BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

So sad to see the stick that Lowe gets, he hasn't a chance really..

oh contrare. He's had nearly 4 seasons worth.

I also applaud the capture of Koite but if we signed a player released by a lowly conference club heads would be wobbling.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was more thinking about someone to play alongside Lowe in the middle.

About Maguire? I know GB wants him and the player wants to come. Need to see how much is left in the pot after beefing up the squad before signing him. He'd be at the upper end of our wage limit.

That should be Evans' job (although he was poor last season) . Unless he's leaving we've got Lowe,Willo, Evans,Lenihan and Petshi in the middle. Maguire would surely be more of a priority than CM, especially if Rudy leaves.

Nonsense. Lowe has every chance. Literally, every chance he could have. Bowyer picks him without fail when he is fit. Whether you like Lowe or think he's garbage, everybody knows this. I don't think it will ever matter what form he is in.

That should be Evans' job (although he was poor last season) . Unless he's leaving we've got Lowe,Willo, Evans,Lenihan and Petshi in the middle. Maguire would surely be more of a priority than CM, especially if Rudy leaves.

Five DMs. What we need is an actual CM, preferably creative.

These 2 signings and the imminent departure of Rudi seem to indicate the end is nigh for Venkys at Rovers, and the end of the club in its current form soon after.

Happy days... :angry:

Im gonna get stick for this but who would lile to buy us? A club in debt?

Venkys are billionaires and are now paying for their mistakes. They pump in millions and millions every year. Who would do that now? Only a rich russian and arab. I do hope we continue our cleaning at the club. Sack Shaw. Install a proper director. Venkys continue to fund and The most important that People come to Ewood and get behind the team. The club need it at the moment not the sulking. Read the 2015 Venkys Limited report and everyone can see the costs and turnover. Its scaring how much money he club loses every year. Without funding... administration.

I do hope we continue our cleaning at the club. Sack Shaw. Install a proper director. Venkys continue to fund and The most important that People come to Ewood and get behind the team.

People keep saying this like it's a possibility. They didn't sack Shaw after he admittedly "went rogue" and spunked £1million of their own money down the pan, what makes you think he's going to get the boot now? What makes you think Venky's will change their hiring policy and suddenly install a strong chief exec?

What'll happen is that the club will continue to be downsized to comply with FFP, providing a ready-made excuse for the board and management team alike to reduce supporter expectations (see Parson, 1864roverite). We'll get relegated, as you would expect from a club with unserviceable levels of debt and a transfer embargo, and continue to slide down the football pyramid. Exactly as we would if we took the hit now and got rid of them for good. Until then, it's just prolonging the inevitable. Of course that's a reality most fans don't want to accept.

Five DMs. What we need is an actual CM, preferably creative.

Like i said that should be Evans' job. He isn't the most creative but he has a lot more to his game than he showed last season. Either the injury, loss of form or Bowyers instructions meant he sat far too deep.

I agree in essence neophox. We'd be in it up to our necks without them bailing us out every week / month / year. But I can't really find it in me to pity them or even be grateful. It's their mess and in my eyes it's their debt not just to the creditors but to us dwindling fan base to keep the Wolf from the door until they put us back to where we happily sat before their little circus rolled into town. I know that makes me sound like a spoiled little brat but it's the way I feel. However having said all that, if that day ever does come then a part of me would actually be pleased for them too. Because if they make it that far it's a show of determination on their part and more importantly a show of desire to put things right.

Can't see it mind you. I personally think the only reason they've stuck it out this long is because the fat one enjoyed the buzz. I think he's even getting bored of if it nowadays. Maybe he's had enough of Chris Brown too!!!

People keep saying this like it's a possibility. They didn't sack Shaw after he admittedly "went rogue" and spunked £1million of their own money down the pan, what makes you think he's going to get the boot now? What makes you think Venky's will change their hiring policy and suddenly install a strong chief exec?

What'll happen is that the club will continue to be downsized to comply with FFP, providing a ready-made excuse for the board and management team alike to reduce supporter expectations (see Parson, 1864roverite). We'll get relegated, as you would expect from a club with unserviceable levels of debt and a transfer embargo, and continue to slide down the football pyramid. Exactly as we would if we took the hit now and got rid of them for good. Until then, it's just prolonging the inevitable. Of course that's a reality most fans don't want to accept.

Paranoia ain't healthy y'know..

reminds me of a saying...'let your actions be your words'.

If he plays as he has done the last few seasons... stand off, letting the opposition attack (and score) while he watches a few feet away, running around getting into a position but not actually defending then he will, inevitably, be in for some stick.

On the other hand... if he (or any player) plays with passion and desire then he will get the support he will deserve

reminds me of a saying...'let your actions be your words'.

If he plays as he has done the last few seasons... stand off, letting the opposition attack (and score) while he watches a few feet away, running around getting into a position but not actually defending then he will, inevitably, be in for some stick.

On the other hand... if he (or any player) plays with passion and desire then he will get the support he will deserve

Lowe always gives 100%.

Paranoia ain't healthy y'know..

I really don't think Amarillo's analysis is all that far fetched! It certainly doesn't imply mental health issues.

On the other hand,I do think Stockholm syndrome or at least denial of one's own abuse is as alive and well on the message board as among the fanbase in general.

Not all that surprising either. Be like the monks in their contemplation of death or pretend your poisoner is really your nurse!

Kim deal is not done yet, as far as I know he is interested in joining but at the moment we have not got an agreement on wages, but we are also using the opportunity to have a closer look at him. The secondary problem is the work permit, person that I talked seems to think that we will struggle to get one for him if we sign him.

Kim deal is not done yet, as far as I know he is interested in joining but at the moment we have not got an agreement on wages, but we are also using the opportunity to have a closer look at him. The secondary problem is the work permit, person that I talked seems to think that we will struggle to get one for him if we sign him.

I seem to remember a line in a song

"If you can't bring good news, then don't bring any.." LOL

Seriously, though, thanks for the info. I was starting to build my hopes up....and that is so dangerous!

Problem is that since May 2014 he has only been in one South Korean squad so does not meet the criteria.

Degsy just needs to give an agent who he has never met but friends of former colleagues at Team Kean HQ a ring, Italian passport in no time

Archived