refurbished)

Is that the one you were going on about that rovers had let go to rack and ruin?

The very same place, the existing café is being knocked down with new houses being built in its place

Typical end of season game with both sides clearly stretched in terms of players. Reading had one eye on Wembley with the Yak on the bench whilst it was clear a number of the Rovers were struggling with injuries. Eastwood, Kilgallon and Williamson were the pick of a Rovers team which improved after half time. Sensibly didn't involve the likes of O'Sullivan or Lenihan who will be needed on Monday for the Under-21 Cup Final and, one suspects, again on Tuesday at Birmingham. Cairney seemed to go off with an injury. Despite the indifferent match, it's another away point and another clean sheet.

Mr rovers shaun. very funny . that made me laugh. but I just can't stop going to watch it. It's the sort of compulsion like watching a car crash. also the gentleman who said if this is stability I want no part of it. It's very funny. Mind you I'm hammered which helps. keep the wit flowing men. I thank you.

Never let it go. Other things can take it's place but never ever replace it. If you get my drift

• Backroom

I prefer Marshall on the right wing and let him get crosses into the box.

He's been woeful recently, looks like he's got both eyes on his summer drinking in Vegas

Can honestly say that was the worst game of football I have ever seen. Why I travelled to Reading is beyond me, and why he didn't give any of the kids a run out is even more of a mystery.

The team looked disinterested. Had all the hallmarks of an end of season game. Garbage.

Their minds on the cup, us knackered from the cup and down to the bare bones. No choice but to blood some yoof. As for the game a 1-1 snoozefest.

Rhodes for us in front of 650 Rovers and a load of Reading fans :)

Close. Rather relieved I couldn't go now. I bet there is huge anticipation for Brum now, be amazed if we take 250.

Brum is when the 3rd rate Ewood delusionalists finally lose their day dream

No, Shaun, it's when Rovers supporters will be continuing the support the club you've given up on. Give them a go next season and try getting behind the team, you clearly still are a Rover at heart or you wouldn't be on here.

Can honestly say that was the worst game of football I have ever seen. Why I travelled to Reading is beyond me, and why he didn't give any of the kids a run out is even more of a mystery.

The team looked disinterested. Had all the hallmarks of an end of season game. Garbage.

My sympathies,although I don't know whether to praise your loyalty or question your sanity, Sam. :)

Maybe you and Parson should get together discuss what you saw.

He says the game was indifferent and seems more than happy that we didnt blood any youngsters, got another clean sheet and this away point really means something.

Archived