BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton Away 22Nd August

I'm not sure about an EHD personality but there is no doubt we need players in midfield and attack who make the opposition feel physically intimidated. We don't have players who work in this way and when added to the utter predictability of our play life is pretty easy for the opposition most of the time.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure about an EHD personality but there is no doubt we need players in midfield and attack who make the opposition feel physically intimidated. We don't have players who work in this way and when added to the utter predictability of our play life is pretty easy for the opposition most of the time.

Pedestrian as well as predictable from what I saw last season. Sloppy passing with a sluggish tempo indicative of a lack of confidence for me.

Pedestrian as well as predictable from what I saw last season. Sloppy passing with a sluggish tempo indicative of a lack of confidence for me.

Yes I think that is all accurate. Why the lack of confidence I don't know. Presumably it comes from not believing in the tactics, an expectation of defeat or the consequences of not playing as instructed? The last being unlikely as I can't imagine GB laying in to offenders.

I've seen Hanley shout at teammates in the way you suggest but this is by far the minority of times I see him yelling at people. It's most noticeable when he's about five yards inside our half.

Can't say I've seen anything which suggests Hanley and Duffy hate each other or that there is disharmony amongst the players towards each other.

While I fully see the huge problems we face using the MB as one's only source of info, and I realise your choice is limited by circumstance, the only impression one can get is a negative one. I'm always happy to see Hanley, Kilgallon or Duffy in the team sheet - you can be sure they will give it all they have. That might not be good enough but they don't shrink from the challenge.

From what I have seen they don't get on. Fine not to be chummy off the pitch - but I think we have two young players - both thinking they should be calling the shots at the back.

Hanley and Duffy play too far apart, and only seem to talk when they shout at each other.

We have two decent centre backs there - but is the manager strong enough to tell them to get over their own ego's and pull together for the team. Give Alex Ferguson 5 minutes 'chatting' with Hanley and Duffy and we would have a good partnership. Has Bowyer got the stones?!

I'm over this website I think. Came to see who we might play tomorrow, what the new lad offers, are there any injuries and what people would consider a good result.

Instead it's the same people failing at comedy repeating the same boring posts over and over. You call the manager groundhog, well the irony is stark lads.

This place is the definition of Groundhog Day.

Happy days;)

From what I have seen they don't get on. Fine not to be chummy off the pitch - but I think we have two young players - both thinking they should be calling the shots at the back.

Hanley and Duffy play too far apart, and only seem to talk when they shout at each other.

We have two decent centre backs there - but is the manager strong enough to tell them to get over their own ego's and pull together for the team. Give Alex Ferguson 5 minutes 'chatting' with Hanley and Duffy and we would have a good partnership. Has Bowyer got the stones?!

You seemed to go from hugely supportive to thoroughly disappointed in Bowyer in the space of 24 hours last week! Have I got that right?

Its clearly in their best and longer term interests to get on. Both young players with potentially good futures ahead. Lets hope they really start to gel as clean sheets are imperative.

Friends are going today and asked if I wanted to join them. I would have found it very hard to say no once upon a time, but with little confidence I am happy to work instead. Well done to all those who travel today. Credit to the club and I hope the on pitch effort matches the effort and expenditure displayed by the travelling supporters.

I'm over this website I think. Came to see who we might play tomorrow, what the new lad offers, are there any injuries and what people would consider a good result.

Instead it's the same people failing at comedy repeating the same boring posts over and over. You call the manager groundhog, well the irony is stark lads.

I enjoy your posts jbizzle, if not always agreeing. I think you, 333, parson and chaddy amongts others have added decent balance to debates at times, albeit often in the minority. I used to think like you did and was very supportive / positive and objective at all times. Because I believed we had good intentions from top to bottom. We have all had the love of the club knocked out of us to some degree and in the abscence of decency, honesty and any common sense, you will understand why a lack of respect and ridicule quickly follows from long-standing, knowledgeable, genuine supporters.

Lots of people staying on topic talking on this thread. Its not being a doomonger stating the team may lose if that is your opinion on a game thread.

• Moderation Lead

You're being a bit melodramatic lad. I accept the same people waiting for others to post so they can have a pop are annoying, but stick them on ignore if they bother you that much. This site needs balance, it's boring as hell to see such repetition and over reaction, and the lack of ability to grasp the fact that things aren't always one extreme or the other.

Face it your addicted to the MB like everyone else and if we win today you won't be able to resist, infact if we go on an unbeaten run you and a few others can have a field day :lol:

I'll get your handbag for you :tu:

The mb is a reflection of the club at the minute.

You are never going to get what you want from it because others want different things. News, community, banter, an outlet to vent. Stick those people you don't want to read on ignore and the board becomes a different place. Now, if the software could remove the notification that people on your ignore list have even posted and any replies it would be great. Every now and again have an ignore list amnesty.

You have the power!

DA7BD55A-45C9-4C7C-A8A1-C695714D54AB.jpg

only 23 years since we beat 'em. Should be fine. 2-1 Rovers

Positive spin is that Rovers only lost twice to Brighton during those 23 years. :rover:

There has never been a 0-0 between Rovers & Brighton - maybe today? :unsure:

FFS Leeds are on TV again today - I'm going to force myself to watch ManUre v Toon

I hope you stay. I enjoy your posts even though I do not always agree with you, always well composed.

Quite like just the 3 paragraphs though. ^_^

I hope you stay. I enjoy your posts even though I do not always agree with you, always well composed.

Quite like just the 3 paragraphs though. ^_^

He's going nowhere! It's Groundhog Day but Bill Murray has checked in at the Hotel California. :P

Rovers player? any good? worth the cash?

I know nothing about it, but now living outside the Bburn area now with no commentary options I'm considering it.

Anyone? Is it Radio Rovers biased, because I can't listen to that nonsense?

I know nothing about it, but now living outside the Bburn area now with no commentary options I'm considering it.

Rovers player is radio rovers mate. Not worth the money, although if you are living out of the area suppose its worth it.

• Backroom

There has never been a 0-0 between Rovers & Brighton - maybe today? :unsure:

I admire your optimism, but if our defence can't keep the likes of Shrewsbury and Huddersfield out it seems unlikely we'll be able to stop Brighton scoring at least one.

It is Radio Rovers, of course it's biased but I'd say it's still worth it as it's not that expensive and you can watch the whole game, often on the next day, but yeah, the commentary isn't great and their interviews are pretty poor, rubbish at coming up with questions even when not showing bias

You can always listen to the oppos commentary. I did last season a lot and some were very good and non partisan.

it may be streamed by bbc local radio in sussex. I always check the local bbc sites when i am in as sometimes they are on. Unless its changed

Archived