BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn confirms Rovers departure/Appreciation Thread

One of the worst sides of the crazy Prem money is that the lower leagues rarely get to sign the likes of Dunny and Scott Parker. Players finish their contracts in the Prem and have no need to play any more football. From a club that signed the likes of Moran, McKenzie, Kendall, Archibald Cowans and Ardilles etc it's a shame really.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the worst sides of the crazy Prem money is that the lower leagues rarely get to sign the likes of Dunny and Scott Parker. Players finish their contracts in the Prem and have no need to play any more football. From a club that signed the likes of Moran, McKenzie, Kendall, Archibald Cowans and Ardilles etc it's a shame really.

Are you implying that Danny Murphy and Dickson Etuhu didn't drop out of the premier league to a lower league 'for the love of the game'?

The small brained toad has come out for the local Tory candidate.

I see the principles of democracy still dont rest easy with you.

No good you moving here .... there's no communist candidate for you to support and idolise.

Harsh and uncalled for...

Millionaire voting Tory, not sure why you're so surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

Given that only wealthy and stupid people vote Conservative, and generally footballers are both wealthy and stupid, why are you surprised at this ?

Given that only wealthy and stupid people vote Conservative, and generally footballers are both wealthy and stupid, why are you surprised at this ?

Think you lost most people after this nonsense statement. It's akin to saying only the poor, lazy and 'all for nothing's' vote Labour.

Perhaps in fact Dunny took a genuine interest in the election and recognised (like the majority of the population) that Miliband had swayed miles left to his old Labour roots, and that in our current economic recovery it would be suicide to let him borrow, borrow, borrow without any sort of plan of how to grow the economy, other than throwing good money after bad at the NHS of course.

Anyway, perhaps we'll meet again in ICBINF - I think your views on football are good.... it's just your political allegiances that need to be realigned :rover:

• Moderation Lead

A bit of an extreme post from Jim, but anyway I wish Paul hadn't made that silly post, and politics were in the relevant thread.....

• Moderation Lead

I dont think so. I thought he had bought that detached house that overlooks the training pitches on the gated development?

He lives on Brockhall.

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

Heard yesterday that Dunn has been offered to play in India and he may accept and then go to Stanley in January. How true it is I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me.

Surely Dunn will not take the V's ''20 pieces of Fried Chicken''

Venkys don't have a team in Indian I-League. Westwood the ex-coach under Appleton is out there I think.

Archived