BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton Away 22Nd August

What would ppl teams and formation would be for this game?

My team would be:- Raya; Henley, Duffy, Hanley, Spurr; Akpan, Guthrie; Barrow, Marshall, Conway; Delfouneso.

Subs:- Steele, Lowe, Olsson, Kilgallon, Koita, Rhodes, Williamson.

Formation is 4-2-3-1. With either Marshall or Barrow in the hole behind Delfouneso.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason you've picked Raya is because Bowyer will. The only reason you've picked Spurr is because Bowyer probably will. The reason you've put Marshall as a number 10 is because Bowyer will.

I'd swap Raya, Duffy and Spurr for Steele, Kilgallon and Olsson, Guthrie and Barrow for Marshall and Lowe, then take out Delfounso to either bring in Rhodes or alternatively, O'Sullivan centrally.

I've picked Raya cos I pick him at the start of the season so I'm not going to drop after 1 mistake.

Thought Spurr played well on Tuesday. Plus his set pieces will add to the team away from home.

On Marshall in the hole, I want him and Barrow either in the hole. Maybe Barrow cos his pace and tricky will causes them problems. Tho, I have mention Marshall in the hole alot of time on here

Delfouneso plays cos Rhodes wont be able to play alot of the game cos of his ankle injury. Maybe 20 mins of the game will be the best he can do.

500 tickets sold so far, hopefully we'll get up to the 750 mark on the day. For me if we start badly like we have done in the first 3 games it could be a long afternoon, we were lucky to only be 1 down at Huddersfield at half time and for me if we go 1-0 down early this Saturday brighton will punish us. Still, if we start well who knows. I'm going to go for another 1-1 draw. Koita to open his account for us

Raya has looked shaky throughout and his kicking is a liability.

And Olsson is 10x the player Spurr is, but hey lets drop last years player of the season.

Olsson was awful against Huddersfield. Allowed Scannell far too space and time in the 1st half in the game.

On Raya, I've have already explained my reasons for sticking with him.

I'm going for 2 nil away win with Rhodes scoring and Marshall scoring in the last minute

• Backroom

I would like to see:

raya

Henley duffy Hanley Olsson

Marshall Akpan Guthrie Conway

Barrow

Delfounso

If Rhodes is fit swap him for ND.

I expect him to go

Raya

Henley Duffy Hanley Spurr

Barrow Lowe Guthrie Conway

Marshall

Delf

Tough one to call, certainly winnable and one we really need to win though.

Will be our toughest game of the season so far.

Other than half a dozen teams, I think any of the other teams in the Championship that has a decent manager can break into the top 6. Hughton comes into the very decent category whilst Bowyer has failed miserably in getting Rovers into the top 6. For these reasons, I think Brighton will have a good season and, sadly, will have far too much wherewithal for Rovers on Saturday.

I will go for 3-1 Brighton with the pressure getting close to breaking point for Bowyer.

We badly need a new manager who offers positivity, hope and inspiration.

Can someone tell me why on earth anyone would play BM anywhere other than the wing.? His best performances have come out wide crossing with quality beating full backs etc....

Spot on.

Some have a strange fixation about Marshall 'in the hole' !

• Moderation Lead

Hughton's a very hit and miss manager for me, the only time he's looked 'very decent' was at Newcastle when he got them promoted from this league, but he had a bigger budget and more fans every week than any club!

Think we'll get done at least 2-0 on Saturday. Though it doesn't matter who I think should play as Bowyer will pick whoever he wants, think it should be as follows:

Steele

Henley Hanley Kilgallon Olson

Conway Akpan Guthrie Barrow

Koita

Delfouneso

(assuming JR is out injured still)

Can someone tell me why on earth anyone would play BM anywhere other than the wing.? His best performances have come out wide crossing with quality beating full backs etc....

Must admit it has me stumped also! Lad's a winger, crossing is his strength!

Olsson was awful against Huddersfield. Allowed Scannell far too space and time in the 1st half in the game.

On Raya, I've have already explained my reasons for sticking with him.

I'm going for 2 nil away win with Rhodes scoring and Marshall scoring in the last minute

Your logic for sticking with Raya but agreeing with Olsson being dropped after a bad 'un doesn't quite add up.

Anyway moving on, I'm a fan of Olsson and would have left him in BUT I also like Spurr and apart from the build up to their goal he had a decent game I thought. He lacks the pace but is more solid and offers more in defending set pieces I think. His throws are a weapon but as usual they haven't figured out how best to position people in the box for them. I absolutely detest swapping people around unless it's really necessary so I'd leave him now.

Get back to the tried and tested 442 and we'll get a draw, persist with the new formation and it's a routine win for the home side.

Steele

Henley, Hanley, Duffy, Spurr

Marshy, Aky, Guthrie, Conway

Barrow, Fonzy

Brighton 2 Rovers 2 (Duffy, Fonz)

Team for me...

Raya

Henley Hanley Duffy Ollson

Barrow Guthrie akpon Conway

Fonz koita

Marshall needs to be dropped

Lowe should never be in the team

I'd go with exactly the same. (Assuming Rhodes is injured)

• Moderation Lead

We've got a left-footed winger in Barrow, so for me, it's what we haven't had for a while, balls to this inverted wingers nonsense we don't have Robben and Ribery down the flanks!

I was going to go, but after the innocuous start I'm not wasting £100.

Brighton are decent at home, think they'll turn us over, 1-3

Mate asked if I fancied it . Really can't be arsed wasting money on negative burning football followed by the venkwashing bowyer talk afterwards .

3-0

My team would be: Raya Henley Hanley Kilgallon Olsson Conway Apkan Guthrie Barrow Delfy Koita in a 442.

Don't think 1 poor game should see Raya or Olsson dropped especially as Raya did well v Hudds and Olsson was player of the season last year. Marshall and Lowe have been poor all season and in Barrow and Apkan we have people performing better in those roles.

Mind you this won't be the team we play. But I wouldn't be too disheartened if Spurr remains in due to his useful long throw, nor if Barrow starts up top as his pace will still cause them problems.

No idea how we'll do. As long as we stay away from the 451 that doesn't work we've as much chance of winning as losing. Imo the championship is full of mediocre teams that on their day can be good but also can be very poor and just as likely to be bad as good.

Will go in the middle and say a 1-1 draw but really it could be anything. Wouldn't be surprised by our first win or an absolute tubbing either.

Archived