BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Forest

klos

Stupid comment. In fact a pathetic post. The game was anything but boring. I could quite easily have been 5-5. There were too many mistakes from both sides but mistakes do add to the entertainment. Still never let the truth get in the way of a good moan and a chance to kick out at the Manager eh? That Antonio was a bloody handful.

Oh come on thenodrog. I know you're in full contrary mode at the moment and ready to give the opposite view to everything but to describe that game as "anything but boring" is stretching things. Yes it could have been 5-5, in fact Forest could have been out of sight by half-time, but it was not entertaining. Aside from Antonio and the superb Gestede (Jordan that's what centre forwards do!) the game was very, very poor and clearly demonstrated why both sides are so far off achieving anything.

3-3 suggests an enthralling game, this was far from that. Rovers have packed up for the season, this was grim and even Bowyer admitted the performance was not good enough.

As fort Marshall? We probably would have won 3-1 if he'd stayed at home. Directly responsible for two Forest goals. Terrible.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Got to say I was impressed with both of their wingers, we were linked with a loan move for Barrow in January, hope we ask Swansea about him for next season

More of the same, never looked comfortable even when we went ahead on every occasion, Tommy S is no more a CB than I am. Henley was tormented all game, Tom C is a human corkscrew, how he doesn't drill himself into the ground is beyond me. Marshall was very poor, Conway ok, Williamson average. JR anonymous, Rudy's aerial ability was second to none today, awesome - perhaps he was trying to tell Loonyland it's time to sell?

Nowhere near 13,800 on, another 2 points dropped at home. Happened too many times this season, unacceptable.

End of term report will be must do better?

If the person responsible for that regression moved on then maybe we could!

Is that a quiz Stuart?

Presumably you are referring to Bowyer and I take your point but I would suggest the answer can be found in Rhodes' bathroom mirror.

However, the real answer at the end of the line is with the morons running the club (again)

The fact he is being made a multimillionaire whilst having achieving nothing has to have taken away his hunger, his need to prove he can play at the top level.

He should be desperate to get into the big league either with or without us to prove himself, get himself into his beloved national team and to set himself up financially. However, he can take a look in his bank account on Monday and see another 45K less tax and deductions.....and then another one the following Monday....etc...

After 3 years of this I think the very best of us would start to say @#/? it where I am going on holiday and when exactly can I knock off?

He is another one that would probably be asked to take a pay cut to sit on the bench at a lower tier Premier League side, in the same way that Dann had to negotiate his way out of Ewood. I remember watching JR pre-season Vs Bury where he spent the entire match in a League 2 centre back's pocket. In the last couple of minutes King took a dive in the penalty box, up steps JR to roll the equalizing penalty in, we all sing 'he scores when he wants' and everyone goes home happy, having missed the key point somewhat. Life does not get better than this for JR, no wonder he loves it here!

More of the same, never looked comfortable even when we went ahead on every occasion, Tommy S is no more a CB than I am. Henley was tormented all game, Tom C is a human corkscrew, how he doesn't drill himself into the ground is beyond me. Marshall was very poor, Conway ok, Williamson average. JR anonymous, Rudy's aerial ability was second to none today, awesome - perhaps he was trying to tell Loonyland it's time to sell?

Nowhere near 13,800 on, another 2 points dropped at home. Happened too many times this season, unacceptable.

End of term report will be must do better?

I like the Cairney corkscrew description, I'm glad it's not just me who's noticed it! I'm stealing that line.

• Backroom

I wouldn't blame Jordan, it seems someone at Brockhall has decided a few of our players needed to be bulked up.

As a result the likes of Marshall and Rhodes are looking sturdy but at the expense of any pace they had.

Marshall is forever trying to knock it past people and run onto it and never gets close

Is that a quiz Stuart?

Presumably you are referring to Bowyer and I take your point but I would suggest the answer can be found in Rhodes' bathroom mirror.

However, the real answer at the end of the line is with the morons running the club (again)

The fact he is being made a multimillionaire whilst having achieving nothing has to have taken away his hunger, his need to prove he can play at the top level.

