BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

One thing it does do is make a mockery of those who said we had missed the boat by turning Hull's bid down last year and that never again would we get a similar offer for Rhodes.

What nonsense that has turned out to be.

Simple situation really - Premier League club wants him then let him go. Championship clubs no way.

There's no such thing as a good deal for BRFC when we can't spend a penny on a replacement and run the very real risk of being in League One if both strikers leave.

In a way given the massive increase in PL money, its a cut in value.

Money for your better players is never worth it, as only 1 in a hundred do you replace with better.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you still have links to India Glen, please tell them the score.

They are fully aware of some supporters concerns regarding the potential loss of both strikers and a FULL season of not being able to spend a dime in way of transfer fees, this includes january even if we sell both Rhodes and Gestede.

They are being advised to sell by their advisors and Ewood , self inflicted rock and hard place springs to mind.

Ive told them my thoughts , which is we cannot afford to lose both strikers and seriously believe if we do,we are putting ourselves in a possible relegation scenario.

I can't find Downing's account, does he even have Twitter?

The downing one wasent a tweet , it's something he said according to Boro fans either during an interview or something

They are fully aware of some supporters concerns regarding the potential loss of both strikers and a FULL season of not being able to spend a dime in way of transfer fees, this includes january even if we sell both Rhodes and Gestede.

They are being advised to sell by their advisors and Ewood , self inflicted rock and hard place springs to mind.

Ive told them my thoughts , which is we cannot afford to lose both strikers and seriously believe we are not putting ourselves in a possible relegation scenario.

Who would advise them to sell our hero rhodesy?

I know the money would help but surely that would be advising to keep him or both as it would help our chances in this league

Saint Gary trying to move our best players on? What would he have to gain from that???

Ahhh...the old chestnut of FFP = more dumbing down = more time on the Bisto bus.

Bonus ££££ Bonus ££££

Can't go wrong, " we had to sell all our best players, our hands were tied "

The downing one wasent a tweet , it's something he said according to Boro fans either during an interview or something

Who would advise them to sell our hero rhodesy?

I know the money would help but surely that would be advising to keep him or both as it would help our chances in this league

Board judged on profit and loss,

If rovers kept both players, failed to go up again , they may find themselves under an embargo for a long long time.

Truth is we need some serious cash or risk not being a club that can function.

So the advice to them is based on trying to plug financial deficit whilst cash on table.

My issue is , its a short term fix as losses will continue to rack up in the millions and come next season , what is actually left to sell?

I saw the ff minutes today and they have asked some questions

Im told the Action Group also met with club but not seen any minutes or indeed any committee minutes for well over a year which would suggest that Ewood getting a fairly easy time at present , which is most disappointing. Communucation coming out the club is poor and it appears any supporter representation has alligned itself with the club rather than the worried supporters who are in greater numbers than those content with what they are seeing unfold under their eyes.

Im under no illussions , i strongly believe organic protest from the stands are on the cards this season if things start badly due to key player sales.

Ive told them my thoughts , which is we cannot afford to lose both strikers and seriously believe if we do,we are putting ourselves in a possible relegation scenario.

The loss of both main stikers and the lack of ability to sign replacements is huge Glen, but keeping the strikers without changing anything else is bad news for the club primarily, and also Venkys. They need to apply some thought beyond the next few months to this, what is the plan?

If rovers kept both players, failed to go up again , they may find themselves under an embargo for a long long time.

So the advice to them is based on trying to plug financial deficit whilst cash on table.

My issue is , its a short term fix as losses will continue to rack up in the millions and come next season , what is actually left to sell?

So basically we can't be angry if they do sell, as it's actually best for us..

Well it's there fault there in this mess but I get what your saying ..it's hard times at the minute

The loss of both main stikers and the lack of ability to sign replacements is huge Glen, but keeping the strikers without changing anything else is bad news for the club primarily, and also Venkys. They need to apply some thought beyond the next few months to this, what is the plan?

I dont actually think from top to bottom they have a plan

There lies the problem

The team was not good enough last season so i dont think they will be any better this season

Im told the Action Group also met with club but not seen any minutes or indeed any committee minutes for well over a year which would suggest that Ewood getting a fairly easy time at present , which is most disappointing. Communucation coming out the club is poor and it appears any supporter representation has alligned itself with the club rather than the worried supporters who are in greater numbers than those content with what they are seeing unfold under their eyes.

Im under no illussions , i strongly believe organic protest from the stands are on the cards this season if things start badly due to key player sales.

From what you say, the people giving them advice are accountants, it's not the right advice.

If Gestede does an Nzonzi we may end up with half of what the owners want with a large sell on clause.

Gestede is as good as gone and we are already resigned to that.

Rhodes a totally different situation , Those at Ewood would snap anyones hand off who comes up with a £10 million down payment with add ons. When clubs are actively welcoming bids and speaking to clubs putting a price on your head, ultimately the club are telling the player "we dont want you anymore" . Rhodes has maintained he wants to stay at Rovers as long as Rovers want him, he has never wavered from this,

The owners are being put under a lot of pressure to sell players by the board and Bowyer and certainly dont want to lose either Gestede or Rhodes ,

Im hearing Rhodes won't be sold , however with ewood actively trying to move him on , how long is it before Rhodes himself gets annoyed ?

For the owners with Rhodes , its not about the money , they see him not as their only real success in terms of a statement of intent, but an iconic figure to what is becoming a dwindling supporter base.

