SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Positive Sanctuary - 'Happy Clappers' Always Welcome

Pedro

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone said in early Nobember that we would have the embargo lifted, have an experienced manager and coaching setup in place, be winning back to back away games and be within touching distance of the play offs and most importantly, be falling back in love with Rovers...we wouldn't have believed it.

I'd also never have believed that I'd be looking forward to a cold, wet match against Rotherham so much.

This team has quality, the management have experience and quality.

The club has had a clean sweep, its still undergoing an MOT but believe me there is a positiveness about BRFC that we haven't seen in a long long while and please let it continue.

With a little tinkering and with the club on a positive footing, things can only get better and better.

Even Chris Brown looked a different player when he came on today !

Even Chris Brown looked a different player when he came on today !

People need to give him a fresh start. I'm never one to get on a players back, it doesn't do any good (although I made exception for Danny Murphy). I want everyone in that squad to do well and I agree, I feel we are on the edge of something special. You can't keep a good club down.

• Backroom

People need to give him a fresh start. I'm never one to get on a players back, it doesn't do any good (although I made exception for Danny Murphy). I want everyone in that squad to do well and I agree, I feel we are on the edge of something special. You can't keep a good club down.

I don't think Brown will be here too much longer anyway. I agree that there's nothing to gain in hounding him during matches, but at the same time he's not of the required standard and I'd expect Lambert to eventually bring in better. Whether that's in January or the summer remains to be seen, but I don't expect Brown to be with us next season regardless.

I don't think Brown will be here too much longer anyway. I agree that there's nothing to gain in hounding him during matches, but at the same time he's not of the required standard and I'd expect Lambert to eventually bring in better. Whether that's in January or the summer remains to be seen, but I don't expect Brown to be with us next season regardless.

Yeah he's way off. We've been blessed with some quality strikers over the years but he's never going to be one of them. I'd be more than happy with a couple of important late goals off the bench.

• 1 year later...
On 12/5/2015 at 21:38, Pedro said:

Christ, what was I smoking?

Still rattling around my head just how absolutely galling losing 3 - 1 at home to @#/? Doncaster Rovers is. I'm not happy, and certainly not clapping, but positives from that utter farce on Saturday:

Dack, Samuel, and Gladwin (thought it was Chapman when I was watching the game) looked all looked lively when they came on. 2-3 of them should obviously have started.

I thought Smallwood looked decent too.

At the risk of getting slaughtered, I do like Bennett a lot. He's limited, sure. He should be a cog in a well-functioning machine, not the fulcrum that Mowbray seems to fancy him as. On Saturday his crossing was absolutely atrocious, but for me, at least he looked like he gave a @#/?. He gets stuck into tackles and is happy to square up to opposition players. He's not a number ten, piece of footballing class, but I appreciate his enrgy and attitude.

To repeat, he's worth a place in the side, but he'll never be the chief creative force. We shouldn't be relying on him for that and I can't understand what Mowbray is expecting from him thus far.

I love threads like these.

Before this season, the last and only time we lost to Southend (3-0) we actually got into the play-offs and Speedie sent us up to the Premiershit. That's got to count for something.

Also, I'm told that during the home defeat to Doncaster that nobody died. So it's all good.

Onwards and upwards.

18 hours ago, Husky said:

I love threads like these.

Before this season, the last and only time we lost to Southend (3-0) we actually got into the play-offs and Speedie sent us up to the Premiershit. That's got to count for something.

Also, I'm told that during the home defeat to Doncaster that nobody died. So it's all good.

Onwards and upwards.

I know I died a little bit after that result which added to the little bit after Southend adds up to a bigger bit getting bigger by the match.

There are many that I know who would see the accumulation of these 'little bits' in reference to me as a great positive. My current wife being one and I am positive on that one.

I am also positive that it was the Willie Nelson pic that set me on this ramble.

• Guest changed the title to The Positive Sanctuary - 'Happy Clappers' Always Welcome

Archived