BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton Away 22Nd August

2-0 Brighton.

Oh how robbed we will be. Only lost because of ffp, referee cheating us in some way but we will be magnificent and will give it a right good go in last 5 minutes once game gone. Plus indirectly mentioning only took 1000 ish whereas someone like Leeds would have taken 3000 and who knows with extra support but if we win fans were terrific.

Fear not its not only about results and we have made 6000% profit on gestede and Marshall.

Over to groundhog gaz. The post match as predictably dull as the 90 minutes.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is have a right good go."

"Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? We've done ever so well."

"Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,

Disguise fair nature with hard-favored rage,
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect,
And have a right good go."
"Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war; Have a right good go."
"- This is blasphemy! This is madness! - Madness...? This ... IS ... A RIGHT GOOD GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
This is the kind of foam-specked righteous inspirational invective that "Our Gary" should be pumping the troops up with.
I can just see all the players gathered round, inspired and emotional, quite and reflective, at which point Jason Lowe says: "Yes Gaffer".

Just had to read that three times! I got really excited. I though it said we're going to get lampard! :o

Time for a new prescription methinks, these readers aren't what they used to be!

Anyway, on the game, I'll be pleased with a draw the way things are, however we (and Gaz) need a win and he has a habit of pulling one out of the hat when his ar$e is hanging out, so I'm going to go for a 1-2 after us going 0-2 up in the first half then clinging on for dear life. Hanley & Fonzy.

Funniest post on this MB for some time. Thanks Windy.

Team for me...

Raya

Henley Hanley Duffy Ollson

Barrow Guthrie akpon Conway

Fonz koita

Marshall needs to be dropped

Lowe should never be in the team

Same team for me. We look much better in 442.

If Koita isnt fit then hopefully Rhodes is. If Rhodes still isn't also then Barrow up top and play Marshall on the wing.

I've picked Raya cos I pick him at the start of the season so I'm not going to drop after 1 mistake.

3 mistakes that cost 3 goals IMO

I'd go:

Eastwood

Henley, Hanley, Killgallon, Ollson

Barrow, Guthrie, Hope, Conway

Delfonso, Rhodes.

If Rhodes isn't fit I'd play Marshall and let him and Barrow switch between wing and in the hole.

gary.jpg

Says: "Eh up, Gaz Groundhog ere. I hope you're all havin' a reet good Friday neet. Lowey and Granty on team sheet tmorrow, I'm takin the rest of the lambs clubbin' in Brighton toneet. First 9 fellas to get their bums felt make the team sheet".

The longer we go without a win, the more each game becomes 'must win' and the more pressure on Bowyer.

In the cold light of day, a draw is probably a good result. In the context of our season, we are going to need an upset at some point.

2-0 Brighton. Hanley and Lowe will start without question, Raya is currently in value-building process so I assume he'll start too.

I'm assuming (I could be wrong) that you are having a dig at Hanley. Which I think is a little harsh. I've seen him play at both home league games and he has been faultless so far. He also looks trimmer and appears to have knuckled down this summer.

I also thought kilgallon was woeful against Shrewsbury; I think his weakness is in the air.

I thought Hanley was below par last season but the fans need to give him a chance this season.

I'm assuming (I could be wrong) that you are having a dig at Hanley. Which I think is a little harsh. I've seen him play at both home league games and he has been faultless so far. He also looks trimmer and appears to have knuckled down this summer.

I also thought kilgallon was woeful against Shrewsbury; I think his weakness is in the air.

I thought Hanley was below par last season but the fans need to give him a chance this season.

He's not having a dig at Hanley, simply stating he will play. Although his performances have improved, as a unit the continued failure to keep clean sheets would make it tricky for any defender to complain if replaced.

Seems to have worked on his boorish oaf-like on pitch temperament as well, but its early days yet. Have to say I still think he could make a decent player. A tougher manager and experienced / respected partner would help whilst he's still younger.

We don't rate clean sheets. Not being negative, but I think we will struggle in this game. I think we will huff and puff at some stage and might just nick one, but it won't be enough. Brighton 2 - Rovers 1.

No game looks easy when you can't keep clean sheets. My biggest gripe with Bowyer.

We don't rate clean sheets. Not being negative, but I think we will struggle in this game. I think we will huff and puff at some stage and might just nick one, but it won't be enough. Brighton 2 - Rovers 1.

No game looks easy when you can't keep clean sheets. My biggest gripe with Bowyer.

On this much we agree. There appeared to be a slight improvement toward the back end of last season but it seems that we are back to conceding daft goals again.