The fact of getting £20 million for 2 players is one thing, however not being able to spend money to replace them could see us in serious danger of not only being relegated, but us having to then face up to life to league one FFP which in contrast to the Championship is the realms of seriously looking at administration, due to weekly losses and massive wage bill.

Only a promotion can sort this mess , however thats looking further away now than ever

If the owners don't want to sell the two star strikers, why don't they do something radical like sacking Bowyer and Shaw.

Who knows Rudy might stay with a pay rise, and we might have at least a chance of promotion, under new management.

If the owners don't want to sell the two star strikers, why don't they do something radical like sacking Bowyer and Shaw.

Who knows Rudy might stay with a pay rise, and we might have at least a chance of promotion, under new management.

Million dollar question, which i cannot fathom at all.

Venkys are just useless at everything when it comes to rovers bar plugging the debt.

Yet they do nothing to stop the debt amassing like appointing a decent board and manager

Glen, how on earth have you got contact with the owners (however many levels removed from the actual owners it might be) to the point where you get an audience who listen to your opinions? I mean, they must be fully aware that you were heavily involved with the protests and equally involved in a group looking to buy their baby. How is that relationship still open to communication?

Shame - with the attendances we get we might not get another Rhodes.

Shame all those who found Ewood for the Liverpool game can't do so more often.

Agree with you but how kak have things been these last few years? The off-field antics coupled with some of the dullest football we've seen in years. Watching Rovers is now a habit/chore for me and I'm sure it's the same for plenty others. A lot of people can't justify spending a few hundred pounds on something they no longer enjoy. ST, transport, refreshments; it all adds up over the course of a year. Probably exceeds a grand a year for a number of fans if you include booze, cup tickets and and away days. If you've got kids, then you could easily be spending double that.

I know a good few fans who were ST holders for many years and completely fell out of love with it during the Kean era. I did a bit but still attended when I wasn't abroad, whilst plenty of course didn't. It's a task getting those bums back on seats but with an incompetent hierarchy behind the scenes and a lacklustre manager and staff, it's more than a task to get those fans back at Ewood. If people aren't enjoying it and their kids aren't enjoying it, then it's easy to see why they'd take up another pastime.

If there was that belief there that we were moving in the right direction, with something to cheer for and get behind, then I think we'd see numbers increase. With Venky's, Shaw, etc running the club and (boring) Bowyer in charge of footballing matters, there's no chance of that happening.

You know what Glen, I had the same thought myself, that the majority of key employees at Rovers are judged on nothing but the money they can bring in, even Bowyer. With the selling of Cairney, Bowyer's talking up of selling other players, the board seemingly content with sitting in an embargo and selling for profit whilst bringing in freebies. Everything is pointing to profit/loss sheets and I have no doubt that they are judged on the money they can recoup from sales.

I don't think promotion is the aim for any of them. Shaw, Bowyer, the lot of them are perfectly content with plodding along mid-table Championship and using FFP as an excuse. Less pressure and easy earnings. For every few hundred thousand they save/bring in from sales, they probably get a pat on the head and a treat from Madame.

I briefly spoke to a Rovers employee the other evening who was disgusted with what's going on, stressing how the main problem are the folks running the show at Ewood. Shaw, Coar, the boardroom lot. All very "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" hush hush goings on, no doubt. Everyone in it for themselves, not for the club, not for the fans, not even for Venky's. Unfortunately I only picked up a few snippets.

Venky's should be treated with the utmost contempt for what they've done over the years, regardless of whether they were swindled or whatnot, but the directors and backroom staff who leech off the club really leave a vile taste in my mouth. I think these parasites are playing Venky's (as well as us fans), making a killing off us and until the Desai's do something about it then they're just as bad as the people they have running one of their businesses. If they investigated (looking into why they are still losing millions a year despite the cutbacks would be a good start), cleared out the scum and employed competent individuals (I'm dreaming, I know), they could make progress. Can't see it happening though.

On hols got 20 min of wi fi left can someone sum up what has happened in last week ..... owt or nowt

Brought in two young French players (Petshi and Koita; check out Lancashire Telegraph website for details), lost 2-1 to Rochdale in a friendly (match report on LT site), plenty of speculation about Rhodes and Rudy leaving, with Bowyer trying to talk up the deals in the paper. Details of our accounts were released showing us still losing a sh1tload of money. Venky's remain committed though apparently (see LT website for more details). Other than that, business as usual.

You have got to explain that statement.

You have spoken direct to a Goddess? Did she listen? Can you walk on water?

The sad thing is, whatever happens many will take it on the chin as always and the club will continue on the downward spiral its been on since Venkys rolled into town.

At what point do people go "enoughs enough "?

10000 already have. Another few thousand probably have this summer.

The days of 'organic protest from the stands' have gone, the dwindling bunch left in the ground may muster a half hearted boo after another rank defeat, but that's your lot.

Rovers are faced with a dilemma as they look to escape from a transfer embargo, knowing that selling either Rhodes or fellow striker Rudy Gestede would be the only way of taking a large step towards having those restrictions lifted.

There is no "large step", there is only "under embargo" and "out of embargo". Any large step, at the expense of the one talisman left at Rovers, is meaningless.

We must surely have a good case for a work permit appeal. Our situation, and the limitations we face on bringing in players, is unprecedented in the modern era.

Archived