BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Where were Kamy, Cryer, Nicko etc when I broke the news on here that a deal to sign Rhodes had been agreed between Rovers and Huddersfield. Answer, about 4 to 6 hours behind - check the thread !

Don't need to justify myself.

I am not a so called journalist but just a supporter of 50ish years who expresses a view and offers the odd snippet I hear which sometimes prove spectacularly correct as with the Rhodes signing !

Omg YAWNSSS same old same old even if Rhodes is sold it was obvious and not due to anything you said as you just seem to say the same thing every transfer window

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby's business so far this summer despite being limited under FUP:

Sacked & paid off Steve McClaren

Employed Paul Clement & his team

Signed Darren Bent (huge wages)

Signed Andreas Weimann (£2.75 million)

Signed Tom Ince (£4.75 million)

Signed Jason Shackell (£3 million+)

Total transfer outlay of £10 million so far, not including wages or pay-offs. No player sales. No parachute money. And now they are interested in Rhodes!

FUP is becoming clearer by the day. It is all a ploy and the sooner we get wise to that and start directing our anger towards those who made up the rules and who are making a mockery of their enforcement the better.

That's what I really don't get, surely they should work on a projected turnover and fixed costs forecasts.

From there you could project what a club is allowed to spend (in net terms) in the forthcoming season. if a club wants to buy a player and it would take them over the limit, then you block the registration of the player until they generate the funds to buy him.

Although I think the whole concept is totally flawed and should be done away with. Does more harm than good.

Another question ..if one of youngsters who doesn't have enough games to classed as "established" then plays said amount of of games what happens regards of real live squad . Ie does this start at start of season and lasts til the end or is it a live situation where like a game show someone In the squad is the booted out so to speak ?

That's what I really don't get, surely they should work on a projected turnover and fixed costs forecasts.

From there you could project what a club is allowed to spend (in net terms) in the forthcoming season. if a club wants to buy a player and it would take them over the limit, then you block the registration of the player until they generate the funds to buy him.

Although I think the whole concept is totally flawed and should be done away with. Does more harm than good.

Totally agree, at present the biggest issue isnt that we are banned, its that others are being allowed to spend money that will almost certainly take them out of FFP, but their punishment will be metered out in 18 months time and only if they haven't been promoted.

Kim close to join Rovers.

Paperwork things sorting out.

Been back at Ewood after mondays meeting.

Also another player close according to mate at Ewood :).

Also a departure imminent. NOT Rhodes.

Kim would be good signing from people Ive spoken to from playing for Wigan.

Any more on the other signing?

Anything more you about the player leaving?

So teams who should be in a similar situation to us, are spending and spending, while we bend over and take it. Not one person from a journalist point of view, has managed to find out by Shaw why they not raising their hand, and asking questions

For all the apparent abuse and critics they receive, the Venky's don't half do well over transfers.

Yes I agree there Dunnfc. They don't sell cheap at all.

Rhodes is a goal machine and will always score goals.

Boro wanted him then I would want all the 12 mil up front and nothing more. Boro have clearly thought we will massive over spend and try to get up this season and if they don't then they deal with it then

From Kamy on twitter

Kim having medical tomorrow and personal terms agreed now.

So they are doing well in transfers chaddy ..? Wowsers .. They've sold all the stars , through them doing well we've been relegated , on an embargo and up shut creek in debt .. Hail the venkys and their transfer dealings .

I think most of the people who criticise Rhodes do actually appreciate that he's a great goalscorer and the team, in the circumstances at least, will be much poorer without him.

Personally I'd be gutted if he left, his goalscoring ability is amazing despite other shortcomings. I can see why people might think he doesn't suit our team but that's at least partly down to the manager in my book. I think he'd score goals wherever he went, certainly would have done better than Falcao for United last season.

If Kim does sign it's really good news, I've not seen much of him but reports are good. Most importantly it gives me the feeling (unlikely as promotion may be) that there is still some ambition in the club.

If anyone is to leave I just hope it isn't Conway (or one of the young ones), I think he's a key player and despite getting some praise, is underrated on here.

I think most of the people who criticise Rhodes do actually appreciate that he's a great goalscorer and the team, in the circumstances at least, will be much poorer without him.

Well I see it as comment on his strengths and weaknesses - comment about what he brings to the team - and what the team loses. If there is criticism, then it's aimed not at Rhodes, but at Singh who believed that he would take us back to the prem.

However, you've nailed it in that sentence Blueandwhitemike. Well done.

So they are doing well in transfers chaddy ..? Wowsers .. They've sold all the stars , through them doing well we've been relegated , on an embargo and up shut creek in debt .. Hail the venkys and their transfer dealings .

In a nutshell. People don't like it but we have been downgrading since day one and haven't stopped yet. Anyone who thinks Venkys are, or have been, good for the club is a... [insert appropriate, mod-friendly, PC-sensitive, jokey-yet-deadly-serious word here]

Venkys insistence to play hard ball on transfer fees for our players is one of the few benefits of their ownership. However it may be because of their stupidity. At some point a players value will peak. Keeping Rhodes and Gestede is only good business if either:-

A) We get an increased offer at some point in the future.

B) we are aiming for promotion.

As they will not have any better seasons than the one just gone, their contract length will deteriorate and they will get older, I cannot see their actual value increasing for A to happen.

As we are losing players of the proven championship calibre of Baptiste and Cairney and replacing them with French novices, it would take a huge amount of faith to think B is achievable, especially with the managers track record.

From a fans point of view, keeping them is great news. However I now think it is more because of naivety than wisdom from the owners, If we do not sell this summer, I foresee us selling at a reduced price in the future which, for all the pleasure of seeing them score 40 goals to push us up to 9th, will be bad business.

Did I ever mention embargo, or the relegation? no I didn't. of course they are at fault for the relegation and for employing the wrong people no doubt about it. (I'm not getting into a massive debate/slanging match tonight or any day about what has happened. we have all been over it loads of times)

but they are not selling Gestede or Rhodes cheap or willing to accept these deal with half the asking price now then add ons deals BUT instead wanting all the cash up front

Now back to transfers or transfer gossip/speculation

after Kim signs, I don't think we need any more unless it is a replacement for either Rhodes or Gestede

Archived