BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reffin' 'ell!

Mike E

• Backroom

There really is an endless list of ones that went against us against United.

Although on the flip side anyone remember the game at old Trafford when Mike Newell caught the ball in our box, looked confused then dropped it, I think we got a free kick

I watched the Sky Sports review of 1994/95 the other night. I'd forgotten just how many poor decisions we suffered that season. Quite apart from the ones against United that have been highlighted earlier in the thread, there was a dodgy pen for Leeds against us at Ewood and another bad one (opponents names escape me). Maybe it was just the way the programme had been put together.

The Berg incident at Ewood against United was shocking, and was but one of 7 or 8 really bad decisions against that lot. However, that Saha handball in the 6th minute of three added on at Ewood produced a comical story.

I had a few visitors up to my gaff in Glasgow that weekend and we watched that game on Sky in my local. Of course, what happened right at the end of the game had us foaming at the mouth, and my mate Pete hates Man United with a passion, even more so than your average Rovers fan as he worked with a few United fans at the time, so when SAF popped up on the screen for his post match interview, Pete could take no more and shouted "And you can fook off an' all, you Scotch kent" at which point the whole pub fell silent.....

...fortunately the Scottish lads saw the funny side of it, realising how p1ssed off we were after what had just happened, and accepted our humble apologies on this occasion!!

Grabbi being brought down by Barthez? That goal (had he scored or got the penalty) might had made all the difference to his stay with us.

I thought Grabbi took it off Barthez and scored, but it was disallowed? :blink:

The late Ashby? Don't speak ill of the dead..

We had a party when he snuffed it. No offence though, just seemed fitting.

Good old George Courtney's shoddy display in the play off 2nd leg at Palace deserves a mention. Ok he went someway to rectifying it at Wembley but it was still shocking. Don't think there was any malice in it from him or he'd been 'got at' he just bottled it in the cauldron of Selhurst that afternoon. Should have took the players off with 10 mins to go when hundreds of their lot spilled onto the sidelines, how the hell were our lot supposed to perform there'd have been carnage had we scored.

I can remember the next time we had him, away at Bradford. He looked shocked at the Rovers fans reaction.

We had a stinking decision away at Southampton one year. Sherwood had the ball kicked in to his face from about 5 yards away and the ref fave a penalty. I think it was that little rat Joe Worrall.

there was a dodgy pen for Leeds against us at Ewood and another bad one (opponents names escape me).

Probably City at home towards the end of the season when we lost 2-3, I still don't know what their equalising penalty was given for. I can still picture the bemused look on Flowers' face that the camera showed when it was given.

Probably City at home towards the end of the season when we lost 2-3, I still don't know what their equalising penalty was given for. I can still picture the bemused look on Flowers' face that the camera showed when it was given.

A funny story from the above incident.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/10334193.Referee_reunited_with_angry_Blackburn_Rovers_fan_18_years_on/

We had a party when he snuffed it. No offence though, just seemed fitting.

I can remember the next time we had him, away at Bradford. He looked shocked at the Rovers fans reaction.

We had a stinking decision away at Southampton one year. Sherwood had the ball kicked in to his face from about 5 yards away and the ref fave a penalty. I think it was that little rat Joe Worrall.

A few pies and loose change went in his direction I'm told.

That was the one - thanks

The Henning Berg & Tim Sherwood ones vs Manure are the ones which spring to mind every time I discuss dodgy refereeing decisions.

Although I have to say, it's a long time since I went quite as primate-poo as I did against Wolves when the ref allowed that Dave Edwards 'goal'. To be fair though, most of my anger went towards the linesman (assistant referees now so it counts!) due to the fact he had a side on view and so should've seen his outstretched arm.

The guy next to me did say "don't hold back mate, you tell him what you think" as my eyes bulged and all manner of expletives game gushing out! :lol:

Remember a Savage red card v Middlesbrough really riling me.

Thankfully Bellamy came to the rescue with a screamer in a 3-2 win.

Think it was a second bookable for a handball that was blasted at him by George Boateng, if memory serves.

Great individual performance by Bellamy that day.

Archived