SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Forest

klos

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We score> we sit back> we go for another one> go back to the start

Same old crap, different day bar some people in Jack's box.

Good use of subs too.

Couldn't agree more. In the words of 'Call me Gaz', the Brown Cow's star striker (Paul Taylor), "made an outstanding contribution."

Bowyer out!

Marshall was terrible apart from one cross summed up by setting up their last goal

Him and rhodes should have come off after 60-70 minutes - great sub usage by Bowyer

An entertaining game due to how terrible it actually was

I agree that taking Marshall and Rhodes off. Would have brought on O'Sullivan to play in the hole and Taylor on the right.

Marshall was awful all game.

Rhodes had 1 shot all game.

Rudy Gestede was outstanding. Work rate and hold up play was very good. 3 great header goals.

I agree that taking Marshall and Rhodes off. Would have brought on O'Sullivan to play in the hole and Taylor on the right.

Rudy Gestede was outstanding. Work rate and hold up play was very good. 3 great header goals.

Agreed! He caused them quite a few problems today.

Marshall once again was a stand out can't be arsed 'performer' today. For me it's not so much the fact he gives the ball away (which he does on many occasions) it's the fact he just ambles back.

He should have been subbed at HT such was his contribution today.

Several players had their flip flops on today. Rudy outstanding, some decent but most mediocre. My real frustration was with Gary 'ex Academy coach' Bowyer. Why does he not concede that some of his players are almost disinterested and play some youngsters. I heard him talking pre match about freshening things up by making four changes. His rotation policy only involves his chosen few. He is really beginning to frustrate lots of Rovers fans now.

Whatever had gone on earlier in the game, there is no doubt that Bowyer was poor in the last 15 minutes. Rudy puts us 3-2 up with 15 minutes to go (8 mins ordinary + 7mins of injury time). Surely a pro side closes the game out. Bring on at least 2 subs which will slow the game down, bring on fresh legs and change the shape to 451 to keep it tight. Poor.

Nice to see 2 old fashioned goals from Rudy.

Another pathetic performance from boring bowyers boys

Stupid comment. In fact a pathetic post. The game was anything but boring. I could quite easily have been 5-5. There were too many mistakes from both sides but mistakes do add to the entertainment. Still never let the truth get in the way of a good moan and a chance to kick out at the Manager eh? That Antonio was a bloody handful.

I can't understand why the Darwen End 'singists' missed the chance to perform a few renditions of "10 men..... we've only got 10 men" .

Imo his motivation is to play well for the watching scouts. Jordan Rhodes obviously wants to stay at the Rovers for the rest of his career.

"Cairneys natural position is in central midfield berth in a 442"

One of the more recent famous BRFCC debates. I'm not absolving Williamson for his part in the "can't tackle, won't tackle" double act but come on.

I like TC - but losing either Rhodes or Rudy might be a blessing for his career because he needs an extra central midfielder next to him with the "crabs" we have. 451 ftw- keep Rudy and spend the rhodes money on Leon Best's new patio and loft conversion.

Sarcastic but also painfully true.

Interesting to hear the ironic cheering from the Riverside when Rhodes finally managed to hold the ball up in about the 80th minute. Has the tide turned for our boy wonder or now he is probably off are we doing the usual and saying he was @#/? anyway? For me the footballer that somehow hit 28 goals in the worst side I have ever seen is long gone and I only see him regressing further. Oh well life moves on.

We somehow need to get Gestede to sign a new deal. He can't be on much based on his signing for peanuts from cardiff's reserves so there has to be a deal to be done here somehow

• Moderation Lead

Not a great game, two teams on their holidays. It highlighted the gap between midfield and attack we have. Especially when Lansbury ran the game, and ran forwards!! Henley struggled against the physical Antonio, but he can always beef up. Anyway, it's a nice day, have a beer and chill eh?

Interesting to hear the ironic cheering from the Riverside when Rhodes finally managed to hold the ball up in about the 80th minute. Has the tide turned for our boy wonder or now he is probably off are we doing the usual and saying he was @#/? anyway? For me the footballer that somehow hit 28 goals in the worse side I have ever seen is long gone and I only see him regressing further. Oh well life moves on.

If the person responsible for that regression moved on then maybe we could!

GB even admitted on his Radio Rovers interview that the 442 struggled against 451 in the 1st half.

He alluded that the players had to figure out how to play against it, but he managed to improve it and gained control 2nd half.

He also blamed lack of leaders. It's his own failings.

I'm curious as to the sudden polar opposite mood swing.

Sounded like he's completely shifting the blame onto the players, to hoodwink and deflect the blame.

I think the only positive I can take away from that game is we are likely to get some more cash for Rudy when he leaves this summer.

As for the game, neither team defended at all! Realistically bar Hanley that is our defence for next season too, if killa re-signs that is. Antonio gave Henley a nightmare, not really any fault of Henleys as Antonio looked a mare to face!

The central midfield was woeful I think cairneys ability to only use his left foot is actually starting to impress me, he can actually bend his legs into impossible positions just to not use his right! Marshall was awful, summed up by the excellent assist for their 3rd equaliser. I can stand anybody not being at the races it happens but a lack of effort really angers me and today I thought Marshall and Rhodes effort could be questioned.

• Backroom

GB even admitted on his Radio Rovers interview that the 442 struggled against 451 in the 1st half.

He alluded that the players had to figure out how to play against it, but he managed to improve it and gained control 2nd half.

He also blamed lack of leaders. It's his own failings.

I'm curious as to the sudden polar opposite mood swing.

Sounded like he's completely shifting the blame onto the players, to hoodwink and deflect the blame.

Said in the other thread its damning when he brought those players in and I fear an excuse for him to bring his captain back when he can

Archived