BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might think it's funny when Rhodes fluffs a chance but I don't. I've also done my research - the evidence in front of my eyes. What research did you use ?

It's stating the bleeding obvious that you have to score to win but the point is you don't have to score a mountain of goals to do so - which you do, erroneously.

The benefit of experience, dear boy, is that you've seen it all before and can see through the folly of youth.

Research is not what you see. That is experience and memory which can often be clouded and rose-tinted. The history books are where research is done, old boy.

If Rhodes is only going to get one chance a game then he is going to be under an incredible strain - in effect carrying the team. In your perfect world, we'll keep a clean sheet and score our only chance of the game. The trouble is we don't live in a perfect world and we need to start creating real chances - plural. That's down to the midfield - who patently aren't good enough. This is the problem when you waste two years asking a novice to put together a football team using the rule of "who is available" as your recruitment policy. Lambert needs time to rebuild this football club out of the faux version that Bowyer is still getting plaudits for from some quarters. And Rhodes needs another goal threat alongside him do that when he has two players on him (as he normally does) somebody else can take advantage.

Sell him In a bloody heartbeat. His sale is the only way of improving the overall squad, which isn't up to standard looking at todays performance.

Over the past five years it's never ever got better has it.

Sell the only bit of quality up front we have ? The mind boggles .. Keep him bring bamford on loan

Sell him In a bloody heartbeat. His sale is the only way of improving the overall squad, which isn't up to standard looking at todays performance.

How much will a twenty goal a season striker cost to replace him ?

Research is not what you see. That is experience and memory which can often be clouded and rose-tinted. The history books are where research is done, old boy.

If Rhodes is only going to get one chance a game then he is going to be under an incredible strain - in effect carrying the team. In your perfect world, we'll keep a clean sheet and score our only chance of the game. The trouble is we don't live in a perfect world and we need to start creating real chances - plural. That's down to the midfield - who patently aren't good enough. This is the problem when you waste two years asking a novice to put together a football team using the rule of "who is available" as your recruitment policy. Lambert needs time to rebuild this football club out of the faux version that Bowyer is still getting plaudits for from some quarters. And Rhodes needs another goal threat alongside him do that when he has two players on him (as he normally does) somebody else can take advantage.

There's nothing rose-tinted about those memories. In fact, they're clearer than more recent ones - as anyone of a certain age will tell you. You stick to your faulty research.

With regards to Rhodes, Lambert's a Scot - and he knows Scotland manager Gordon Strachan well. They will have had discussions about Rhodes and all his deficiencies. There's a reason why he doesn't get a game for the national team and why he's never made it to the Prem. I might be wrong but I think you'll see Rhodes leaving the club sooner rather than later.

Yes for me. I'm not a 'hater' by any means but we urgently need to refresh our squad and to do so within the confines of the ridiculous FFP we have to generate funds. Rhodes has an end of days feeling about him at Rovers and could probably do with the move too.

The bigger challenge is shifting flotsam like Guthrie and Marshall.

There's nothing rose-tinted about those memories. In fact, they're clearer than more recent ones - as anyone of a certain age will tell you. You stick to your faulty research.

With regards to Rhodes, Lambert's a Scot - and he knows Scotland manager Gordon Strachan well. They will have had discussions about Rhodes and all his deficiencies. There's a reason why he doesn't get a game for the national team and why he's never made it to the Prem. I might be wrong but I think you'll see Rhodes leaving the club sooner rather than later.

Strachan? The only home nation manager not to put together a side to reach the Euros, in a very reasonable group? I'll take what he thinks about players with a pinch of salt, thanks.

You may well be right about Rhodes mind. I still think it's the wrong move. Presumably Karanka knows nothing about players either, eh? Or about football in general? Odd that we should take heed of what a know-nowt loser of a manager in Strachan thinks over other managers like Steve Bruce who do have success on their management CV.

Strachan? The only home nation manager not to put together a side to reach the Euros, in a very reasonable group? I'll take what he thinks about players with a pinch of salt, thanks.

You may well be right about Rhodes mind. I still think it's the wrong move. Presumably Karanka knows nothing about players either, eh? Or about football in general? Odd that we should take heed of what a know-nowt loser of a manager in Strachan thinks over other managers like Steve Bruce who do have success on their management CV.

At the risk of sounding like an echo ' Boro might think that adding a goal poacher to an almost complete top of the table squad might do the trick. The might be thinking that they are making enough chances so that a Rhodes will put a few of them away. The last piece of the jigsaw in their eyes.

At Ewood at the moment he's a square peg in a round hole.

At the risk of sounding like an echo ' Boro might think that adding a goal poacher to an almost complete top of the table squad might do the trick. The might be thinking that they are making enough chances so that a Rhodes will put a few of them away. The last piece of the jigsaw in their eyes.

He's that last piece of Rovers' jigsaw in my eyes. We've plenty of square pegs in round holes in our midfield (and second striker role) to worry about before our top goalscorer.

It's really getting very silly now.

Sell your best player to a competitor to fire them into the Premier League... because he's not good enough for us? :wacko:

I mean... F... F... F'ing... S!

Sell the only bit of quality up front we have ? The mind boggles .. Keep him bring bamford on loan

How much will a twenty goal a season striker cost to replace him ?

Take your point Abs but i'd sooner have 2 10+ goal a season forwards who can run the forward line properly. This isn't me having a go at the lad, just me saying what I'd prefer us to do. Sell Rhodes and chuck 5-6 million at Gayle and go for Connor Washington at Peterborough.

He's that last piece of Rovers' jigsaw in my eyes. We've plenty of square pegs in round holes in our midfield (and second striker role) to worry about before our top goalscorer.

It's really getting very silly now.

Sell your best player to a competitor to fire them into the Premier League... because he's not good enough for us? :wacko:

I mean... F... F... F'ing... S!

Competitor ! You can't be serious. Have you looked at the league table this season ?

Take your point Abs but i'd sooner have 2 10+ goal a season forwards who can run the forward line properly. This isn't me having a go at the lad, just me saying what I'd prefer us to do. Sell Rhodes and chuck 5-6 million at Gayle and go for Connor Washington at Peterborough.

We'd two 20 goal machines last season and still did nowt tho

Boro probably see JR being the difference which gets them over the line to the promised land or the play off lottery and in with service IMO would get them over the line

Anyone linked with Brown or Kiota ?

or Delfonso , Akpan , Guthrie etc

After Rhodes, Delfoneso is easily our best striker and that is why we are looking down atm and not up. Brown is a non-entity and Koita is the prototype try-hard but basically rubbish at everything required L1/2 type. At least Delfoneso has a turn of pace.

Right now we're playing against Rhodes attributes rather than for and our MF is a mile off the pace.

Defence is largely better than it has been (Duffy's brain fart today aside) but work needed in transfer window everywhere else.

After Rhodes, Delfoneso is easily our best striker and that is why we are looking down atm and not up. Brown is a non-entity and Koita is the prototype try-hard but basically rubbish at everything required L1/2 type. At least Delfoneso has a turn of pace.

Right now we're playing against Rhodes attributes rather than for and our MF is a mile off the pace.

Defence is largely better than it has been (Duffy's brain fart today aside) but work needed in transfer window everywhere else.

Well summed up.

Archived