BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shaw Leaves!

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, renrag said:

The only weakness in that point of view is we didn't know about the United game until the window was practically over

Not sure about that. We knew early January that we were playing Blackpool next who we should beat so could plan ahead to be in the 5th round with more chance of a big draw and ManU at home being a bonus.

The plan being to keep Coyle in situ throughout the window regardless of FA Cup exploits as a convenient reason if needed for lack of incoming. 

Add in the then speedy appointment of Mowbray. Of course we choose to believe he said 'yes' on a first call from Senior.

All imo

42 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Every window there is something conveniently gets in the way and it'll be interesting to see what it is this summer.

Aren't we due another 4-5 month festival for Ganesh the Hindu Elephant God? I'm sure that was a previous excuse as to a lack of Venky availability? 

How's about "We just can't be arsed with it to be honest"? Or "I'm so confused my brain hurts"?

Just now, bob fleming said:

Aren't we due another 4-5 month festival for Ganesh the Hindu Elephant God? I'm sure that was a previous excuse as to a lack of Venky availability? 

How's about "We just can't be arsed with it to be honest"? Or "I'm so confused my brain hurts"?

Or "remind me again who the f@@@ are Blackburn Rovers?"

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

His interview after the January transfer window told me all I needed to know. Claiming that cash was available for players but that no players were available when we're 2nd bottom of the league is taking the mick.

Of course it might have been that he wasn't prepared to allow Coyle to sign anyone, but then if that was the case why didn't he sack Coyle in January?

If we go down, which is still touch and go, Senior will be partly to blame. He's said that January transfers were his department and he decided to leave Coyle in place until late February. Now Mowbray has little room for error. If Senior couldn't get permission to sack Coyle sooner then he's not a proper Director of Football.

All decisions still have to be authorised by Venkys in Pune. Don't think that will ever change.

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Nobody has stopped with any line.

Senior signing players behind the managers back isn't a good thing and usually ends up one way, badly.

You really do need to look at the bigger picture bigdog.

which players did Senior signed behind the managers back then?

Coyle said that he signed Joao. He said it was his choice. Also had Nixon said that it was Coyle signing. I asked several times. Whether they both toe the line I don't know. whether that answer will be different now if I asked I don't know

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

which players did Senior signed behind the managers back then?

Coyle said that he signed Joao. He said it was his choice. Also had Nixon said that it was Coyle signing. I asked several times. Whether they both toe the line I don't know. whether that answer will be different now if I asked I don't know

I don't think we'll ever know Chaddy, but it does seem strange that Coyle was allowed to sign Joao but nobody else?

Senior roles in from wilderness and we sign Joao from his ex-employers?

Tell you what though, I bet Senior is claiming the signing now!

As for our friend in the press, he's proven time and time again to be absolutely clueless so he's irrelevant in my opinion.

6 hours ago, K-Hod said:

The only positive will be Venky's ultimately leaving the club.

Until then, anything is just papering over the cracks.

Absolutely. Dog thinks that the " big picture" is which division we are In next season!

Its a whole lot bigger than that!! 

In any case, even with this limited vision, the battle isn't over if we avoid relegation in the next few weeks.

That particular struggle starts all over again in August! Do we continue to slide in a welter of debt and negligence?

The long-term prognosis is that we will NEVER prosper under Venkys.

44 minutes ago, 47er said:

Absolutely. Dog thinks that the " big picture" is which division we are In next season!

Its a whole lot bigger than that!! 

In any case, even with this limited vision, the battle isn't over if we avoid relegation in the next few weeks.

That particular struggle starts all over again in August! Do we continue to slide in a welter of debt and negligence?

The long-term prognosis is that we will NEVER prosper under Venkys.

I get the impression BDS does understand the bigger picture like most fans who occasionally try and focus on trying to enjoy the actual football side of things. We all know we are doomed with venkys here and nothing will get better until they leave, doesn't mean to say he can't enjoy the recent good performances and hope we stay in the division. Your all right and we all no it. There will be budget cuts, we will lose the better players and no doubt another shambolic sacking/appointment/revelation or skeleton unearthed. More reason to focus on the positives now, enjoy the the TM effect and hope we stay up. We have got all summer be disappointed and outraged in equal measure

10 hours ago, Gav said:

I don't think we'll ever know Chaddy, but it does seem strange that Coyle was allowed to sign Joao but nobody else?

As for our friend in the press, he's proven time and time again to be absolutely clueless so he's irrelevant in my opinion.