I don't think the opposition have any misgivings about playing us, we are fairly easygoing, certainly there's no nasty side to our team and always a soft goal in us. There appears insufficient grit and determination under Bowyer too.

I imagine that there will be a regulation 2-0 home win today.

Hope not but we could be in for a pasting tomorrow. Team selection still looks like it's by the GB tombola and the goals we have given away so far have been shocking. Still can't see where the leadership is going to come from.

On leadership, which I agree seems to be an issue, should Hanley not be stepping up to the plate? I get the impression that he's no shrinking violet physically and is apparently by no means a shy sort of bloke so why isn't he shaking his fist at his team mates and yelling at them? Or is this going to go down the 'Hanley/Duffy hate each other' rabbit hole?

There was point we picked up on Tuesday was at one stage in the first half , Hanley was making the motion of hold the line and at the same time or a couple of secs later to be precise Duffy was motioning to push up .. No wonder it's a farce at the back

There was point we picked up on Tuesday was at one stage in the first half , Hanley was making the motion of hold the line and at the same time or a couple of secs later to be precise Duffy was motioning to push up .. No wonder it's a farce at the back

Between those two there should be a decent central defensive partnership at Championship level with able back up in Kilgallon and, at a push, Spurr. It doesn't reflect well on the manager that we are still defensively brittle.

If the game is anything like we've witnessed so far, we'll start 4-5-1 and concede an early goal.

Then we'll make no impact at all until approximately 65 mins until the manager in desperation switches to 4-4-2 looking for a point. We'll immediately look better but concede another soft goal leaving the situation hopeless. The game will start to peter out until we nick a goal completely out of the blue with around 5 mins to go. That will lead to a quite spirited but ultimately unsuccessful last 5-10 mins with GB describing our overall effort and performance as "magnificent".

I'm over this website I think. Came to see who we might play tomorrow, what the new lad offers, are there any injuries and what people would consider a good result.

Instead it's the same people failing at comedy repeating the same boring posts over and over. You call the manager groundhog, well the irony is stark lads.

This place is the definition of Groundhog Day.

I'm over this website I think. Came to see who we might play tomorrow, what the new lad offers, are there any injuries and what people would consider a good result.

Instead it's the same people failing at comedy repeating the same boring posts over and over. You call the manager groundhog, well the irony is stark lads.

This place is the definition of Groundhog Day.

As regards what considers an acceptable result, we 've already manoeuvred ourselves into a position whereby we desperately need a win and ideally back to back wins.

On that basis only a win will do as three points from four games is completely unacceptable. If we'd won two out of the first three, a point tomorrow would look OK.

On leadership, which I agree seems to be an issue, should Hanley not be stepping up to the plate? I get the impression that he's no shrinking violet physically and is apparently by no means a shy sort of bloke so why isn't he shaking his fist at his team mates and yelling at them? Or is this going to go down the 'Hanley/Duffy hate each other' rabbit hole?

Hanley regularly "shakes his fist and yells" at his team mates as does Duffy on occasions. It's so quiet at Ewood someimes one call almost make out what they are saying. I can't say I've noticed it from other players.

Hanley regularly "shakes his fist and yells" at his team mates as does Duffy on occasions. It's so quiet at Ewood someimes one call almost make out what they are saying. I can't say I've noticed it from other players.

I've seen mentions of both Hanley and Duffy tearing strips off team mates but was in the context of illustrating disharmony in a fractuous, dysfunctional squad. I don't get the impression that any team anticipates an uncomfortable afternoon against us, we seem to lack character. I think we'll need character on a trip to the Deep South and that's why I think we'll be comfortably beaten today.

I've seen Hanley shout at teammates in the way you suggest but this is by far the minority of times I see him yelling at people. It's most noticeable when he's about five yards inside our half.

Can't say I've seen anything which suggests Hanley and Duffy hate each other or that there is disharmony amongst the players towards each other.

While I fully see the huge problems we face using the MB as one's only source of info, and I realise your choice is limited by circumstance, the only impression one can get is a negative one. I'm always happy to see Hanley, Kilgallon or Duffy in the team sheet - you can be sure they will give it all they have. That might not be good enough but they don't shrink from the challenge.

More leaders on the pitch? I like Conway, I saw him last season in the midst of a spell of poor form. He didn't sulk but plugged away trying to make an impression on the game and scored a beauty. He seems like the quiet sort though.

I remember being devastated at us signing El Hadj Diouff as I despised him. I get the impression we could do with someone like him now though, not a leader but a nasty, spiteful sod who makes life unpleasant for the opposition.

Archived