BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn confirms Rovers departure/Appreciation Thread

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Good luck to him some great memories of him here which is worth a lot and a lot more than we will get from many players these days.

This club has been very kind to him, I truly hope he can stay fit and enjoy the last couple of years of his career.

A good career but one of what could have been ultimately.

Good luck Dunny

A true Rover. None so closely identified with the club in recent times. Stories abound of him stopping his car and joining kids for a kickabout in local recs. Local hero for local kids.

But for his injuries who knows how high he could have gone?

A Dingle-slayer to boot!

Good luck for the future Dunny.

• Moderation Lead

Some may disagree, but I'd say he has to go down as one of our best players in recent years. It's a shame that injuries have robbed us and him of seeing him at his best more regularly.

The goals/performances against Burnley especially the goals.

Best of luck Dunny lad.

He has given us some great moments to cheer over the years.

I think it says something about him that even at his age and after all his injuries we really don't have a player of his quality to replace him with.

An englishman who loves running with the ball at his feet. We have been very lucky to have such a rare talent at our club.

I'll always remember the excitement of watching him, Duff and Jansen developing week by week into international quality players. Some of my happiest times as a Rovers fan were seeing Dunny bury another penalty with the cry of "Dunny for England" being bellowed from the Blackburn End.

Watching him after he came back in 2007, he always looked a yard shorter than he should have been, but the quality of his touch and his football brain were very much there to be enjoyed still. The fact he was a local lad and will always be a fan of the club gives me hope that someday he will be back at a happier, more exciting Ewood. Cheers Dunny.

Good luck to Dunny for whatever comes next, and thanks for the memory's.

Given he still feels as though as can play on, I would question the validity of a few of those recent 'injuries'. Hopefully GB let's him say goodbye next weekend.

Yes the Dunny "injuries" are another of the great Ewood mysteries. One cannot help but think that there is something else behind his absences from the team. Anyway thank you Dunny for some great memories. Maybe Accy Stanley could use your talents for a couple of seasons. I might even be tempted to go and watch.

• Backroom

make the legend immortal--- Dunny spill the beans and instead of keeping it real MAKE IT REAL.

DO this and you will immortalised forever.

Not likely when he's gone on record and thanked the owners in his letter

• Backroom

Good luck Dunny, thanks for all your years of dedication.

As Al says, it would be great if he went to Stanley for a couple of seasons in a player/coach role. It would certainly boost the attendance a bit when Rovers aren't at home I'm sure!

Lets give him a good send off at the weekend.

Recent player comparison regarding attitudes

David Dunn / Rudy Gestede

Chalk and Cheese

Professional / Smacked arse

Dunny is one of the most gifted individuals that I have seen at the Rovers. He oozes class. Unfortunately his career has been blighted by soft tissue injuries and particularly the long term one to the the muscle between his ears.

Good luck Dunny, thanks for all your years of dedication.

As Al says, it would be great if he went to Stanley for a couple of seasons in a player/coach role. It would certainly boost the attendance a bit when Rovers aren't at home I'm sure!

Lets give him a good send off at the weekend.

madon 'dedication' is not a word that I would ever associate with David Dunn.

His equaliser against burnley will live with me forever, one the best moments I can remember at Ewood in many a year.

With over 350 appearances for the club he has to go down as a Blackburn Rovers legend for me, we'll probably never see anyone else achieve so many appearances for the club again.

Best of luck for the future Dunny :tu:

• Backroom

Dunny is one of the most gifted individuals that I have seen at the Rovers. He oozes class. Unfortunately his career has been blighted by soft tissue injuries and particularly the long term one to the the muscle between his ears.

madon 'dedication' is not a word that I would ever associate with David Dunn.

Each to their own.

He could have jumped ship before he went to Birmingham but didn't.. when he did he regretted it. Everyone makes mistakes and for him to have as many caps as he does for our club, in my eyes, shows dedication.

• Backroom

He'll be spoken of as a legend and so he should. In his earlier years and those times under Allardyce, he was a stunning player!

The miles offside tap-in was one of the best feelings I've ever has on Ewood.

Archived