BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Think he has scored once in 30 appearances for sunderland.

I just think Bowyer would maybe get him scoring again. It was just suggestion. Thats all.

I hope Bowyer goes for Southampton's striker Sam Gallagher on loan for season. But I think another championship club will get him.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowyer couldn't get his players to score in a brothel

Maybe you missed Rhodes and Gestede?

Sorry, but that's just a ridiculous statement roverandout, get a grip

Can't question Rhodes ability in this division but £12m... Venkys or no Venky's, you can't turn that down. You'd pay that for a proven prem striker. Rhodes isn't even first choice for Scotland. Very sad to see him go if it does happen, but if someone is throwing silly money around then I don't blame the club for selling.

Is he good? Yes

Is he worth £12m? No

Under normal circumstances, when the money could be reinvested into the squad, £12million would be tempting. However losing Rhodes, when we can't replace him is madness. We would struggle to replace him with £12m, we have no chance in getting a freebie or loan who scores as many.

I'd be holding onto Rhodes at all costs at this stage.

Sky saying before that they'd sell him to a Prem club but don't want to sell him to a rival in this div hence turning Boro down. Sounded like they may accept less from a Prem club ? I'm wondering how serious all this really is or are they just trying to flush out a Prem bidder and get him his big move with a bit of help from uncle Steve at Boro and the boys at Sky. Be interesting if a Prem club actually bid 8 million or so now.

Under normal circumstances, when the money could be reinvested into the squad, £12million would be tempting. However losing Rhodes, when we can't replace him is madness. We would struggle to replace him with £12m, we have no chance in getting a freebie or loan who scores as many.

Sadly because of the way FUP rules work we will have to do without Rhodes or a replacement (even a major downgrade) for at least half a season whenever he goes. So we are going to have to cash in when the price is at £12m - £14m - however much I think he brings to Rovers on and off the pitch. The rules should allow a slower wage bill reduction by allowing part of a sale to be used to buy players. It's a complete restriction of trade. Even more galling at any point Rovers could have sought legal action and been granted a stay of execution which would have allowed us to shape the squad into a much fitter state without being under embargo but we just can't be bothered (it seems).

Did I ever say that Abbey? NO I DIDNT!

After this post I wont be replying to anymore Abbey. I am not taking the thread out of his topic anymore Abbey

So you didnt say YOU agreed that do well in transfer sales ?

Can't question Rhodes ability in this division but £12m... Venkys or no Venky's, you can't turn that down. You'd pay that for a proven prem striker. Rhodes isn't even first choice for Scotland. Very sad to see him go if it does happen, but if someone is throwing silly money around then I don't blame the club for selling.

Is he good? Yes

Is he worth £12m? No

is he good ..yes

is he worth 12m (McCormack deal ) ..yes

is he replaceable in our situation ...NO !

SPOT ON!!

Sadly because of the way FUP rules work we will have to do without Rhodes or a replacement (even a major downgrade) for at least half a season whenever he goes. So we are going to have to cash in when the price is at £12m - £14m - however much I think he brings to Rovers on and off the pitch. The rules should allow a slower wage bill reduction by allowing part of a sale to be used to buy players. It's a complete restriction of trade. Even more galling at any point Rovers could have sought legal action and been granted a stay of execution which would have allowed us to shape the squad into a much fitter state without being under embargo but we just can't be bothered (it seems).

I honestly don't think we will be out out FFP even if we sell Rhodes and Gestede for £20m. Frightening how much money the club is wasting.

• Backroom

As a football team, selling Rhodes for £12m leaves us a lot lot weaker on the pitch, it leaves us in a stronger financial position (considering promotion isn't likely to happen either way) but probably not enough to make us financially stable.

I personally really hope he stays. I'm less concerned about Rudy seeing as it seems time to cash in if he doesn't want to be here.

Just going off Twitter and boros players

Downing has stated there is some brilliant players joining soon

Lee Tomlin tweeted not long back "well that was interesting" about a meeting at Boro

Could mean anything

By the statement that we don't want to sell to a rival its basically saying our price is matched, he can go and they are trying to flush out new bidders.

Sad days that a good lad like Jordan who wouldnt have gotten near our PL sides of last 20 years is the best we have, and look increasingly like we cant keep.

Those who are backing him, this is exactly what GB is telling us is THE PLAN, and our future. Can you explain why, because I honestly don't understand.

TBF 66 in 46 games ain't brilliant, especially when the front two have scored 40+.

The strikers are paid to score and that's what they do.

We have no problem scoring goals

If Gestede does an Nzonzi we may end up with half of what the owners want with a large sell on clause.

Gestede is as good as gone and we are already resigned to that.

Rhodes a totally different situation , Those at Ewood would snap anyones hand off who comes up with a £10 million down payment with add ons. When clubs are actively welcoming bids and speaking to clubs putting a price on your head, ultimately the club are telling the player "we dont want you anymore" . Rhodes has maintained he wants to stay at Rovers as long as Rovers want him, he has never wavered from this,

The owners are being put under a lot of pressure to sell players by the board and Bowyer and certainly dont want to lose either Gestede or Rhodes ,

Im hearing Rhodes won't be sold , however with ewood actively trying to move him on , how long is it before Rhodes himself gets annoyed ?

For the owners with Rhodes , its not about the money , they see him not as their only real success in terms of a statement of intent, but an iconic figure to what is becoming a dwindling supporter base.

The fact of getting £20 million for 2 players is one thing, however not being able to spend money to replace them could see us in serious danger of not only being relegated, but us having to then face up to life to league one FFP which in contrast to the Championship is the realms of seriously looking at administration, due to weekly losses and massive wage bill.

Only a promotion can sort this mess , however thats looking further away now than ever

The strikers are paid to score and that's what they do.

We have no problem scoring goals

Actually when we decide to try and close the gaping holes at the back, we do.

For the most part we don't seem to try that strategy I'll give you that.

One thing it does do is make a mockery of those who said we had missed the boat by turning Hull's bid down last year and that never again would we get a similar offer for Rhodes.

What nonsense that has turned out to be.

Simple situation really - Premier League club wants him then let him go. Championship clubs no way.

There's no such thing as a good deal for BRFC when we can't spend a penny on a replacement and run the very real risk of being in League One if both strikers leave.

If Gestede does an Nzonzi we may end up with half of what the owners want with a large sell on clause.

Gestede is as good as gone and we are already resigned to that.

Rhodes a totally different situation , Those at Ewood would snap anyones hand off who comes up with a £10 million down payment with add ons. When clubs are actively welcoming bids and speaking to clubs putting a price on your head, ultimately the club are telling the player "we dont want you anymore" . Rhodes has maintained he wants to stay at Rovers as long as Rovers want him, he has never wavered from this,

The owners are being put under a lot of pressure to sell players by the board and Bowyer and certainly dont want to lose either Gestede or Rhodes ,

Im hearing Rhodes won't be sold , however with ewood actively trying to move him on , how long is it before Rhodes himself gets annoyed ?

For the owners with Rhodes , its not about the money , they see him not as their only real success in terms of a statement of intent, but an iconic figure to what is becoming a dwindling supporter base.

The fact of getting £20 million for 2 players is one thing, however not being able to spend money to replace them could see us in serious danger of not only being relegated, but us having to then face up to life to league one FFP which in contrast to the Championship is the realms of seriously looking at administration, due to weekly losses and massive wage bill.

Only a promotion can sort this mess , however thats looking further away now than ever

If you still have links to India Glen, please tell them the score.

Archived