BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Forest

klos

• Backroom

No matter if he can't do other stuff there will always be room in a squad for a player that scores 20 a season.

Sure for me Rudy would be the main man and is a better overall striker but Rhodes will always score goals.

Bustling Brown or does nothing but scores Rhodes - take your pick

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was ultimately a very frustrating performance but I enjoyed it more than most of the stuff I've seen at home this season. At least we scored a few and since the result didn't matter I'll settle for that. We should doubtless, having got our noses in front for the 3rd time late on, have held on to win but I wasn't sitting there wishing I'd brought a tin of paint and a brush to paint the wall in front of me and watch it dry

• Backroom

That's how I saw it boots, frustrating and not s particulary good performance at all but a good 80% of this season I've been bored as well as frustrated so today was quite enjoyable

I think the only positive I can take away from that game is we are likely to get some more cash for Rudy when he leaves this summer.

As for the game, neither team defended at all! Realistically bar Hanley that is our defence for next season too, if killa re-signs that is. Antonio gave Henley a nightmare, not really any fault of Henleys as Antonio looked a mare to face!

The central midfield was woeful I think cairneys ability to only use his left foot is actually starting to impress me, he can actually bend his legs into impossible positions just to not use his right! Marshall was awful, summed up by the excellent assist for their 3rd equaliser. I can stand anybody not being at the races it happens but a lack of effort really angers me and today I thought Marshall and Rhodes effort could be questioned.

Bowyer should have pulled the pair of them off after 60 minutes.

Today made me wonder why we haven't been playing Conway on the right wing all season, he's a cracking crosser of the ball. Instead we've insisted on using inverted wide-midfielders and as such Gestede hasn't perhaps had as many headed chances from crosses as he could done. What a player Rudy is, overheard someone leaving the ground saying they just really hope we manage to keep hold of him for next season. I guess every Rovers fan will be hoping the same. He was truly a class above everyone else on the pitch today.

Precisely. People keep banging on about us not giving JR the right service but setting up with wingers on the wrong side and forcing them to cut in starves Gestede of the type of crosses that he murders. I know I am speaking from hindsight but we'd have won today if we'd had an extra man in midfield instead of JR ambling around up front again and setting the wide men to supply crosses. Even if GB was determined to play 4-4-2 then Brown would have been a better bet to expose their defensive frailty when the ball was in the air.

Great post.

We're miles off. We need a leader on the pitch, a proper captain, just as we did last season. It's just not good enough.

If I was a manager of a premier league team I'd by Gestede tomorrow - and tell the lazy fecker to shape up.

As for Rhodes, he's miles off Premier League status IMO. Miles off. £12m !?! To sit on the bench?

Good news is with our lack of ambition he could well turn out to be the clubs all time leading scorer.

What about the Transfer window Bob?

Precisely. People keep banging on about us not giving JR the right service but setting up with wingers on the wrong side and forcing them to cut in starves Gestede of the type of crosses that he murders. I know I am speaking from hindsight but we'd have won today if we'd had an extra man in midfield instead of JR ambling around up front again and setting the wide men to supply crosses. Even if GB was determined to play 4-4-2 then Brown would have been a better bet to expose their defensive frailty when the ball was in the air.

What about the Transfer window Bob?

From the little of what I've seen this season a Brown/Gestede combo would be a right handful for most Championship defences.

• Backroom

Williamson, Marshall and Rhodes should ALL have been swapped at HT. Forget about worrying about use of 3 subs, Bowyer could've sent a message about underperforming meaning you get dropped.

No good blaming Bowyer for Rhodes's deficiencies Stuart. He can't play, simple as that. There is no more to be got.

We were talking about him going backwards, den.

But saying "he can't play" is just dumb.

I think some of the blame lies with Bowyer - IMO to get the best out of Rhodes we need to play a defensive high line and compress the play in the opposition half. Having said that - Rhodes lack of pace does mean that teams often do that to us as they don't fear our pace on the break - Kings lack of fitness and form has had a big impact on the team.

Irrespective of that - we should have sold Rhodes to Hull when we had chance - but the owners were in a no-win situation with that one.

Exactly my thoughts also DMTP. £12m would have been great business.

Jim furnell's son is a regular poster on here. But seeing we are in secret mode I won't name him!

A 5-4 thriller is on the cards today, not seen since Lenny johnrose hit the winner against west ham in 1989

Remember the game well david, think the West Ham fans had a sit down protest on the Darwen end and Liam Brady ran the show, but we still managed the win.

No good blaming Bowyer for Rhodes's deficiencies Stuart. He can't play, simple as that. There is no more to be got.

Have you seen his goal scoring record den? It's tremendous, if he can't play I'd like to sign someone that can!

A few views from yesterday.

Rovers were atrocious from the very first minute defensive wise, we were so lucky not to be 4-5 down at the end of that first half.

