BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton Away 22Nd August

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone heard anything else about players on the @#/? yesterday and the strange illness that suddenly struck both right back players and left us with not enough bodies to fill the bench ? Today has been a strange day in the mad world of Blackburn Rovers :o

Hope Parsonblue and the band of Rovers Fans are still happy with the stability and progress Gaz has brought.

FFS, our club is dying and Bowyer is hastening our death.

At least we are at the games supporting the club and the players. If supporting the club makes me a Rovers Fan, I more than happy and pleased to be one.

Hey, d i c k head, at least get your facts right. I have posted every day this last week.As far being delighted, I placed bets on both Rovers to win and to win by 3 goals to 1 so I am anything but delighted.

FFS! put him on ignore and save you and us a load of grief. Win-win!

I've read this twice and am still not clear what you are on about. Anyway, keep positive, we will need that in Div 1.

Want to read it again slowly and try and piece it together again? go on I'll give you one last try, if you still cant grasp it i'll put it in simple terms for the less able amongst us.

Oh and BTW I do sit in one of the 3 camps I mentioned but with a 33.3% chance of labelling me to one of them... thats a Swing & A Miss :tu:

Having been and holiday and therefore not posted for a fortnight, I can safely say that if we don't beat Bolton on Friday then I'm all for Bowyer Out. Reading some of tweets of today: Duffy up front for the final minutes? Really? GB's tactics and decision making really are inexcusable. He's done a job in getting us securely mid table, but if he stays any longer I fear we may be heading for League One. So for me, Friday is the make or break. If we don't win, I can see Bowyer getting loads of abuse and protests starting. And I know it's early days but 2 points from 4 league games among the absolutely stellar (sarcasm) likes of Huddersfield etc is disgraceful. 22nd place At the moment too.

How can you say he's made us "securely mid-table"? I don't follow that bit. I wish we were mind!

Want to read it again slowly and try and piece it together again? go on I'll give you one last try, if you still cant grasp it i'll put it in simple terms for the less able amongst us.

Oh and BTW I do sit in one of the 3 camps I mentioned but with a 33.3% chance of labelling me to one of them... thats a Swing & A Miss :tu:[/size] [/size]

Sorry, you are obviously too clever for me! No clearer.

Very unfortunate not to get at least a point today. The difference between the teams was a deflected goal otherwise two very even sides. We had chances, good chances, but we didn't make the most of them - although their 'keeper made some good saves. It was an encouraging performance but we need some points on the board before long. Personally, disappointed with Guthrie today - looked a tad slow at times. Akpan continues to impress whilst the front two worked hard and seems to have struck up a promising partnership.

Can I ask how the back 4 played and the centre back partnership Duffy and Hanley played

Can I ask how the back 4 played and the centre back partnership Duffy and Hanley played

Hanley and Duffy were better as a partnership but still have a long way to go to be totally convincing. Marshall was so-so at right back but not keen on Spurr at left-back - he looked slow and apart from the long throw I'm not sure what he contributes.

Ok back to basics:

Camp 1: The so-called "Rovers Fans" - Support Bowyer no matter the results as they believe he is doing a grand job.

Camp 2: The so-called "Doom Mongers" - Believe Bowyer has taken the club as far as he can and it's now time to move forward without him.

Camp 3: The so-called "Fence Sitters" - Refuse to commit to one camp or the other

1st part of the post is about the fence sitters who keep saying "Let's judge after 10 League games or the Bolton game" being full of @#/?. You either believe he is good enough or you don't, what is the use of giving him more games if you don't have the confidence in him? it just make our situation all the more difficult with less time to fix the problems that clearly exist. 2nd part is the simple fact that Camp 1 & Camp 2 are constantly making not only this messageboard but anything associated with the club in a public forum a toxic environment with the constant bickering back and forth of who's right and wrong... with me so far?

Now the final point of the post is: While you might disagree with one another at least you have picked a side of the fence and are sticking to it whole heartedly hence the similarity of eachother, but both would rather keep up the hate and make the day to day of being a supporter of this club even more difficult. All while Camp 3 keep stirring the pot laughing when one side inevitably bites.

We played reasonably well but lost. In the final analysis playing well gets no points and so does losing. Come May we could be the unluckiest team ever to be relegated.

I am still in disbelief about the fact we only had six substitutes due to the illness of Lowe and Henley. Why on earth did they not travel with a bigger squad or even fly a couple of players down on Saturday morning. This is real Sunday League stuff. As somebody quite rightly pointed out what if Raya or Steele had been ill.

