BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City (A) Saturday 26Th September 3Pm, Kc Stadium

K-Hod

I have no idea but his body language was appalling in the second half. He looked like he'd given up. Before being substituted he had hidden, shoulders slumped, head down, rather than show himself to receive a throw in. When he came off the manager didn't even acknowledge him which is very unlike GB. He seems very fragile. Maybe a spell on the bench would do him good.

Second time this season then he's mooched off and they've ignored each other. Whilst you want your better players on the pitch nobody should be undroppable. Something tells me though that Marshall is the type to sulk even more rather than respond by rolling up his sleeves.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only just seen the highlights. Same old defensive mistakes, time after time. Farting around with the ball and passing into dangerous places, players going for a ball that isn't theirs whilst leaving their man/space totally free. It isn't going to magically improve. There just isn't any organisation at the back.

It's week in week out, we should expect better with Short on the crew, but if anything it's getting worse.

The Hull fan report seemed to think Curtis Davies should have received a 2nd yellow for the foul on Rhodes just before they scored & yet this isn't in the highlights. Anyone who was there got a view on this?

Yep, we should have been awarded a free kick on the edge of their box after Rhodes was brought down.

They broke down field straight away whilst our players were still claiming for a free kick and within seconds had scored.

Yet another average team we haven't beaten, I guess that makes us below average.

Yep, we should have been awarded a free kick on the edge of their box after Rhodes was brought down.

They broke down field straight away whilst our players were still claiming for a free kick and within seconds had scored.

Yet another average team we haven't beaten, I guess that makes us below average.

Or, another average team that has 't beaten us, makes us average?

I have now watched it over and over again and whilst Rhodes was touched he went down far too theatrically. Nothing like Bowyers post match description of Rhodes being played in free and clear so why should he go down. Also there was another Hull player coming in who would have put a tackle or block in. Hull broke away and made scoring look easy.

Mind you they gave us one back by nobody bothering to mark Rhodes as he nodded in from a corner.

Delfy put a lot of good work in to earn that corner.

The miss by Hull late on was due to an appalling attempt at a headed clearance by Hanley which looped deeper into our area drawing Duffy to it and out of position as it was bang on that the Hull player would win it and nod it across to a now unmarked Hull player who mucked it up big style. Duffy did he usual and turn around and glare at everyone else.

All those nuances from watching it on TV in an armchair.

Mind you I did have the benefit of as many replays, zoom in, freeze and big screen as I wanted.

Note: I'm a Rhodes fan so I'm sorry the half-dive wasn't bought by the Ref :blush:

Only just seen the highlights. Same old defensive mistakes, time after time. Farting around with the ball and passing into dangerous places, players going for a ball that isn't theirs whilst leaving their man/space totally free. It isn't going to magically improve. There just isn't any organisation at the back.

Rock and hard place. Yes I want them to get rid of it when under pressure but I'd rather they take the risk in trying to at least learn how to pass and play out from the back because frankly... Watching this ineffective hoofball Bowyer has been playing past few years isn't for me at all.

Actually it would improve without needing any magic if we had a management team capable of organising our defence.

From what I hear, a point was what we were worth but I feared we were repeating our Brighton trip- a decent enough performance which deserved something except for defensive lapse at one end and a lack of conviction at the other.

Then up popped Jordan to secure the blessed point keeping us above the drop zone. Can the season end today please?

Was chatting with another Rovers fan about the game and lack of excitement on the board after a win and we concluded the lack of hope/excitement was the real killer when we win.

If we lose and are in the relegation zone then things get really, really bad but if we win - so what. We're not going to get anywhere near promotion - even with playoffs making 6th a more reachable target and involving more teams. We're not going on a decent cup run. Clearly Bowyer doesn't care about them. We don't play attractive football or batter teams scoring lots of goals. We're not, as in the days of Hughes going to give big teams a bloody nose or be dreaming of the possibility of Europe (and I don't blame Bowyer for the Europe one, not much he can do on that score) but it all goes to show what excitement is there for us?

What is there for us to achieve? What is there for us to celebrate? What is there to look forward to? It's not even as if we're a little club punching above our weight and defying the odds in this division. All in all there's not much to get excited about or look forward to so relief and apathy are going to be the result of grinding out some points and staying up. It's no wonder the fan base is dwindling.

