BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reading v Blackburn Rovers - 11th April 2015 3pm KO

We were down to the bones today but I doubt we'd have set up or gone about it any different if we weren't. Standard stuff regardless of the line up. GB will happily set out to draw every game now till the end of the season even at the expense of the youth. Unbeaten runs keep people in jobs and will give them a good pitch in their end of season trip to India. That's if some minion has the nerve to tell madame they still own the club and it's not just gone away because they've ignored it for 9 months !

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because he's a " Venky puppet " and weak man, who's afraid to take a chance.

Unfortunately I fear we're stuck with him for some time to come, don't think many will be looking forward to next season

with him still at the helm.

I see no grounds for optimism with GB.

Patience is wearing thin, and I fear things will get ugly from here on out.

With every passing comment and contradiction, GB widens the divide.

Haven't we already done this over the past few weeks?

Real positives? No.

Not a single strand of hope for me to believe in.

So....

Agree with Perth. As I've queried in the GB thread.

It's the only logical explanation, other than he has no eye for talent.

Tbf I do think he and his scouts do have an eye for talent, its what happens to them when they get them to club Brockicano that seems to be the problem

Tbf I do think he and his scouts do have an eye for talent, its what happens to them when they get them to club Brockicano that seems to be the problem

I believe he has an eye too. Was using the point to illustrate that it makes it all the more unusual for him not to give game time.

Ironically, it'd buy him more grace with the fans, and maybe breed some optimism.

The whingers are out in force this evening. Not a great result but not a bad one. A clean sheet away is always good and it's no surprise Bowyer has pointed out the 'unbeaten in 7 away games' stat, it's what all managers do. Are you all new to football?

Don't agree with him not giving Lenihan and O'Sullivan a go though. They need to be a given a few games before the end of the season so Bowyer knows how they'll cope next season.

They'll be opening a tattoo parlour next down there, all the home comforts, nothings too good for the lads.

White sand, palm trees and a wooden cocktail bar will be coming next. Just so he might mildly encourage some of the non internationals to come in and do a little bit of training during the breaks instead of effing off to the beach somewhere every few weeks.

The whingers are out in force this evening. Not a great result but not a bad one. A clean sheet away is always good and it's no surprise Bowyer has pointed out the 'unbeaten in 7 away games' stat, it's what all managers do. Are you all new to football?

Don't agree with him not giving Lenihan and O'Sullivan a go though. They need to be a given a few games before the end of the season so Bowyer knows how they'll cope next season.

What are people whingeing about?

Youth players not being given game time.

What are you complaining about?

Never easy away and a clean sheet is pleasing. A number of people thought we would get tonked after our midweek efforts and I wondered if we would be physically and mentally tired.

Sounded drab, but at least the 646 didn't watch a defeat. Cannot really complain drawing away from home whoever you play.

• Backroom

We need to win every game to have any chance of the play offs (which Bowyer said weren't gone remember) anything but a win is a bad result never mind not even having a shot on target

Brother was at the game and just spoken to him about it.

Few soundbites:

"Negative long ball garbage"

"One of worst I've seen"

"Not one shot on goal"

"No passion from players or manager"

etc etc.

Fuming at wasting time and money on watching that drivel. He's even questioning getting an ST next season.

It's all well and good coming up with the positives but I'm sure those at the game will struggle to find any. Things are looking bleak under Bowyer.

some players are on form some aren't. Whatever they're doing at Brockhall with Kilgallon,;Rudy, Henley, Olsson, Eastwood, Raya, Baptiste seems to be working wouldn't you agree? And whatever they're doing with the U'21's seems to be working too. It's the midfield that isn't working apart from half/quarter of a season each from Marshall and Conway. There should certainly also be criticism of Bowyers insistence on picking Hanley who has been awful.

This may be too balanced of an opinion for some.

What are people whingeing about?

What are you complaining about?

i'm complaining about people saying 'there is no hope' or that 'only' drawing o-o with Reading is a teriible result. The not playing of the young un's is disappointing but there is something happening on Monday that might have been the reason.

some players are on form some aren't. Whatever they're doing at Brockhall with Kilgallon,;Rudy, Henley, Olsson, Eastwood, Raya, Baptiste seems to be working wouldn't you agree? And whatever they're doing with the U'21's seems to be working too. It's the midfield that isn't working apart from half/quarter of a season each from Marshall and Conway. There should certainly also be criticism of Bowyers insistence on picking Hanley who has been awful.