To be fair to Chaddy, it isn't just Nixon saying it was Coyle's signing. Andy Bayes also said it was Coyle who wanted. At this moment it could be coincidence unless in the summer 3 or 4 Portugese players turn up.  

We will never prosper under the Venkys ...this seems the correct and realistic(plus neutral) appraisal.

Over-optimism after a depressing 6 seasons is just so fatal.

If the pain stops it feels good. Imagine our reactions according to PNE possible result.

OH is this the Shelfie RIP thread?

• Backroom
8 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I get the impression BDS does understand the bigger picture like most fans who occasionally try and focus on trying to enjoy the actual football side of things. We all know we are doomed with venkys here and nothing will get better until they leave, doesn't mean to say he can't enjoy the recent good performances and hope we stay in the division. 

That's not what he's been saying though. He's been telling anybody who will listen that this is going to be the most exciting summer in decades and that next year is going to be our year. 

I can and am getting excited about the possibility of avoiding relegation at the last minute after feeling relegation was certain all season. But this doesn't blind me to the mess we are in or take away the anger and grief I feel at what has been done to this once great club.

So I'm operating on two levels at once, not just the one. I'm not able to believe there isn't a bigger crisis coming, whatever Division we are in next season or whoever is manager or D.O.F. or whatever as long as Venkys remain in control.

20 minutes ago, DE. said:

That's not what he's been saying though. He's been telling anybody who will listen that this is going to be the most exciting summer in decades and that next year is going to be our year. 

An exciting summer for someone who gets a cut with all the out of contract players loanees going back.. All need to be replaced 

Didnt senior say he was looking forward to the summer... I bet he is... 

14 hours ago, Gav said:

I was chatting last week with Senior, he was keen to share that it was he who decided on the January 17 signings and it was he who assessed the squad of players and thought that they were good enough to avoid relegation and that Summer represented best value. He went on (and on and on) that he considered that it  (under performance in season to that date) was more down to systems, especially goals conceded from set pieces and late in games, rather than the players' standards. He hoped that TM appointment would address this and last week it appeared to be doing so, he went on to add. 

I asked him if he considered whether his role would be easier and beneficial if the owners directly communicated with the fan base. He said no and then went on to list various clubs whose owners are never if rarely heard from, adding that it was the role of professionals such as him to perform and carry out the owner's instructions. I replied that we have had seven years of similar utterances from a variety of others who are no longer here, with year on year worsening positions. At this point he was able to repeat his CV and various clubs where he has been and all his many achievements. 

1 minute ago, Boz said:

I was chatting last week with Senior, he was keen to share that it was he who decided on the January 17 signings and it was he who assessed the squad of players and thought that they were good enough to avoid relegation and that Summer represented best value. He went on (and on and on) that he considered that it  (under performance in season to that date) was more down to systems, especially goals conceded from set pieces and late in games, rather than the players' standards. He hoped that TM appointment would address this and last week it appeared to be doing so, he went on to add. 

I asked him if he considered whether his role would be easier and beneficial if the owners directly communicated with the fan base. He said no and then went on to list various clubs whose owners are never if rarely heard from, adding that it was the role of professionals such as him to perform and carry out the owner's instructions. I replied that we have had seven years of similar utterances from a variety of others who are no longer here, with year on year worsening positions. At this point he was able to repeat his CV and various clubs where he has been and all his many achievements. 

January 17 signings - what were they?

Is there anyone around the MB with the skill set and time to do a full forensic on Senior's fabled CV? The outcome might be quite revealing.

1 hour ago, Boz said:

Did he say anything on summer signings and whether money is available?

Did he comment on why he brought Mowbray and what his reasons was? So far it proved a good choice. And his working relationship with Mowbray?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Did he say anything on summer signings and whether money is available?

Did he comment on why he brought Mowbray and what his reasons was? So far it proved a good choice. And his working relationship with Mowbray?

There'll be zilch available... 

2 hours ago, DE. said:

When did I say any of that?

Some amount of lies on this board from certain posters to suit their argument.

Post me saying any of that stuff. 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

When did I say any of that?

Some amount of lies on this board from certain posters to suit their argument.

Post me saying any of that stuff. 

Not so nice when people put words in your mouth, is it? :)

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

What are you on about?

You quote a posters comment and agreed with them. Oh but that isn't you actually saying it. 

Snakey. 

Whoosh...

Were you this touchy on the official mb?

Archived