BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match Report: Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was nice to see them start a bit quicker and more aggressively obviously helped by having Guthrie in there but a bit hindered by Lowes sideways and backwards routine. Very disappointed the way we came out in the second half and plodded about. There was no urgency until the last 5 apart from the French lad when he came on. Bowyers teams very rarely keep up the intensity for an entire game. The successful sides in this division are able to do that most weeks.

the report is just one strand of your delusional support for GB to stay as manager. Your language would suggest that we're on the up, making a push etc. In reality we have a youth team manager who looks uncomfortable in a suit and in front of the interviewer, can't settle on a formation he thinks can work, buying loads of average midfielders and is slowly turning us into a bang average lower league team.

Whilst true, this is not the thread to air those views in. There are plenty of others. Feel free to copy the bits you don't agree with and post a response in another thread.

All reporting has a bias but this is not the LT and Parson doesn't get paid to publish these pieces. He does them out of the goodness of his heart. Show a bit of respect please.

Was nice to see them start a bit quicker and more aggressively obviously helped by having Guthrie in there but a bit hindered by Lowes sideways and backwards routine. Very disappointed the way we came out in the second half and plodded about. There was no urgency until the last 5 apart from the French lad when he came on. Bowyers teams very rarely keep up the intensity for an entire game. The successful sides in this division are able to do that most weeks.

Alarming lack of creativity in that mid-field. At the same time they are no real toughies either.

They are tappy and amorphous. Cannot possibly do well with that personel.

As for that Delfy character, God he was awful. I appreciate he hasn't had a full pre-season and,like others, has only just met his team-mates. But whose fault is that? Its what happens when you leave signings to the last minute.

Alarming lack of creativity in that mid-field. At the same time they are no real toughies either.

They are tappy and amorphous. Cannot possibly do well with that personel.

I thought they got stuck in a tad more than usual in the first half but didn't want to know after the break. The likes of Lowe and Evans must get fined if they play a forward pass.

The other option would be too disable comments on the thread if the report is intended to be a stand alone piece with no praise, criticism, or discussion permitted.

You are badly missing the point, it's not about rating report it's about having an opinion on the game.

If it differed, say how - I imagine parson doesn't care at all whether you find the informative or not! The problem we have is that FB disagrees with the review and questioned Parsons motives, agenda etc rather than just simply stating what he thought about the match.

If more people could just "play the ball not the man" (I'm quoting M.E) maybe this place wouldn't have as many snipers. How about we all go anonymous in user name for a spell!

Thanks for the match report PB. I wouldn't disagree with too much about it. The trouble is, results are the be-all and end-all, and a sickening home defeat in the first game of the season means that the pitchfork brigade is out in force already. I made my usual 400+ mile round trip to the game, and believe me I'm not a good loser, far from it. But I've watched enough football to know that we were worth at least a point against what is likely to be one of the better sides in this division, losing a blatant handball goal like that is not an 'excuse' as many are saying. It really happened, and first games of the season determine sweet FA. Otherwise we'd be talking about Leicester and West Ham battling it out for the title and Arsenal as relegation favourites. I also remember both Blackpool and Wigan starting the season with 4-0 away wins only to end up being relegated.

We all knew it was going to be a long old season but I saw enough on Saturday to think that we'll be ok. Long way to go yet chaps.

I rarely read those reports anyway. Having been to the matches I can see that they are written wearing blue an white glasses and the manager can do no wrong despite his tactics being little short of tragic. A typical example is Delf doing very little on the right wing then being switched into the centre with Marshall going into his proper position. Both played better and Delf was the main provider of the goal. So what does the idiot do? He switches them back in the second half and both become anonymous again. Bowyer is holding this team back and must be replaced.

I can see where you are coming from Al but I'd ask a question.

What period of the game do you think was the best from us? I'd say the first 25 minutes was by far our best period. I think it's quite understandable therefore that 2nd half for a while GB went back to that, don't you?

I've always enjoyed Parson's match consistently excellent reports, in our post PL world, seeing in depth coverage of our matches is a rarity, so keep it up!

However, as someone that has probably read every report since relegation, I've found Parson's 180 degree turnaround intriguing. In Bowyer's first season in which we actually played some good stuff and almost reached the playoffs, Parson was pretty negative about the whole situation.

Last season and now into this he sees very little, if anything wrong with Bowyer's approach, tactics, results etc, even though 2014/15 was a bitter disapointment and IMO Bowyer hasn't improved in any way, shape or form.

Parson puts a lot of time to give an excellently written, optimistic yet balanced view of a match, a hell of a lot more than you do.

Understand you disagree but have a bit of class about it.

