BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me the signing of Petshi signals that we are looking to balance the books and have little interest finding creative ways to get out of FUP. What I am surprised about is Forest not kicking up more of a fuss. They have an owner that seemed to wanna spend big and get them up to the prem... I find it strange that it seems the have gone quiet.

About Boro, I'm surprised no journey are asking questions about that (maybe they have and i missed it) or Fulham.

Re Rhodes, I'd guess that they are quite confident that he will continue to perform and continue to hold his value, and if the Boro bid is accurate then they have been right.

I would be gutted to see him leave but without having any idea of the plan at the club regarding finances, ffp etc. (if they have one) we can't know if it is worth selling him.

Also I've read very little about the Maguire fellow, why are people holding out hope that we will sign him?

The boro gazette are running this story so there's definitely truth in it. More significantly it says boro are in dialogue with rovers and are finding a way to structure the payment.

Doesn't mean there's any truth in it whatsoever. How many false articles have the Lancashire Telegraph published may I ask? Short answer: a lot. And who's to say that the Boro Gazette don't have @#/? journalists too?

Maybe it will get closer to £12m with some limited add ons.

I have been saying for weeks that it's all about what the up front amount is - all of a sudden, the penny seems to have dropped with some !

As far the U21 lad - was out of contract and 'vulnerable' and I believe his potential had been noted by at least 1 PL club. Has now signed another contract with Rovers but if his development continues at the rate of knots it has so far, would be no surprise to see someone make a move for him.

You have also been saying it is all part of an imminent exit strategy

The declared losses were £42m. £16m - as you say - was brought forward. However, you're suggesting that from that point losses are down. Well the turnover to wage percentage actually went UP, from 120% to 130%. It's no good saying what our losses ought to be, - they are what they are - and they were still miles above the allowable limit. Since then, over the last couple of months the wage bill will have come down so we must be nearer to complying. How near? None of us know. But, my main point is that the FFP rules are there and we werent even close to complying.

You forgot Steve. Nzonzi Transfer to sevilla ...cash in.

Rhodes is a bit of conundrum - as he has become a financial albatross - £14m plus losing his huge wages would make a significant difference to the clubs finances. But if we lose Gestede as well - who scores the goals ?

Who would be a manager - if not for FFP I would sell Rhodes at that price - but with FFP ?

How can Rhodes be a financial albatross for us yet Middlesbrough are able to offer £10 million + for him and pay his wages?

It all depends what the owners want. Presumably Steve Gibson is happy to spend a lot of money regardless of FFP. We just have to hope our owners are prepared to do the same.

How can Rhodes be a financial albatross for us yet Middlesbrough are able to offer £10 million + for him and pay his wages?

It all depends what the owners want. Presumably Steve Gibson is happy to spend a lot of money regardless of FFP. We just have to hope our owners are prepared to do the same.

They knew FFP embargo was unavoidable, yet who did we sign before the embargo? Brown? Varney?

It's a convenient excuse to wind things down.

They knew FFP embargo was unavoidable, yet who did we sign before the embargo? Brown? Varney?

It's a convenient excuse to wind things down.

Maybe it is an excuse to cut spending, we'll probably only really know that once we are out of the embargo and we see what sort of players we go after then.

My point remains that as debt is irrelevant re. FUP, how is Rhodes too expensive for us yet Middlesbrough with their 15000 gates can supposedly spend £10 million+ on him and pay his wages no problem whilst keeping within FUP?

It doesn't add up.

Either his wages of £30k a week are too much for the pair of us, or they are affordable for the pair of us.

I don't buy this nonsense that poor little Blackburn have to sell their best players whilst similar sized clubs like Boro and Fulham can throw millions around no problem.

I don't care who is spending silly money in the Championship because they will almost all lose it and end up in the sh1t.

Just as an aside one of the richest if not THE richest club in the Championship is Burnley. Credit to them for not getting carried away like some others. why does no one hold them up as a fine example of the way to run a small club from a depressed area and with limited income?

My point remains that as debt is irrelevant re. FUP, how is Rhodes too expensive for us yet Middlesbrough with their 15000 gates can supposedly spend £10 million+ on him and pay his wages no problem whilst keeping within FUP?

It doesn't add up.

That's what I thought until Kamy pointed out how the Smoggies are swerving FFP with some accounting chicanery from some clever operators.

Just as an aside one of the richest if not THE richest club in the Championship is Burnley. Credit to them for not getting carried away like some others. why does no one hold them up as a fine example of the way to run a small club from a depressed area and with limited income?

Because most of us @#/? hate them?

Brighton just rejected 4m from Fulham for Lewis Dunk.

We sold them Cairney for 2.3m + 1.2m if they go up. Terrific negotiation skills shown by the big cheeses.

Since Cairney was sold, Fulham received £11m for Patrick Roberts. I'd suggest they've got a bit more money to play with since Cairney left.

Selling him to a championship rival. .well done you utter nobs

I've never known somebody get so ahead of themselves as you do. He's not gone yet and we've been in this situation before, until he's pictured holding up another teams shirt on SkySports, chill out and worry about something else

Archived