He should be desperate to get into the big league either with or without us to prove himself, get himself into his beloved national team and to set himself up financially. However, he can take a look in his bank account on Monday and see another 45K less tax and deductions.....and then another one the following Monday....etc...

After 3 years of this I think the very best of us would start to say @#/? it where I am going on holiday and when exactly can I knock off?

He is another one that would probably be asked to take a pay cut to sit on the bench at a lower tier Premier League side, in the same way that Dann had to negotiate his way out of Ewood. I remember watching JR pre-season Vs Bury where he spent the entire match in a League 2 centre back's pocket. In the last couple of minutes King took a dive in the penalty box, up steps JR to roll the equalizing penalty in, we all sing 'he scores when he wants' and everyone goes home happy, having missed the key point somewhat. Life does not get better than this for JR, no wonder he loves it here!

Absolute garbage, another 18 goals in an extremely poor side, if most of the rest of the side had performed to the same standard over the season we'd be a lot better off than we are now.

Some other random thoughts today, not including golden balls:

- I remember a break with Conway attacking down the right, he looks up to see only Rudy anywhere near the box. JR has been clattered putting a quality ball through to Conway so no problem with him being missing. Where was Cairney, where was Marshall, where were the full backs, where was anyone? Conway puts in a decent ball, Rudy does really well to get something on it but it fizzles out. Compare this with Brentford's winner against us a few weeks ago with 5 yellow shirts in or around the box. We break with two. Not good.

- Cairney has gone so far backwards it is unbelievable. His inability to use his right foot at all is beyond pathetic. Having watched the goal of the season contenders today, who would have said after his two screamers against Cardiff (H) and Norwich (A) in August that his next goal would be in April at Leeds? This bloke should be running the show in midfield and should aiming for ten goals minimum. However, he just isn't as good as we all thought. He can't be trusted in the centre of a midfield 4, he doesn't get involved enough from the outside, so what is the answer?

- Conway crosses, Rudy heads in. Remember that from last January - May? That is the way we should be playing. I hear all this crap about the side being set up to play to Gestede's strength of flicking it on, rather than on the ground to JR. Rudy doesn't want that kind of ball. He wants it wipped in ideally from the by-line to the front or back stick to head past the keeper. It really is a simple guaranteed source of goals. Unbelievably we have just spent most of a season not playing this way.

- The above two points suggests to me that we should be playing 4-5-1 with Rudy up top.

- The kids. All I heard all days is where are the kids? For me, I'm happy to go with the manager on this one. If he feels they aren't good enough (yet) and haven't done it in training and for whatever the stiffs are called these days then don't play them. Football is meant to be a tough game with limited opportunities to impress and they need to earn a start not just be given as pass as the first team season is over. When this start is earned they need to show *something* - pace, vision, strength, anything but they have to show something. Fail to do this and back to the stiffs for you son, maybe never to return. I really don't want to see another Paul Gallagher hanging around for 10 years never quite making it but being quite relaxed about it due to the continued increase in his bank balance.

Absolute garbage, another 18 goals in an extremely poor side, if most of the rest of the side had performed to the same standard over the season we'd be a lot better off than we are now.

Thanks for the assessment and two years ago I would have agreed with you, but the Riverside were literally laughing at his efforts today.

On a different point another reason I would class this season as a disaster is that despite the fact the season has been a dead rubber since mid February GB has passed up on the opportunity to introduce some of the young players. I can't for the life of me think why this should be, maybe the reason is financial and they're entitled to a lot more money once they've appeared in the first team?

- Cairney has gone so far backwards it is unbelievable. His inability to use his right foot at all is beyond pathetic. Having watched the goal of the season contenders today, who would have said after his two screamers against Cardiff (H) and Norwich (A) in August that his next goal would be in April at Leeds? This bloke should be running the show in midfield and should aiming for ten goals minimum. However, he just isn't as good as we all thought. He can't be trusted in the centre of a midfield 4, he doesn't get involved enough from the outside, so what is the answer?

I'll agree with you on that one. Cairney has all the ability in the world but no hunger in his belly or desire to succeed imo.

