BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

Social media messes with the zen of some of you younger ones. Crap players suddenly become great when they don't sign, good players become bad when they do - all without kicking a ball. I don't buy into Twitter rumours at all and don't feel anything until the player is there holding the scarf up. Patience is a virtue but it is a dying skill these days.

It's all about who you follow. Twitter is a vehicle for brilliant sources and the down right lunatic fringes of society.

A good way to shift through the nonsense is to search for deals that have happened. Anyone tweeting about them before they happened has some idea what's going on.

Anyone with the phrase 'agent' in their handle has never slept with a girl and should be avoided.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else concerened that Lambert seems unable to see past ex Norwich players. I was hoping for a little more imagination from him.

Also still nobody of note signed.

Playing it too safe for me. These aren't the only cheap options available to us, but strikes me were saving any spending til the summer. And that's just me being positive about the summer :/

• Backroom

Anyone else concerened that Lambert seems unable to see past ex Norwich players. I was hoping for a little more imagination from him.

Also still nobody of note signed.

The vast majority of managers do the same in the short term especially if they come in mid season.

He's said all along this window is just tiding us over and summer is where the real work is, if in summer all he goes after are ex Norwich players I would be worried then.

We won't commit to any big money permanent signings until after the next FFP submissions go in. Graham, I imagine, is in the long term plans for Lambert and an agreement will be put in place for him for when he becomes a free agent.

Is this because he wants a king's ransom.

he's under contract with sunderland so he will likely be getting paid the same but with us paying a percentage of the wage, if anybody's holding us to ransom it will be sunderland, I suspect the hold up could be due to his fitness and injury record

Not sure why we are persisting with this Graham deal or what he is going to bring to the table. Doesn't seem to be a powerful target man and certainly isn't quick. Goal scoring record is pretty average.

I like the look of him Windy. He picks the ball up and carries it into the box. He also forces the opposition into making mistakes - he looks handy at this level.

Not sure why we are persisting with this Graham deal or what he is going to bring to the table. Doesn't seem to be a powerful target man and certainly isn't quick. Goal scoring record is pretty average.

he has scored goals at this level though and I''m hoping that he and to a lessen extent Jackson will take some of the goalscoring burden off Jordan Rhodes ....because our other strikers certainly haven't

• Backroom

Very strange that Lambert said 'tomorrow' as in today for a signing. Why not just say 'soon', otherwise it just makes the club look incompetent when something hasn't come off. Let's bloody hope we get a couple in ahead of Saturday regardless.

He said hopefully tomorrow, no incompetence at all.

I hope Danny if joining us does it for the right reason and has the hunger and desire to play for Rovers and not only looking for a contract and sit it out like the thug Leon.

Agree entirely.

Did someone say he's out of contract in the summer? I really hope there is no obligation to buy. That said, it won't make any difference. If he does prove he's hungry then there's nothing stopping him earning a deal then tossing it off.

I dunno. I just can't get that enthusiastic about this one.

Archived