BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton Away 22Nd August

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm quite impressed with how the squad's shaping up at the minute. It's just a shame Bowyer probably has no idea how to use them.

Anyhow, my team would be:

Steele

Olsson Kilgallon Duffy Henley

Petchi

Barrow Conway

Akpan

Deffounso Koita

I'd play the diamond in the hope that it would restore the broken link, which we currently have between the central midfielders and strikers. We really do struggle passing it directly forward, from the centre of midfield.

• Backroom

For some reason I thought we were playing Huddersfield (even though we played them last week) hence my 'very winnable' comment.

That first win is needed but a point would be decent tomorrow.

I'm quite impressed with how the squad's shaping up at the minute. It's just a shame Bowyer probably has no idea how to use them.

Anyhow, my team would be:

Steele

Olsson Kilgallon Duffy Henley

Petchi

Barrow Conway

Akpan

Deffounso Koita

I'd play the diamond in the hope that it would restore the broken link, which we currently have between the central midfielders and strikers. We really do struggle passing it directly forward, from the centre of midfield.

Fair enough but you'd be better getting the defence in the right way. That's a proper Gaz line up, everyone on their wrong foot at the back :lol:

Olsson was awful against Huddersfield. Allowed Scannell far too space and time in the 1st half in the game.

On Raya, I've have already explained my reasons for sticking with him.

Chaddy which goalie was you championing last season you seem to have an obsession with the goalkeeping role

I'm expecting a beating..anything else is a bonus.

When you look at our fixture list and every game seems a mountain to climb then you really know matters are bad. :(

This is where we are at,this is what we have been reduced to.

Aye and it's not like most of us didn't know it was coming. Massive few weeks ahead.

It's interesting to see some many posters banging the drum for one up front. Having been to every game this season, when we play with a lone striker, we've hardly threatened. Although I get it's top of the league we're playing, surely we're giving up before kicking off if we go 1 upfront.

It's interesting to see some many posters banging the drum for one up front. Having been to every game this season, when we play with a lone striker, we've hardly threatened. Although I get it's top of the league we're playing, surely we're giving up before kicking off if we go 1 upfront.

I don't like it, never works for us really. Unless they stuck Brown up front as a battering ram and packed the strongest 5 in the middle, go long and try and force them to do the same in the hope of grinding out something I see no point in it for a game like this.

Brighton are no great shakes, 2 wins and a draw so far, but all 3 games have been very close.

They drew 1-1 at Hudds but my 'Town fan mate' said they were a very average team and lucky to get a point,

their goalkeeper Stockdale saved them from defeat, hanging-on at the end.

No doubt GB will say they were favourites for promotion, whatever the result tomorrow.

They have only scored one goal in their last 5 home games, Surprisingly Rovers are unbeaten in 9 away games,

3 wins, 6 draws.

1-1.

Chaddy which goalie was you championing last season you seem to have an obsession with the goalkeeping role

That was Steele last season. I have explained my reasons for why I thought Robinson wasnt good enough. (And before AL and Abbey start saying that I hated Robbo. That wasnt the case. I just gave my HONEST opinion on him. They will say different but I have been honest with my views..some ppl wont like that but thats not my problem. )

We are going to get lamped. Bowyer hasn't got a clue what to do with the players at his disposal.

Just had to read that three times! I got really excited. I though it said we're going to get lampard! :o

Time for a new prescription methinks, these readers aren't what they used to be!

Anyway, on the game, I'll be pleased with a draw the way things are, however we (and Gaz) need a win and he has a habit of pulling one out of the hat when his ar$e is hanging out, so I'm going to go for a 1-2 after us going 0-2 up in the first half then clinging on for dear life. Hanley & Fonzy.

Archived