GB did nothing to address the glaringly obvious, Antonia was running amok whilst our midfield/defence were all over the place. Not making use of the subs was reminiscent of the abject failure of his tactical nouse in games and emphasises just what the problem has been this season. No plan B no plan C etc. His failings in this department have cost the club dearly and this will have an effect for the next season.

Rudy plonked a few extra million on his fee. A bidding war will erupt between stoke/palace/barcodes for his services. Rhodes was marked out of the game by 2 players and as he has now fallen behind RG in the goals stakes he has a point to prove in the last 3 games. One thing is for sure, we have to hope Boro are still keen to pay £12m for him when they go up.

In looking at the midfield. Why didn't GB play one of the young ones and replace Williamson at the half time break? They have legs, can run and would have busted a gut to show they can play.

The defence was shocking all around. Nothing was done tactically wise to shore it up despite what we were witnessing.

Its not good the Darren end twonks giving Venkys the flook off song. You morons, they are bankrolling the club at this very time. I don't want a love in but FFS get over it. get over them and back the club.

I wish Radio Rovers would just shut down. Against Liverpool they helped create a fantastic atmosphere yet yesterday they returned to the droll down bet atmosphere they create with the sort of rubbish they have played year after year. Its time for a change or it is time t switch off forever. They are rubbish beyond belief, and it kills whatever atmosphere is in the ground.

The club really is in deep dire straits unless drastic action is taken. I see us joining Blackpool and Wigan in the none too distant future.

Didn't go yesterday. The only possible reason I can see for not playing some of the kids is to stop them getting 5 games under their belts before next season. That way, under the embargo, they can be included in the squad without being one of the '24 established' players.

It is essential that one of Gestede, King or Rhodes is retained for next season. preferably in that order. The thought of Brown and Taylor up front is too sad to think about.

One interesting comment from Bowyer on Radio Rovers yesterday was he acknowledged the team weren't coping with the Forest tactics in the first half. He said that he had expected the players to be able to address the issue themselves on the pitch but they didn't so It had to be explained to them at half time!

So either the team are thick - or adapting tactics in practice is negligible. Either way it is a shocking indictment of the current set up.

Rudy plonked a few extra million on his fee. A bidding war will erupt between stoke/palace/barcodes for his services.

Rhodes was marked out of the game by 2 players and as he has now fallen behind RG in the goals stakes he has a point to prove in the last 3 games. One thing is for sure, we have to hope Boro are still keen to pay £12m for him when they go up.

I have to smile when I see stuff like this. Even worse the time it's in the same post!

Rhodes takes effectively care of two players, leading to his strike partner to score three goals.

There must be some connection but so few can join the dots. Instead, Rhodes is bad and Gestede is good.

Surely that's just what the doctor ordered and our forward options are well covered?

But no, on top of that we hear that our problems are that we haven't scored enough goals! Scoring 2 or 3 should win most games yet it too often doesn't for Bowyer's Rovers. Different personnel, different formations, yet the only constant is blameless by the owners, and as a result of his unlikely dismissal, nor walking away, fans (and now the manager) begin to blame the players.

I fear that we are heading down the path trodden by Kean but with "flight" rather than "fight" being the fans' reaction.

Williamson, Marshall and Rhodes should ALL have been swapped at HT. Forget about worrying about use of 3 subs, Bowyer could've sent a message about underperforming meaning you get dropped.

I didn't see the same lazy, couldn't care less attitude in Williamson tbf Mike that was evident in Marshall and Rhodes. Rem he was in a midfield 4 with Conway, Cairney and Marshall and had plenty on his plate doing their dirty work for them I'd suggest.

We were talking about him going backwards, den.

But saying "he can't play" is just dumb.

He can play but he certainly cannot play as a target man. He is purely a penalty box predator. Unfortunately his huge deficiencies in leading the line mean that we cannot get into the opponents penalty box as much as we need. Rather than a complete striker and leader of the line that the money invested in him has ensured that we have a 'posh' Matt Derbyshire.

btw from what little I have seen a similarly expensive mistake was Fulham blowing so much on Ross McCormack. I can't see much in the way of value for money in him either.

He can play but he certainly cannot play as a target man. He is purely a penalty box predator. Unfortunately his huge deficiencies in leading the line mean that we cannot get into the opponents penalty box as much as we need. Rather than a complete striker and leader of the line that the money invested in him should have ensured he is a 'posh' Matt Derbyshire.

btw from what little I have seen a similarly expensive mistake was Fulham blowing so much on Ross McCormack. I can't see much in the way of value for money in him either.

So Rhodes was an expensive mistake... Yeah right were would we be without his goals since he came to Ewood

GB needs to find a way of effectively utilising both JR and Rudy but could be a bit hypothetical as one will definitely leave if not both so looks like that ship has sailed... That's why these last few games some of the younger players need blooding in for 1st team experience

Archived