This may be too balanced of an opinion for some.

Has Rudy done anything since January except win the odd header?

Henley and Olsson have been great as of late. Eastwood has had the odd game and played exceptionally well when he has but still frozen out except for a few cup games. Raya has played one game, surely too soon to judge? He could very easily join a League One or Two side in summer for a nominal fee knowing us. Baptiste has performed well but nothing exceptional, same with Killa. I'd argue they just look better now that Hanley is injured.

It's not as if the team are playing brilliantly together. I'd argue for all your shouts here there are over double that number that are either out of form, inconsistent, averagely plodding along or just doing naff all.

Bowyer is hardly doing anything exceptional, he's managed to get a few players in form at the expense of the majority whilst failing to build a solid, coherent team.

So positives, erm..... Clean sheet I suppose. Decent catering van outside which hit the spot and I didn't have to pay too much or travel too far to watch it, and had a laugh at a chubby reading fans expense (full kit wan***)

Negatives,

Sh*t football, can't keep possession, can't pass, no movement in midfield, no link up play, no imagination, no 1-2's, no shots on target, no subs other than Taylor to try and be a bit more positive,

Why not bring on o'sullivan for Williamson? baffles me totally, what worse can he do, all willo did was pas backwards and lose possession.

That's me done for this season now I think, fingers crossed they can pull their fingers out of their arses for the remainder and be a bit more professional

Never expected you to come up with anything realistic.

I'll take it that: deep down you know there's nothing, or you're waiting for someone else to find something and jump on the bandwagon.

Better defensively the last few weeks.

Gestede form this season has been excellent. He has develop that player very well. Was a real bargain for 500k or less.

The form of Olsson this season. My player of the season. Plus recently the form of Henley as been outstanding.

His signings on the all have been good IMO.

For me this summer, we need to add pace to the squad and Bowyer needs to develop what style of play he wants to play next season. Plus make a few good signings

Has Rudy done anything since January except win the odd header?

Henley and Olsson have been great as of late. Eastwood has had the odd game and played exceptionally well when he has but still frozen out except for a few cup games. Raya has played one game, surely too soon to judge? He could very easily join a League One or Two side in summer for a nominal fee knowing us. Baptiste has performed well but nothing exceptional, same with Killa. I'd argue they just look better now that Hanley is injured.

It's not as if the team are playing brilliantly together. I'd argue for all your shouts here there are over double that number that are either out of form, inconsistent, averagely plodding along or just doing naff all.

Bowyer is hardly doing anything exceptional, he's managed to get a few players in form at the expense of the majority whilst failing to build a solid, coherent team.

Rudy was doing nothing in cardiffs reserves and will go for big money this summer.. Everyone wanted 'rubbish Ollson' gone but he's been a revelation. Henley was seen as too weak and yet he's been excellent since getting his fitness back. Raya was brought in by the current set-up and is already attracting attnetion from Prem teams. Killa and Baptiste have been excellent this season. Eastwood was pilloried on here after his signing from Pompey and yet he's been excellent everytime he's played. If you're not willing to give any credit because you don't like Bowyer then that's your call but at least stick to the facts.

So positives, erm..... Clean sheet I suppose. Decent catering van outside which hit the spot and I didn't have to pay too much or travel too far to watch it, and had a laugh at a chubby reading fans expense (full kit wan***)

Negatives,

Sh*t football, can't keep possession, can't pass, no movement in midfield, no link up play, no imagination, no 1-2's, no shots on target, no subs other than Taylor to try and be a bit more positive,

Why not bring on o'sullivan for Williamson? baffles me totally, what worse can he do, all willo did was pas backwards and lose possession.

That's me done for this season now I think, fingers crossed they can pull their fingers out of their arses for the remainder and be a bit more professional

Maybe because there is the U'21 final on Monday which O'Sullivan might play in. Same with Lenihan.

Archived