BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't sell Rhodes but I'd get rid of Marshall and local predator Hanley

Get rid of Hanley?! He has been our best player this season by a country mile! He is also one of a handful of rovers players who actually looks like he cares. He is also the only player we have who is good enough to attract premier league interest.

I'd find that hard to resist if we are being allowed to spend the money. You can get 4 or 5 good players in at this level for that sort of dosh.

I agree but only if the money is reinvested in the team. Rhodes' stock is falling in my opinion and an offer of this magnitude (if the story is true) might never come around again.

In today's Sun Paper is reporting that Boro are after Rhodes for 12 million pounds.

Cash up front or loan and option?

I think Boro will be back in for Bamford.

Lambert is saying that he want's to add creativity to the team which suggests to me that he sees a future for Rhodes still at Rovers and that our current midfield, save for Conway, cannot provide it with any consistency.

Lambert is saying that he want's to add creativity to the team which suggests to me that he sees a future for Rhodes still at Rovers.

Rhodes creates nothing. I'd say PL Is hinting at JR going with this comment. He's been watching mainly lethargic displays by JR these past few weeks and in my view he'll be planning without him right now.

• Moderation Lead

Rhodes creates nothing. I'd say PL Is hinting at JR going with this comment. He's been watching mainly lethargic displays by JR these past few weeks and in my view he'll be planning without him right now.

Neither does anyone else :rover:

Somebody suggested a few days ago that we should try and get Cairney back from fulham now that they're under an embargo, I think it would definitely be worth a shot, just give them back what they paid and offer cairney an improved contract, i never got the sense that cairney wanted to leave in the first place or maybe a straight swap with ben marshall(a player that clearly doesnt want to be here and has offered very little this year)

I would try to get Adam Forshaw from boro as part of the Rhodes deal.

Forshaw is creative/goalscoring centre midfielder. Something we lack at the minute in our squad

If he's that good then why would Boro allow him to leave ?

Good to see Lambert admitting the obvious in that we desperately need more creativity:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14172292.Blackburn_Rovers_need_more_creativity__admits_boss_Paul_Lambert/?ref=mac

My only objection to that interview is that we did not create many chances at Reading. Two for Koita is all we mustered and those were from a set piece / launch up field. When did we last carve the opposition open for a one on one or similar? Roll on Jan.

Somebody suggested a few days ago that we should try and get Cairney back from fulham now that they're under an embargo, I think it would definitely be worth a shot, just give them back what they paid and offer cairney an improved contract, i never got the sense that cairney wanted to leave in the first place or maybe a straight swap with ben marshall(a player that clearly doesnt want to be here and has offered very little this year)

Tom 'one good game in 6' Cairney. No thanks we've still got a team full of those but most of em do graft unlike this passenger. Might sound harsh but I certainly don't think he'd fit into Lamberts way of playing. Besides we now have Guthrie as the token lethargic player with the odd great touch.

Fulham paid well over the odds for Cairney.

Personally didn't think he was that great anyway, but why would you give them the money back? At most, offer to take over the remaining part of his contract, so they can save on his wages.

Lambert obviously knows what we need, but executing the plan is going to be tough in January as it is for every club. I don't think he'd have come here if he'd not been given assurances on funds, so its good to be talking about transfer targets again with a real manager in charge.

I still believe we're at least 3 quality players away from a promotion push and I can't see Paul being able to address that in January unless the owners go for bust with the new TV money coming in next season, so we need a bit of patience and probably look towards next season.

Can anyone tell me why Middlesbrough, top of the league, are once again seemingly willing to pay £12 million for Rhodes if he's not good enough and why we would want to do business if we want promotion?

Lambert has been talking about strengthening and aiming for promotion. The way to do that isn't to sell your star player at the first opportunity.

The Bolton game highlighted many deficiencies in the pool of players used but the one position I feel that we need to strengthen is left midfield.

If we're to play with wide men it's critical to have balance. I'm personally sick of seeing Conway or Marshall shifted onto their weaker left foot to then stand a crap cross into the keepers arms.

Can anyone tell me why Middlesbrough, top of the league, are once again seemingly willing to pay £12 million for Rhodes if he's not good enough and why we would want to do business if we want promotion?

Lambert has been talking about strengthening and aiming for promotion. The way to do that isn't to sell your star player at the first opportunity.

I'm sure some posters are just trying to be controversial by advocating selling Rhodes, it makes no sense at all, and I'm sure its the last thing on Lamberts mind.

Ask any manager whats the hardest position to fill in a team and they'll all say a goalscorer, they don't grow on trees, when you have one you keep him and supply him, simple as that,

Star player? have you been watching his performances?

Archived