Was chatting with another Rovers fan about the game and lack of excitement on the board after a win and we concluded the lack of hope/excitement was the real killer when we win.

If we lose and are in the relegation zone then things get really, really bad but if we win - so what. We're not going to get anywhere near promotion - even with playoffs making 6th a more reachable target and involving more teams. We're not going on a decent cup run. Clearly Bowyer doesn't care about them. We don't play attractive football or batter teams scoring lots of goals. We're not, as in the days of Hughes going to give big teams a bloody nose or be dreaming of the possibility of Europe (and I don't blame Bowyer for the Europe one, not much he can do on that score) but it all goes to show what excitement is there for us?

What is there for us to achieve? What is there for us to celebrate? What is there to look forward to? It's not even as if we're a little club punching above our weight and defying the odds in this division. All in all there's not much to get excited about or look forward to so relief and apathy are going to be the result of grinding out some points and staying up. It's no wonder the fan base is dwindling.

Exactly, but apparently such a mindset means you'd prefer the team to lose.

But that is what following a football club is all about - the ebb and flow of fortunes over the years. During the fifty-odd years that I've watched the Rovers we've been top of the old First Division, playing scintillating, free-flowing football which produced high scoring games. Then there was the fall from grace in the late sixties until we hit rock bottom - bottom of the Third Division - before being rebuilt under Ken Furphy and Gordon Lee. Jim Smith steadied the club after we had regained our Second Division status before jumping ship for a First Division club with greater resources. There was another season in the Third, two wonderful seasons under Kendall, and then a long period of stability under Saxton. You could argue that there was little to get excited about during the majority of that period and yet fans enjoyed the games for what they were. There were no great expectations, simply the fun of following your local team. It's the same with the vast majority of clubs in the League. Occasionally, you get a season that's successful and occasionally you get a season that becomes a relegation dogfight. Almost 900 fans made the trip to Hull yesterday and I suspect the majority realise that promotion this season is virtually a non-starter. There have been decent followings in all our away games this season so clearly there is a reason why many continue to travel to watch the club. I would accept that numbers for home games will drop off - nothing new in that they always have whenever we have spent long periods outside of the top flight.

Exactly, but apparently such a mindset means you'd prefer the team to lose.

It's absolute bull.

My reasons for going over the years have changed somewhat; But among those motives but I've been really excited to see us chase promotion and getting into Europe, going for cups - the League Cup final win was one of the best 2 days of my life - see us give teams a bloody nose (I've never live seen us beat manure, and sadly feel that's one lifetime ambition I'll now never achieve) and looking forward to seeing some exciting football. It's also a huge social thing - seeing friends and family. The social element is huge.

As a lot of friends who supported Rovers don't go anymore ,other than family, there's not much motivation to go these days. Happily it's still a family thing, and so I go; but if my family lost interest (unlikely as it is) in the current climate I can't think of much other motivation that'd get me going. Defensive bloopers and a stumble towards mid-table scarcely increases the anticipation .

And the thing that makes it so much worse, is that it needn't be this way no matter what the naysayers say. We have some very rich owners who could appoint a proper manager and back him. For some reason they won't and it's killing us.

But that is what following a football club is all about - the ebb and flow of fortunes over the years. During the fifty-odd years that I've watched the Rovers we've been top of the old First Division, playing scintillating, free-flowing football which produced high scoring games. Then there was the fall from grace in the late sixties until we hit rock bottom - bottom of the Third Division - before being rebuilt under Ken Furphy and Gordon Lee. Jim Smith steadied the club after we had regained our Second Division status before jumping ship for a First Division club with greater resources. There was another season in the Third, two wonderful seasons under Kendall, and then a long period of stability under Saxton. You could argue that there was little to get excited about during the majority of that period and yet fans enjoyed the games for what they were. There were no great expectations, simply the fun of following your local team. It's the same with the vast majority of clubs in the League. Occasionally, you get a season that's successful and occasionally you get a season that becomes a relegation dogfight. Almost 900 fans made the trip to Hull yesterday and I suspect the majority realise that promotion this season is virtually a non-starter. There have been decent followings in all our away games this season so clearly there is a reason why many continue to travel to watch the club. I would accept that numbers for home games will drop off - nothing new in that they always have whenever we have spent long periods outside of the top flight.

