BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friendly Game At Oldham

Tomlinson sounds interesting. It's been an age since our academy has produced a decent central midfielder (and no I don't class Lowe in that bracket). He doesn't have too much competition there, so maybe he can kick on.

Hmmm...

He d have a better chance if he was coming into a good side that could compensate for his lack of experience that he ll undoubtedly display at times.

Although he has to start somewhere i suppose...either make him or break him but got a feeling that playing at Ewood this season may not be a pleasant experience for many of our players..

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fine 2-0 win with so many youngsters getting game time against league one side.

Somewhere there is an Oldham fan saying fine performance with so many youngsters and trialists in only losing 2-0 to an established Championship side.

Delfouneso always strikes me as one of those who has the raw attributes to become a player. But he seems to turn it on, get a move or contract and then gets comfy and the performances slip. Can't say I was thrilled to see him on trial and I can't say my opinion has changed since him scoring today.

I can't understand why Chaddy gets so much grief on this site by idiots. As a fan I come on here to get info on club and transfer gossip yet it just seems to be full of little bitches trying to get one over each other.

Keep up the info Chaddy, top poster.

I've seen very little of Delfouneso but I know he's a pacey lad.

Given that we're resigned to losing both Rhodes and Gestede before the transfer window closes, I wonder if Bowyer is considering going 1 up front with 2 pacey wing-forwards. Delfouneso could fit in well as one of the wing-forwards with his pace. He recently failed a trial at Go Ahead Eagles in Netherlands, who play in the nation's second tier. It depends if he's hungry enough to reinvigorate his career at a reputable club with a rich history. :rover:

I can't understand why Chaddy gets so much grief on this site by idiots. As a fan I come on here to get info on club and transfer gossip yet it just seems to be full of little bitches trying to get one over each other.

Keep up the info Chaddy, top poster.

He's enthusiastic all right but most of the time I have already read Kamy, Flanagan, Wheelocks and Nixons tweets on twitter long before he posts them all on here.

Hasta, that is exactly like I see it but at least he looks on the bright side even if it doom and gloom. Sometimes his enthusiasm brings a little hope to a fan in the dire straits we now find ourselves.

He's enthusiastic all right but most of the time I have already read Kamy, Flanagan, Wheelocks and Nixons tweets on twitter long before he posts them all on here.

Makes sense for those who have read the content elsewhere to ignore his posts, as others - like myself, appreciate the info being posted on here

Delfouneso always strikes me as one of those who has the raw attributes to become a player. But he seems to turn it on, get a move or contract and then gets comfy and the performances slip. Can't say I was thrilled to see him on trial and I can't say my opinion has changed since him scoring today.

That's the position we're in. We have to look at players who have the raw ingredients to be a good player but have not realised that potential yet.

Hasta, that is exactly like I see it but at least he looks on the bright side even if it doom and gloom. Sometimes his enthusiasm brings a little hope to a fan in the dire straits we now find ourselves.

Maybe he does for you - and if that's the case, great - but part of the problem is that for most it has the opposite effect.

But he is a good contributor and the site would be worse off without him.

Tomlinson looked decent and was making himself available to receive the ball and looked to pass it quickly. A bit one footed but showed lots of promise. Delfounso looked quite lively whilst he was on. He scored a good goal with his head and could have had another. He is no Rhodes or Gestede but if they go he is a lot better than Brown. Hanley looked like he has lost weight which is bound to help him. Kilgallon was shocking until he went off at half time.

From a fitness perspective it was a good afternoon but I don't believe it will have any bearing on what to expect next season.

Makes sense for those who have read the content elsewhere to ignore his posts, as others - like myself, appreciate the info being posted on here

If you really care what a bolton fan and author who is standing in for the rovers reporter thinks that's fine. I never said otherwise.

Slightly odd Chaddy only posts the positive side of things that put a good light on Bowyer. No mention that Flanagan thought Oldham were the better side first half

To anybody who went to the game?

How did Rovers play?

Did Nathan Delfouneso play good? Have pace?

How did Conway and O'Sullivan play?

We were poor in the first half, Latics passed the ball around better and with more intent. We were better second half.

Delfouneso started brightly and faded a bit. He played up front and didn't really have the opportunity to stretch his legs. Scored his headed goal straight after my lad said his main weakness was he couldn't score. He should have had a second headed goal later.

Conway was steadyish. Scored what looked like a good goal (it was at the other end). I thought he looked like he was going to fall over everytime he ran with the ball. I've never noticed that before, was it just this game?

O'Sullivan did OK, he played in three positions. Up front on his own first half, he didn't make that much of an impression although he was a willing chaser of lost causes. Second half he played wide right and then behind Delfouneso when Mahoney came on and did better in both positions..

My MoM, Williamson. Solid and always available.

Credit to the group of fans to the right who provided lots of laughs for all with their outrageously funny singing. Esp the Sergeant Major when his voice started going.

Credit to the group of fans to the right who provided lots of laughs for all with their outrageously funny singing. Esp the Sergeant Major when his voice started going.

I've had a bit of a sense of humour bypass in recent weeks with all the cr@p that's going on.

Glad to hear a few fans just enjoying the day out and the football, all credit to you.

Hope you enjoyed the game Aggy.

Delfouneso worked hard and put himself about, seems strong, quick and gets in to decent positions. Would definitely take a chance on him, we need direct players like this to trouble championship defences rather than making a visit to Ewood a holiday for them.

Also Duffy & Hanley looked great together second half, constantly telling each other where to go etc which was good to see, if they can cut out the silly mistakes we saw last season (Hanley in particular, looks like he's got his head down more recently) they could form a nice partnership, after all they're both only 23.

Yet again O'Sullivan impressed, still raw but he's a good prospect and should be in the first team imo.

Archived