So we end up with potentially our most creative player (I know he has been poor thus far) at right back and a clearly unfit debutant starting. And for the last ten minutes or so he brings on Kilgallon to put Duffy up front and to keep a back four intact. Why not gamble with three at the back?

All in all another really frustrating day in the life of a Rovers fan but we are getting used to these now.

We played reasonably well but lost. In the final analysis playing well gets no points and so does losing. Come May we could be the unluckiest team ever to be relegated.

I am still in disbelief about the fact we only had six substitutes due to the illness of Lowe and Henley. Why on earth did they not travel with a bigger squad or even fly a couple of players down on Saturday morning. This is real Sunday League stuff. As somebody quite rightly pointed out what if Raya or Steele had been ill.

So we end up with potentially our most creative player (I know he has been poor thus far) at right back and a clearly unfit debutant starting. And for the last ten minutes or so he brings on Kilgallon to put Duffy up front and to keep a back four intact. Why not gamble with three at the back?

All in all another really frustrating day in the life of a Rovers fan but we are getting used to these now.

I find it very strange that Lowe and Henley were both ill considering the events of Tuesday. Bust up?

I don't buy the illness thing for one min and to not take enough players down to cover a crisis is diabolical really. Too many rumours on this for it not to be dodgy. Players fly down south, get there early then some go on the lash allegedly then all of a sudden a few are left out because they have a bug, yeah right. One or two young lads knocking about our way know these players so it'll come out shortly, it always does.

On the performance it sounds like we were ok but pretty standard in getting cut open easily and letting in a soft/unfortunate goal. One thing we have to say is at least we don't capitulate after going behind early which is good, always a chance to get back in it. Missed a couple of good chances to equalise but they missed a number of opportunities to kill us off. My mate who went and has no agenda pro/against Gaz says the result was about right in all fairness.

I find it very strange that Lowe and Henley were both ill considering the events of Tuesday. Bust up?

There is a specific reason why it is incredibly coincidental that it was these two particular players and no-one else that reportedly "fell ill" and were apparently unavailable for selection.

It could just be an innocent case case of illness as reported but it will be interesting to see if anything further develops on this over the coming days.

if it is a genuine illness i still cant believe they didnt take an extra 2 or players in case of illness or injury. . Crazy .Not to have a full compliment of subs at this level itis scandelous . Sunday morning pub team you can accept this with hangovers but not a proffesional team in the 2nd tier of english football.

if it is a genuine illness i still cant believe they didnt take an extra 2 or players in case of illness or injury. . Crazy .Not to have a full compliment of subs at this level itis scandelous . Sunday morning pub team you can accept this with hangovers but not a proffesional team in the 2nd tier of english football.

Agree with you on that Abbey. Strange really, because Bowyer always includes a couple of the younger players on away duty - they usually warm up with the team before the game and at half-time - to give them experience. I would be interested to know why we didn't on this occasions. Surely we can't be cost cutting on hotel rooms!

Agree with you on that Abbey. Strange really, because Bowyer always includes a couple of the younger players on away duty - they usually warm up with the team before the game and at half-time - to give them experience. I would be interested to know why we didn't on this occasions. Surely we can't be cost cutting on hotel rooms!

The smell of Reeves and Mortimer Shaw and Myers

There is something fishy about the entire weekend. It doesnt add up.

Drinking rumours , mystery illness, not enough players to fill the squad, bowyers late comments, the sun , the denial,

I know its venky world but something is very strange about it all.

Drinking rumours , mystery illness, not enough players to fill the squad, bowyers late comments, the sun , the denial,

Probably just a coincidence, but Henley & Lowe are our main right-backs. Makes me wonder if there was some kind of spat over team selection and he left the two of them out under the guise of 'illness'.

I would agree that this weekend has been bizarre even by our standards.

Probably just a coincidence, but Henley & Lowe are our main right-backs. Makes me wonder if there was some kind of spat over team selection and he left the two of them out under the guise of 'illness'.

He could just have dropped both and put them on the bench and said it was tactical. Maybe it was and he didn't want the stick for doing it so put it out that they were i'll.

So they had a punch up or were @#/? then. Are these more plausible ?

Maybe it's a new thing we're trying? Poison those players who haven't been selected to play on a Friday night so as not to upset them, just blame it on the Curry or a bad pint. No one will fall out with the manager and the players will feel genuinely sick to miss out on playing.

So they had a punch up or were @#/? then. Are these more plausible ?

Tom yes thats more plausible than ..hey lads im dropping you lets pretend youre ill so no one will shout at me and lets go a player light on the bench and hope no one notices .....i ll get less stick for that than for dropping you ..

If that was realllyyyyy the case no wonder he was "sacked" last evening ..

I do think people are reading too much into some things ...

Archived