Alarm bells started ringing five weeks into the season when he tweeted about going abroad for a few days to "recharge the batteries". One of a number who don't want it badly enough imo.

On a different point another reason I would class this season as a disaster is that despite the fact the season has been a dead rubber since mid February GB has passed up on the opportunity to introduce some of the young players. I can't for the life of me think why this should be, maybe the reason is financial and they're entitled to a lot more money once they've appeared in the first team?

I was extremely frustrated that he didn't take the opportunity to give Lenihan or Sullivan a run out today. TBH it was the only thing I was looking forward to as we drove to the match. TBH they couldn't have been any worse than most players on the pitch - apart from a few notable exceptions :-

Gestede - must be the most complete centre forward display for some time

Conway - some fantastic crosses

Eastwood - kept us in it in the first half

Olsson - not his best match, but shows the drive and determination that many could do well to match.

In an ideal world I would sell Rhodes for £10m - spend some of that money on clearing FFP and pursuading Rudy to stay another season.

Some other random thoughts today, not including golden balls:

- I remember a break with Conway attacking down the right, he looks up to see only Rudy anywhere near the box. JR has been clattered putting a quality ball through to Conway so no problem with him being missing. Where was Cairney, where was Marshall, where were the full backs, where was anyone? Conway puts in a decent ball, Rudy does really well to get something on it but it fizzles out. Compare this with Brentford's winner against us a few weeks ago with 5 yellow shirts in or around the box. We break with two. Not good.

- Conway crosses, Rudy heads in. Remember that from last January - May? That is the way we should be playing. I hear all this crap about the side being set up to play to Gestede's strength of flicking it on, rather than on the ground to JR. Rudy doesn't want that kind of ball. He wants it wipped in ideally from the by-line to the front or back stick to head past the keeper. It really is a simple guaranteed source of goals. Unbelievably we have just spent most of a season not playing this way.

- The above two points suggests to me that we should be playing 4-5-1 with Rudy up top.

- The kids. All I heard all days is where are the kids? For me, I'm happy to go with the manager on this one. If he feels they aren't good enough (yet) and haven't done it in training and for whatever the stiffs are called these days then don't play them. Football is meant to be a tough game with limited opportunities to impress and they need to earn a start not just be given as pass as the first team season is over. When this start is earned they need to show *something* - pace, vision, strength, anything but they have to show something. Fail to do this and back to the stiffs for you son, maybe never to return. I really don't want to see another Paul Gallagher hanging around for 10 years never quite making it but being quite relaxed about it due to the continued increase in his bank balance.

Thanks for the assessment and two years ago I would have agreed with you, but the Riverside were literally laughing at his efforts today.

Presumably Cairney's bathroom mirror should also take some stick. Two players (at least) who are asked week in week out by Bowyer to do jobs which do not play to their strengths and they are both going backwards. Nothing to do with the manager though - complete coincidence.

If Bowyer does not want to play Rhodes in the way to get the best out of him then he should sell him - whilst he still has some stock. Still scoring goals despite being in a very poorly organised side.

If we only have round holes, Bowyer is not a good enough man-manager to motivate square pegs. IMHO.

I'll agree with you on that one. Cairney has all the ability in the world but no hunger in his belly or desire to succeed imo.

Alarm bells started ringing five weeks into the season when he tweeted about going abroad for a few days to "recharge the batteries". One of a number who don't want it badly enough imo.

Marshall is the same, very cocky on social media based on what he has actually achieved in the game. Something about 'let me know when you want another one of those balls, anytime' type comment to Spearing following the Leeds game. I was going to reply and say well it would have been nice to have a few of them against Brighton, Blackpool or Brentford but I didn't wish to appear unsupportive!

i remember going off on one about that as well.

Cairney and Marshall have shown all season why they aren't playing in the Prem. They have the occasional great game and have undoubted ability but they lack the drive and determination to do it consistently. They might be 'nice lads' and 'good characters' as Bowyer has called them in the past but i now hope Bowyer's realising that you also need players with the willingness to fight - the Speedie's, Kevin Morans and Flitcrofts of this world. His comments recently criticising the lack of leaders in the team is spot on, but then again he signed most of them. Apart form Gestede, Willo, Duffy and Baptiste there aren't many 'fighters' in that team at all. Evans, Cairney, Rhodes and Marshall being the worst culprits.