Thanks Parson for the report. Much appreciated.

Class? Fenny? Those two words don't really belong in the same sentence. ^_^

It's not balanced. There's always a tinge of GB love in there and it's all someone else's fault

:o Eh? It bloody well was someone else's fault! The inept / incompetent officials.

I agree the reports are fair, it's the Bowyer propaganda in the closing comments that I struggle to stomach .

And who are you to think your opinion is more valid than mine?

chaddy's might not be but mine definitely is. Bowyer propaganda my arse. PB's a BRFC fan and is simply being positive. Tell you what Fennyblue you do one on Tuesday night and we'll compare it.

Anonymous user names would make things a million times worse, plus you'd know pretty quickly who the likes of ABBEY and Gord were as they have distinctive posting styles.

Abbey often uses capitals so that's easy, but me? Really? Have I?

Class? Fenny? Those two words don't really belong in the same sentence. ^_^

:o Eh? It bloody well was someone else's fault! The inept / incompetent officials.

chaddy's might not be but mine definitely is. Bowyer propaganda my arse. PB's a BRFC fan and is simply being positive. Tell you what Fennyblue you do one on Tuesday night and we'll compare it.

I can do it now.

Played crap, manager can't manage, out again to lower league team.

I can do it now.

Played crap, manager can't manage, out again to lower league team.

Can I review your (p)review with the charming personal angle you introduced to proceedings.

"Nothing of value to say - lacks detail, wit or insight. Appears to live in a world of endless anguish divorced from reality. Strange comments of "going out to lower league team" when in the FA cup we beat two premier league teams to reach the quarter finals and then forced a replay."

Fensicowles, welcome to Ignoreland.

Thanks for the match report PB. I wouldn't disagree with too much about it. The trouble is, results are the be-all and end-all, and a sickening home defeat in the first game of the season means that the pitchfork brigade is out in force already. I made my usual 400+ mile round trip to the game, and believe me I'm not a good loser, far from it. But I've watched enough football to know that we were worth at least a point against what is likely to be one of the better sides in this division, losing a blatant handball goal like that is not an 'excuse' as many are saying. It really happened, and first games of the season determine sweet FA. Otherwise we'd be talking about Leicester and West Ham battling it out for the title and Arsenal as relegation favourites. I also remember both Blackpool and Wigan starting the season with 4-0 away wins only to end up being relegated.

We all knew it was going to be a long old season but I saw enough on Saturday to think that we'll be ok. Long way to go yet chaps.

Pitchfork brigade ? Oh jolly good another member of the happy clapping club

• Backroom

Abbey often uses capitals so that's easy, but me? Really? Have I?

I'm pretty sure I'd be able to tell your posts if they were made anonymous. As soon as you used the word "rem", made a comment about rubbers and pencils, or slapped down a labour-supporting post I'd know it was you ;)

The phrase which seems to cause concern is that the "club continues to move forward". The meaning I intended was that after the departure of King, Cairney and Gestede and the arrival of the four new players the club continues to move on. Whether you feel that the club is moving forward in the 'right direction' is another matter and very much a cause of debate.

Was it right to trial new tactics against lower league opposition in preseason rather than do it against higher level opposition that would have been more challenging.

Pitchfork brigade ? Oh jolly good another member of the happy clapping club

I was actually referring to 4 clowns who were sat behind me in the Darwen End, who were screaming vitriolic insults to Bowyer as soon as the first Wolves goal went in, and didn't pause for breath for the remaining hour of the match and after it, but if the cap fits.....

I think you're probably the first person ever to describe me as a Rovers Fan, there is somewhere between the two extremes you know.

I was actually referring to 4 clowns who were sat behind me in the Darwen End, who were screaming vitriolic insults to Bowyer as soon as the first Wolves goal went in, and didn't pause for breath for the remaining hour of the match and after it,

The enemy within. We'd been pretty well on top until then. No doubt the same knobs who booed Allardyce when we were 3-0 up with 5 mins to go. The clubs probably better off without that sort.

I was actually referring to 4 clowns who were sat behind me in the Darwen End, who were screaming vitriolic insults to Bowyer as soon as the first Wolves goal went in, and didn't pause for breath for the remaining hour of the match and after it, but if the cap fits.....

I think you're probably the first person ever to describe me as a Rovers Fan, there is somewhere between the two extremes you know.

Four fans ain't exactly a brigade

Theyve had enough though . I for one can't blame them

Yes but bizarrely, they carried on even when we equalised, writing our goal off as 'a fluke'. I simply don't understand the mentality of people like that, what a joyless existence they must have.

Archived