Whilst I haven't been a fan as long as you (not that longevity matters hugely) I'm well accustomed to seeing some rubbish down at Ewood. The Ince debacle, foundering in the championship under Kidd and Parkes. A few relegation battles under K**n. Now maybe you can tell me it gets worse than that, and I totally get that football is all about the ups and downs. The fact I'm still here and don't support Chelsea should suggest that.

But in the previous downs there was always some positives and you felt the club were trying it's hardest and there was the potential for things to get better. There was the chance we'd give teams a tonking, or play blood and thunder football, or give a cup run a damn good go even if we were over-matched. Also in those days, we had far less resources, so what success looked like perhaps looked a bit different.

I'm not explaining this very well, and no doubt to you I'm just another fickle fan who isn't a proper supporter, but to me all football fans need hope. Whether it is the hope of success or a good showing of defying the odds or gaining success, in some ways matters little. But without that hope, what's in it for a fan, I struggle to see what the attraction is. After all the reason that you or I don't like knitting or East Enders (I presume!) is because there's nothing of interest. There's no hook. All fans have different levels of what hooks them, but as with everything, if there isn't something that captures the interest, we won't do it.

As I said, the attraction for me is in seeing family. It'd be nice if Rovers offered something as well.

Yes, I think it's the prospect of misery without end that's getting me down.

When will we get out of the transfer embargo? Once we do, how we stay out of it? Is Gary Bowyer's performance monitored? What does he have to do to get the sack? What does Derek Shaw actually do for his money? Are the board in direct contact with Pune, or is Bowyer subverting what would be normal corporate governence? Is there a game plan for getting us out of the embargo and, by gradual accumulation, getting us up the league and out of danger?

These aren't the sorts of questions I've had to ask myself before when the club has been down in the dumps. I refuse to believe that what we've suffered in the past five years is part of the normal ebb and flow in the life of a town team. It is not normal at all, and I don't think any of us should think it so, as we shrug our shoulders and carry on.

I'm sick and tired of it, but much more than that, I'm sick and tired of Venky's never seeming to learn, or to care. In fact, I'm just sick and tired of them.

I can't see anything but a dice with relegation this season, and if we survive, what of next season? What will happen next summer? Rhodes sold and some journeymen in? We get out of the embargo but can't spend a penny otherwise we're right back in it again. Would anyone back us to get out of relegation trouble next year?

I'm not asking for the impossible, I'm not asking for a dodgy Russian or Saudi benefactor, all I'm asking for is to be well-run and make use of all our available resources.

Right now, we're being dragged down by idiocy and it's making me mad.

Whilst I haven't been a fan as long as you (not that longevity matters hugely) I'm well accustomed to seeing some rubbish down at Ewood. The Ince debacle, foundering in the championship under Kidd and Parkes. A few relegation battles under K**n. Now maybe you can tell me it gets worse than that, and I totally get that football is all about the ups and downs. The fact I'm still here and don't support Chelsea should suggest that.

But in the previous downs there was always some positives and you felt the club were trying it's hardest and there was the potential for things to get better. There was the chance we'd give teams a tonking, or play blood and thunder football, or give a cup run a damn good go even if we were over-matched. Also in those days, we had far less resources, so what success looked like perhaps looked a bit different.

I'm not explaining this very well, and no doubt to you I'm just another fickle fan who isn't a proper supporter, but to me all football fans need hope. Whether it is the hope of success or a good showing of defying the odds or gaining success, in some ways matters little. But without that hope, what's in it for a fan, I struggle to see what the attraction is. After all the reason that you or I don't like knitting or East Enders (I presume!) is because there's nothing of interest. There's no hook. All fans have different levels of what hooks them, but as with everything, if there isn't something that captures the interest, we won't do it.

As I said, the attraction for me is in seeing family. It'd be nice if Rovers offered something as well.

