BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn confirms Rovers departure/Appreciation Thread

How can police not allow a football match? We will be playing them twice next season anyway.

What do you mean about the current climate? Do you think it would be better played in July?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the best Dunny lad. Scored one of my favourite Rovers goals away at Bolton in the 2-0 win back in the day. Opened his body from the left side and floated one into the top left hand corner in front of Boltons home supporters. Was invited to the ground by a Bolton fan that day and sat with the prawn sandwich lot. 2-0 Rovers Never broke sweat. Great day out.

Big fan of Dunns ability. Few and far between the lads that are confident enough to take it past players. Quick feet required. Best of luck in your future career.

Somewhat poignant for Rovers fans. The last remnants of decent quality, from when we had a decent team, now departing.

How can police not allow a football match? We will be playing them twice next season anyway.

What do you mean about the current climate? Do you think it would be better played in July?

They've refused to police potential friendly games on more than one occasion Stuart.

As for the current climate, you're obviously being an arse but I'll indulge you. By climate I mean Venkys tenure and most fans being apathetic towards all things Blackburn Rovers.

• Backroom

Looks like theres very little magic left in the boots hope we see a tiny bit of it before full time

He still has the brain and vision just needs to adapt his game as he can't beat a man when he wants to

• Backroom

Thought he looked very poor in the first half but when space opened up he started pulling the strings a bit.

Wish him all the best

Had some good touches, lasted most of the match which begs the question why hasn't he been getting a game.

Dunny is still head and shoulders above anyone else in that side, I can't help but think him playing the 'Gordon Cowans role' under Kenny is an oppertunity missed. Maybe we can't accommodate that type of role in the side, the game has moved on.

Stayed behind for a very emotional (me &) Dunny last lap. Two magical passes in that second half, the first setting up Rudy's goal shows what we are missing in our midfield. Still has the vision......too little, too late, but always a pleasure to watch.

Good luck whatever you do next........

They've refused to police potential friendly games on more than one occasion Stuart.

As for the current climate, you're obviously being an arse but I'll indulge you. By climate I mean Venkys tenure and most fans being apathetic towards all things Blackburn Rovers.

It would be interesting to see if we could go ahead without police involvement. Hire private security if necessary. It would be an interesting discussion because if there were any public order offences the police are likely to have to respond to protect the public. That said, I'm not convinced that there would be a great deal of trouble. It could be billed as a "Respect match" to see if it's possible to do away with the kettling coach convoys.

Yes, I was a bit but only tongue in cheek. I didn't know what you meant. The prevailing current climate is not one of hatred of Venkys, it's one of apathy towards Bowyer's team. The Liverpool game proves that there is some interest in something worth shouting about - I didn't speak to anyone who said they weren't going "because of Venkys" (not many people I smoke to weren't going just those who were too late in deciding and missed out). The matches against Burnley and Preston next season will be full houses depending on when the police "let" us play them.

All the best to David and thank you for all your efforts for the club.

Very good to hear the Radio Rovers piece prior to the game, where he talked about going elsewhere to learn his trade as a coach/manager and return when he is ready as he feels this is the right way to go about it, (ie rather than possibly taking a cushy, in-house role at Rovers immediately).

I totally agree with him.

Dunn had plenty of hugs from his colleagues as he was going off but it appeared to me that he wasn't too keen on a hug from Bowyer. Perhaps a telling moment if the rumours of a fall out are true.

Two moments of retro Dunn in the second half with two passes of vision and skill. We don't have another player who is capable of seeing this type of pass let alone execute them.

An absolute pleasure to watch. Without injuries would no doubt have earned a few more England caps. Nice feet, brilliant footballing brain and played with heart to boot. A rare diamond. Thanks for the memories. Still remember watching him waltz past the Dutch defence in the u21 match. Absolute quality

Dunn had plenty of hugs from his colleagues as he was going off but it appeared to me that he wasn't too keen on a hug from Bowyer. Perhaps a telling moment if the rumours of a fall out are true.

Two moments of retro Dunn in the second half with two passes of vision and skill. We don't have another player who is capable of seeing this type of pass let alone execute them.

He hasn't exactly poured platitudes in Bowyers direction in his numerous interviews as you might expect after the stabilising he has done. Maybe GBs hands tied from above because of ££ ..........or maybe he just doesn't fancy attacking midfielders !

That picture shows why Rudy needs to get rid of his stupid Afro

And why we should bin off that wishy washy sky blue.

He hasn't exactly poured platitudes in Bowyers direction in his numerous interviews as you might expect after the stabilising he has done.

Not necessarily a bad thing cos he poured lots of platitudes toward Steve Kean remember! :glare: That still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

• Backroom

My fave was the classic long, low pass that everyone assumed was misplaced to Rhodes, but was actually a perfect ball to Conway who was steaming it down the left wing.

Dunny essentially split their defence in half from his own half. Stunning pass.

And why we should bin off that wishy washy sky blue.

Not necessarily a bad thing cos he poured lots of platitudes toward Steve Kean remember! :glare: That still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

True but in the current climate you'd think those behind the scenes would be encouraging him to give a bit of a ringing endorsement. He is the type that speaks his mind if given the opportunity but as Amo says if there was another contract in the offing he'd have been all over the coaching staff in the press.

Archived