BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's just me and maybe I'm missing the point, what with ffp n all. But that Kim fella doesn't look fit to lace Cairneys boots. OK, I get he's probably as good as we have taken a look at. But I'd sooner have kept what we had. Bloody shame if you ask me.

Maybe it's just me and maybe I'm missing the point, what with ffp n all. But that Kim fella doesn't look fit to lace Cairneys boots. OK, I get he's probably as good as we have taken a look at. But I'd sooner have kept what we had. Bloody shame if you ask me.

He was one of the stars of the 2012 Olympics, was picked in the team of the tournament, but I didn't realise he hadn't been in the Korean squad

since 2014, until Kamy mentioned it.

Unless he was injured when the squads were picked.

Unfortunately I think the TC sale was required to keep the wolves from the door, if only temporarily. So we have had King replaced by a similar styled 'budget version' of him. Kim would be the 'budget' Cairney, and the gradual decrease in quality continues. I presume 'budget' Rudy is next to arrive, if he isn't already here in the form of Chris Brown. Last season was far from good enough. I'd take a similar finish if offered right now.

But hey, Venky's are blameless, it's all that unforeseen, undeserved FFP's fault (*sarcasm alert)

Kim is a prem quality player. .yes he has a relegation on his cv but Wigan did have a poor side

No disrespect Adam, but that says more about the premier league than it does Kim.

I'm not saying he's bobbins and I'm sure we'd have worse already on the books. But still.

What also worries me is this talk of the French lad being a replacement for king. And Kim being a replacement for Cairney. Was it Einstein who said the definition of madness is doing the same things repeatedly and expecting different results? Paraphrasing obviously. Well, on the surface at least it suggests we're doing just that. But POSSIBLY with inferior players than those which came up short last time.

Honestly, those who have suffered my posts before will realise, I'm no doom monger. But this has to be a concern does it not? I suppose the argument is different players can work the system better than the last. But only time will tell .

Problem is that since May 2014 he has only been in one South Korean squad so does not meet the criteria.

His last international selection was March 2015 versus New Zealand.

The criteria for a work permit is to have been involved in 75% of your countries games within last 2 years. S.Korea have had 27 games. Kim has been involved in 17 of those games of which is 62%, however some of those games are friendlies of which don't count towards the criteria, it's only competitive games, and those 17 games he has featured in are competitive, so taking the friendlies out of those 27, he probably quite easily gets over the 75% criteria.

Kim would be the 'budget' Cairney(*sarcasm alert)

Cairney would never make the Korean squad he doesn't have any work ethic. Kim is a much better player and isn't a petulant disrespectful mardy that young TC is . Perhaps GB 's best bit of business if he can close the deal.

Cairney would never make the Korean squad he doesn't have any work ethic. Kim is a much better player and isn't a petulant disrespectful mardy that young TC is . Perhaps GB 's best bit of business if he can close the deal.

I really hope that's the case. I, without sarcasm or agenda , bow down to your superior knowledge of the bloke. I was just a big fan of Cairney and I fear we've frittered away a very good footballer.

• Backroom

for one reason or another cairneys Impact last season was minimal, was he wasted here or just not that effective? Bit of both for me, very frustrating player though at times.

I feel if we could replace him with Kim we would be no worse off personally.

Think that's unfairly vitriolic towards Cairney. But I hope you're right that Kim is a better player, assuming we can sign him. Reviews of him from those who've seen him are mostly very positive.

Think that's unfairly vitriolic towards Cairney. But I hope you're right that Kim is a better player, assuming we can sign him. Reviews of him from those who've seen him are mostly very positive.

I witnessed TC purposely ignore his managers instructions and then openly ignore his calls to track back when playing in a wide position ...can't remember the opposition . ...I suspect GB wasn't too upset he left on the sly

For me key signings/sales are now:-

1) Manage to hold onto Rhodes

2) Gestede replacement lined up to sign when he goes. Someone with a strong scoring record.

3) Sign Kim or alternative (Maguire?) as Cairney replacement

4) Sign commanding experienced central midfielder

5) Sign commanding experienced centre back

6) Sell one of Evans or Williamson (no way we need both if we make a better signing in this area - see point 4 above)

We do all that and I think the team will be stronger than last year except crucially up front. It's really unlikely we will replace Rudys goals unless Bowyer performs some real transfer magic.

Most people on here know that FFP is an absolute farce, if Middlesbrough are allowed to sign Rhodes and pay his wages then the whole country will know.

Not that anybody bar us will give a @#/?.

It does indicate the level of incompetence by the likes of Shaw etc, when we are the only club who won't challenge FFP. It's like Venkys have told them don't challenge, accept it, sell players and it will prevent us spending more money.

That's just my feeling on the matter. The fact that we are happy not to challenge FFP, is to avoid spending money.

It does indicate the level of incompetence by the likes of Shaw etc, when we are the only club who won't challenge FFP. It's like Venkys have told them don't challenge, accept it, sell players and it will prevent us spending more money.

That's just my feeling on the matter. The fact that we are happy not to challenge FFP, is to avoid spending money.

Spot on. The farce (outside of football's general corruption and horrible favouritism to the big teams) is that we haven't challenged or found a way round it. And let's be honest it's hardly the glamour clubs only which have avoided it. Don't think Bolton or even Boro are held in much higher regard than us by the powers that be. No, it's all down to Venkey's incompetence.

Interesting, but Alan Nixon still says it is not enough, not enough of it is guaranteed. So likely to be rejected by Venkys.

If it's rejected we can read two things into it one being it's not enough up front or Venky's are desperate for a cash injection for whatever reason.... But hey Venky's are minted

Archived