I think you've explained it very well Blue Blood. As you say, you need to be hooked on it because supporting a football club is very much a habit. I think time gives a different perspective to things. There was a time, admittedly many moons ago, when we could only dream of being where we actually are today. We never dreamt of what happened under Jack but there was hope of a return to firstly, the Second Division and then the First. We knew that the odds were against us, rather like today in fact. I still believe that one day the Rovers will return to the Premier League and will be able to hold their own in that League. It may be some time off and there may be more ups and downs before it happens but there is always hope Blue Blood. We were outside of the top flight for a quarter of a century before Jack took over but there was always the hope that somehow we would get a team that would suddenly come together and take us back to the top flight. In the meantime we just enjoyed following the Rovers for what is was. It's the same reason why the die-hards at Accrington, Crewe, Lincoln, Grimsby and so many more clubs follow their teams week in and week out.

Maybe a bit harsh regarding the cup run bit. OK in the League Cup going out first round every season has been totally unacceptable. But the FA Cup threw up Man City two seasons ago and we took them to a 3rd round replay, and obviously last season had it's moments before Liverpool needed the replay to put us out. Bowyer perhaps deserves a change of luck with the balls this season, having only ever been drawn against Premier League teams in the FA Cup.

A truly unbelievable post. if we win -so what?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you're only excited and motivated to post when we lose? That says more about you than Rovers.

What is there to achieve? Rebuilding the club after it's been destroyed by Kean/Anderson/Venky's, that's what.

You sound like a proper glory supporter. No offence like. Being a football fan is a grind for 90% of clubs, 90% of the time, interspersed with odd moment of unbridled joy (like being married really). Last season we got the Stoke, Swansea and Liverpool games (remember that 'decent cup run' a few months ago when the non-caring Bowyer was in charge that took us one game from Wembley?). In the 80's the FMC and cup games against the likes of Everton, Liverpool, Villa, Coventry. We even got promoted out of the old 3rd division in the 70's. I know, the 3rd division, the horror!!!!

Then we got the Walker years, never to be repeated. If this is all you've known then i could begin to understand your mindset, but even then i'd struggle.

What is there to achieve? Rebuilding the club after it's been destroyed by Kean/Anderson/Venky's, that's what.

I've been hearing people say this for years now... Nothing at the club needs rebuilding, it just needs a bloody good manager with some ambition.

It is that simple.

A truly excellent post. Hope is a word thats no longer in a Rovers fans dictionary but another one missing thats just as important is 'ambition'. Bowyer doesn't appear to have any ambition for himself or for this club and it's represented in the football we've seen over the years. Reminds me of Nigel Clough, decent with youth, clueless tactically, no ambition, crap football and just generally a very boring person to have experienced. Well done for speaking out, it's garbage to be a Rovers fan these days, a win no longer excites you in the same way because you're always well aware of the bigger picture that is... Venkys are in charge and Gary Bowyer is not the right manager for Blackburn Rovers.

No doubt people like yourself and those that agree will be cast as 'doom sayers' or whatever.

I've been hearing people say this for years now... Nothing at the club needs rebuilding, it just needs a bloody good manager with some ambition.

It is that simple.

Nonsense. Every decent player we had was sold to be replaced by portugeezers and the Murphy's of this world. Bowyer has finally put together a half decent squad. The academy was also decimated. Basic facts.

A truly excellent post. Hope is a word thats no longer in a Rovers fans dictionary but another one missing thats just as important is 'ambition'. Bowyer doesn't appear to have any ambition for himself or for this club and it's represented in the football we've seen over the years. Reminds me of Nigel Clough, decent with youth, clueless tactically, no ambition, crap football and just generally a very boring person to have experienced. Well done for speaking out, it's garbage to be a Rovers fan these days, a win no longer excites you in the same way because you're always well aware of the bigger picture that is... Venkys are in charge and Gary Bowyer is not the right manager for Blackburn Rovers.

No doubt people like yourself and those that agree will be cast as 'doom sayers' or whatever.

are you speaking for every Rovers now?

the bigger picture is to remain in this league at least till Venky's leave and an excellent manager is employed to lead us back to the Prem. Every win counts.

Nonsense. Every decent player we had was sold to be replaced by portugeezers and the Murphy's of this world. Bowyer has finally put together a half decent squad. The academy was also decimated. Basic facts.

Then how did Kean manage to get 14 pts out of 21 with those players? :blink:

Basic fact.

Archived