BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

after Kim signs, I don't think we need any more unless it is a replacement for either Rhodes or Gestede

Unless the French third division player is top notch, i still would like to see another strong midfielder in on loan. We may have plenty of options in Lowe, Evans, Williamson, the kids and the new lad, but it's been the weak area for some time and is still lacking unless someone surprises. We need quality in there, not quantity.

Also, as well as Henley played last season, especially against Sterling, I would like to see cover or an upgrade. Without the Baptise option, the last thing we want to be doing is wasting Marshall back there again.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult to find praise for the owners for holding out for top dollar, when to us fans they might as well have let them go for free.

Odd comment Den. Losing them both for free, or losing them both for 20 million - which one would more likely get us out of FUP at the next available opportunity? I don't expect a huge splurge if we get out of the embargo, but we could definitely be more flexible in the market.

Did I ever mention embargo, or the relegation? no I didn't. of course they are at fault for the relegation and for employing the wrong people no doubt about it. (I'm not getting into a massive debate/slanging match tonight or any day about what has happened. we have all been over it loads of times)

but they are not selling Gestede or Rhodes cheap or willing to accept these deal with half the asking price now then add ons deals BUT instead wanting all the cash up front

Now back to transfers or transfer gossip/speculation

after Kim signs, I don't think we need any more unless it is a replacement for either Rhodes or Gestede

So you conveniently forget all that's gone before and say they are doing well now.

Unless the French third division player is top notch, i still would like to see another strong midfielder in on loan. We may have plenty of options in Lowe, Evans, Williamson, the kids and the new lad, but it's been the weak area for some time and is still lacking unless someone surprises. We need quality in there, not quantity.

Also, as well as Henley played last season, especially against Sterling, I would like to see cover or an upgrade. Without the Baptise option, the last thing we want to be doing is wasting Marshall back there again.

You can say that again, without the forwards we'd have been relegated with that midfield.

if Gestede does leave then I would like to see us sign Danny Graham on loan for the season. Graham has been told he can leave Sunderland

I'm not surprised. Watched him a few times in recent years - often against the Under-21's - and he has always been dreadful.

Odd comment Den. Losing them both for free, or losing them both for 20 million - which one would more likely get us out of FUP at the next available opportunity? I don't expect a huge splurge if we get out of the embargo, but we could definitely be more flexible in the market.

Yeah, I guess it might sound odd :)

Trouble is, if we sell them both I doubt we'll be out of embargo.

Yeah, I guess it might sound odd :)

Trouble is, if we sell them both I doubt we'll be out of embargo.

I doubt we wouldn't be. In whatever window it is their sales would count towards. 20 million, plus savings of maybe 4 million over the year in wages. Robbo and Best's wages not to be included next season either. King's wages saved and tribunal fee. Oh and Cairney.

From a fans point of view, keeping them is great news. However I now think it is more because of nativity than wisdom from the owners, If we do not sell this summer, I foresee us selling at a reduced price in the future which, for all the pleasure of seeing them score 40 goals to push us up to 9th, will be bad business.

To be fair, if they are both here when the transfer window closes it may well feel like Christmas :xmas:

So you conveniently forget all that's gone before and say they are doing well now.

Did I ever say that Abbey? NO I DIDNT!

After this post I wont be replying to anymore Abbey. I am not taking the thread out of his topic anymore Abbey.

For all the apparent abuse and critics they receive, the Venky's don't half do well over transfers.

you are joking??? apart from the incoming ones of which \Bowyer has brought in 31.

so 31 signings in 2 years and 2 strikers who get you 40 goals a season and we have been in the top 6 for a week in total !!! so 3 years and £120million of losses, 31 players signed under Bowyer alone, and we have collapsed from the PL to the Championship and many of us are worried about actually not being relegated again;

Oh yes Dunnfc, its been a rip roaring success in the transfer market. Jesus H, man!!! I am so glad they didn't cock that bit up

I think most of the people who criticise Rhodes do actually appreciate that he's a great goalscorer and the team, in the circumstances at least, will be much poorer without him.

Personally I'd be gutted if he left, his goalscoring ability is amazing despite other shortcomings. I can see why people might think he doesn't suit our team but that's at least partly down to the manager in my book. I think he'd score goals wherever he went, certainly would have done better than Falcao for United last season.

If Kim does sign it's really good news, I've not seen much of him but reports are good. Most importantly it gives me the feeling (unlikely as promotion may be) that there is still some ambition in the club.

If anyone is to leave I just hope it isn't Conway (or one of the young ones), I think he's a key player and despite getting some praise, is underrated on here.

Reminds me of the Roy Keane quote on Rhodes a couple of years after he'd sold him to Huddersfield 'Maybe i should have concentrated on what he could do rather than what he couldn't'.

You're spot on about Conway too, Very underrated, He must have close to 25 assists since joining us in January 2014.

if Gestede does leave then I would like to see us sign Danny Graham on loan for the season. Graham has been told he can leave Sunderland

Think he has scored once in 30 appearances for sunderland. We already have Brown with that sort of scoring prowess

Archived