BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City (A) Saturday 26Th September 3Pm, Kc Stadium

K-Hod

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent result, but away draws are only valuable if you supplement them with home wins. Ipswich next weekend is exactly the kind of game we need to be winning if we're going to have any sort of realistic hopes for promotion, let's see how Bowyer handles that. Koita back in for Lawrence, who in turn could replace Marshall at right wing?

• Backroom

Decent result, but away draws are only valuable if you supplement them with home wins. Ipswich next weekend is exactly the kind of game we need to be winning if we're going to have any sort of realistic hopes for promotion, let's see how Bowyer handles that. Koita back in for Lawrence, who in turn could replace Marshall at right wing?

Lawrence can play there, can't he? Maybe switch Lawrence to the right and put Koita behind Rhodes.

Same way Blackpool were top of the league in 13/14 after 7 games and finished 20th.

I thought we were talking about Rovers, not Blackpool?

The team we had that season (Rhodes, Kazim-Richards, Rochina, Murphy, Dann, Etuhu etc.) were good enough to go up.

A truly unbelievable post. if we win -so what?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you're only excited and motivated to post when we lose? That says more about you than Rovers.

What is there to achieve? Rebuilding the club after it's been destroyed by Kean/Anderson/Venky's, that's what.

You sound like a proper glory supporter. No offence like. Being a football fan is a grind for 90% of clubs, 90% of the time, interspersed with odd moment of unbridled joy (like being married really). Last season we got the Stoke, Swansea and Liverpool games (remember that 'decent cup run' a few months ago when the non-caring Bowyer was in charge that took us one game from Wembley?). In the 80's the FMC and cup games against the likes of Everton, Liverpool, Villa, Coventry. We even got promoted out of the old 3rd division in the 70's. I know, the 3rd division, the horror!!!!

Then we got the Walker years, never to be repeated. If this is all you've known then i could begin to understand your mindset, but even then i'd struggle.

Yep, proper glory hunter me - still going, posting etc. But I guess if it makes you feel better.

Firstly on cup runs. Bowyer played a weakened team each time - which ironically was better than the first 11. Showed how much he valued the cups.

Incidentally all the things you mention are signs of hope - winning 3rd division, putting in great effort, taking on the big boys - success and identity is not exclusive to a top 4 premier league team. Nor is glory. Tried to make that clear in my last post but you missed that point. Far from despising those thing I'd revel in them.

Perhaps a better way of talking about it is ambition - to be the best we can be and the hope of achieving that. Whether that's as a little club striving to survive in a league against bigger teams, challenging for promotion or whatever it looks like it's all ambition, and generates hope.

Rovers however don't. We're not a small club punching above our weight yet we seem low on ambition to challenge for promotion or the cups. We seem more bothered about increasing player value than getting results. We're aimlessly drifting with no hope.

Hopefully that clears things up. Don't think I've ever called anyone not a supporter for disagreeing with them. However regardless of your opinion there are a lot of fans - needed supporters - who for reasons mentioned and feelings that can't be articulated easily - need to be brought back onside by Rovers.

Nonsense. Every decent player we had was sold to be replaced by portugeezers and the Murphy's of this world. Bowyer has finally put together a half decent squad. The academy was also decimated. Basic facts.

are you speaking for every Rovers now?

the bigger picture is to remain in this league at least till Venky's leave and an excellent manager is employed to lead us back to the Prem. Every win counts.

Let's not underestimate Jordan Rhodes role in Gaz's tenure either. A game saver AND a manager saver that lad.

Agreed.

Murphy & Etuhu were two experienced midfielders who the season before had got Fulham into the top-half of the PL. They started well for Rovers but their attitudes stunk by the end. I wonder how much of that came down to Kean's resignation and the circus that followed?

I saw Etuhu's goal at Charlton(day after Keano resigned) and still thought the pair of sh***ers only contributed heartache to us supporters. "Move it forward,quicker" as a woman supporter in the jack Walker repeatedly shouted at them for 90 minutes.

I think we have always over-criticised the local boys in the team and undercriticised the 'last pay day' players.

Rovers however don't. We're not a small club punching above our weight yet we seem low on ambition to challenge for promotion or the cups. We seem more bothered about increasing player value than getting results. We're aimlessly drifting with no hope.

I totally agree with this. Bowyer was constantly telling the players to slow the game down whenever the ball went out of play against Hull (until we went behind), I can't understand why when we aren't in front.

I also don't understand the obsession with wanting to increase player value. Yes, we might make a few million here and there but it's chicken feed (pun intended) compared to what we would make on reaching the Premier League.

It gives him and his boys a bargaining chip to hold onto his job. Can't deliver a promotion charge but can make a few quid towards running the gaff. Next best thing in their eyes probably so he'll be here as long as he delivers percentages and just enough points to keep our heads above water.

On Saturday first half I don't think they were as cautious as they have been at times away from home in the past but I think it became clear soon into the second half that they were happy to eek out the rest of the games as it was. No surprise it bit us on the ass, we've seen it so many times before.

Nonsense. Every decent player we had was sold to be replaced by portugeezers and the Murphy's of this world. Bowyer has finally put together a half decent squad. The academy was also decimated. Basic facts.

are you speaking for every Rovers now?

the bigger picture is to remain in this league at least till Venky's leave and an excellent manager is employed to lead us back to the Prem. Every win counts.

It's all about opinions, but I guess he does speak for me.

Like some others, I just don't have any belief in the "guardians" of the club, the plan( haha) , their motives, their mission etc. I never felt that before the slumdogs dumped on our doorstep.....and I have watched some s***t over 40 years....

It's all about opinions, but I guess he does speak for me.

Like some others, I just don't have any belief in the "guardians" of the club, the plan( haha) , their motives, their mission etc. I never felt that before the slumdogs dumped on our doorstep.....and I have watched some s***t over 40 years....

Me too LV. Agreed with a lot blue blood said as well. Hard to enjoy or buy into the plans fools make. I've also struggled in many areas and in many ways since they arrived and had a host of totally unnatural feelings towards the club and its representatives. Hard to enjoy the brushstrokes worrying about the picture.

I've been hearing people say this for years now... Nothing at the club needs rebuilding, it just needs a bloody good manager with some ambition.

It is that simple.

Wow. That is a staggering post.

I thought we were talking about Rovers, not Blackpool?

The team we had that season (Rhodes, Kazim-Richards, Rochina, Murphy, Dann, Etuhu etc.) were good enough to go up.

Not in a million years. The only two that were anything above decent were Rhodes and Dann.

The rest were poor/awful/ineffective.

Yes, all of the rest had a talent but no interest in a gritty fight for promotion. Also Murphy, Etuhu and Richards all had terrible injury records which severely hurt them.

Conway for example might not have the technical talents of Murphy or Rochina, but he knows his game and he sticks to it.

Only players Id have from that team are Dann and Kazim (because we are so shocking up front Rhodes aside).

Archived