Today made me wonder why we haven't been playing Conway on the right wing all season, he's a cracking crosser of the ball. Instead we've insisted on using inverted wide-midfielders and as such Gestede hasn't perhaps had as many headed chances from crosses as he could done. What a player Rudy is, overheard someone leaving the ground saying they just really hope we manage to keep hold of him for next season. I guess every Rovers fan will be hoping the same. He was truly a class above everyone else on the pitch today.

Back to the kids, one lad who we all thought had a chance was O'Sullivan.

From what I saw on social media, Barnsley fans loved him when on loan.

We've cut his loan short and brought him back.

He sat on the bench all game vs Reading, a game in which I thought if we stepped it up somehow (any ideas??) then it was there for the taking, we didn't.

He played against Birmingham, I didn't go so have no idea how he played.

He sat on the bench all day today.

According to Wiki he is 21, he will be 22 early next season.

He is not a kid, he needs to be playing first team football.

If it is not to be here then he should leave in the Summer.

If he doesn't get a chance here and now then he clearly will not be getting a chance.

Cairney and Marshall have shown all season why they aren't playing in the Prem. They have the occasional great game and have undoubted ability but they lack the drive and determination to do it consistently. They might be 'nice lads' and 'good characters' as Bowyer has called them in the past but i now hope Bowyer's realising that you also need players with the willingness to fight - the Speedie's, Kevin Morans and Flitcrofts of this world. His comments recently criticising the lack of leaders in the team is spot on, but then again he signed most of them. Apart form Gestede, Willo, Duffy and Baptiste there aren't many 'fighters' in that team at all. Evans, Cairney, Rhodes and Marshall being the worst culprits.

Great post.

We're miles off. We need a leader on the pitch, a proper captain, just as we did last season. It's just not good enough.

If I was a manager of a premier league team I'd by Gestede tomorrow - and tell the lazy fecker to shape up.

As for Rhodes, he's miles off Premier League status IMO. Miles off. £12m !?! To sit on the bench?

Good news is with our lack of ambition he could well turn out to be the clubs all time leading scorer.

Back to the kids, one lad who we all thought had a chance was O'Sullivan.

From what I saw on social media, Barnsley fans loved him when on loan.

We've cut his loan short and brought him back.

He sat on the bench all game vs Reading, a game in which I thought if we stepped it up somehow (any ideas??) then it was there for the taking, we didn't.

He played against Birmingham, I didn't go so have no idea how he played.

He sat on the bench all day today.

According to Wiki he is 21, he will be 22 early next season.

He is not a kid, he needs to be playing first team football.

If it is not to be here then he should leave in the Summer.

If he doesn't get a chance here and now then he clearly will not be getting a chance.

Exactly. I also find it hard to believe that if Rochdale rated O Connell highly enough to make him their captain he wasn't worthy of at least a try out here.

In general terms we need to be giving these young lads a chance and seeing what they can or can't do. If they have a chance and aren't good enough then fair enough get rid. But there's no point in having youngsters hanging round indefinitely never playing.

I still refuse to believe we can't unearth or develop a young striker better than Brown. If not the scouts can't be looking very hard.

If Bowyer does not want to play Rhodes in the way to get the best out of him then he should sell him - whilst he still has some stock. Still scoring goals despite being in a very poorly organised side.

No good blaming Bowyer for Rhodes's deficiencies Stuart. He can't play, simple as that. There is no more to be got.

No good blaming Bowyer for Rhodes's deficiencies Stuart. He can't play, simple as that. There is no more to be got.

I think some of the blame lies with Bowyer - IMO to get the best out of Rhodes we need to play a defensive high line and compress the play in the opposition half. Having said that - Rhodes lack of pace does mean that teams often do that to us as they don't fear our pace on the break - Kings lack of fitness and form has had a big impact on the team.

Irrespective of that - we should have sold Rhodes to Hull when we had chance - but the owners were in a no-win situation with that one.

Archived