BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Memorabilia

Jock

Two which are:

1. A 1975 Blackburn Rovers First Day Cover (Rovers v Bolton) signed by Jim Smith celebrating our Centenary.

2. Signed ball by David Dunn from when he scored the winner by penalty at Turdo Moor when Olsson was "tripped up" in their penalty area. It is mounted in a case with my match ticket and coach ticket. It is on display in the back room at the Nabs Head pub at Samlesbury.

I've a couple:

1. A ball signed (not a printed one) by the 'Class of 95' (including Dalglish & Harford)
  2. I'm going to class this as one as it's a collection of stuff from the 80s which I have in a box with a load of programmes from that era. It contains my autograph book with autographs from Simon Garner, Simon Barker, Terry Gennoe, Vince Okeefe, Ian Miller, the late Noel Brotherston, Scott Sellars etc and photos of me with Gennoe & Barker. Probably isn't worth a penny, but it's priceless to me as it's the era which forged my love for Rovers.

My favourite is my photo with TG as he was my hero back then.

I've a couple:

• A ball signed (not a printed one) by the 'Class of 95' (including Dalglish & Harford)
  • I'm going to class this as one as it's a collection of stuff from the 80s which I have in a box with a load of programmes from that era. It contains my autograph book with autographs from Simon Garner, Simon Barker, Terry Gennoe, Vince Okeefe, Ian Miller, the late Noel Brotherston, Scott Sellars etc and photos of me with Gennoe & Barker. Probably isn't worth a penny, but it's priceless to me as it's the era which forged my love for Rovers.
My favourite is my photo with TG as he was my hero back then.

Brilliant.....v jealous

• Moderation Lead

All I've got is my autograph book at my folks' gaff. I should look to buy something really! I think there is a photo of me with Kenny Dalglish when Northcliffe School (where my Mum was working at the time) got their new minibus kicking about somewhere!

I have a Playoff final program signed by Simon Garner and Gordon Cowans in the attic somewhere. They both signed it at the outside entrance to the tunnel at Wembley before the game on the day itself. I remember Garner was about to head back in and I thought I had missed my chance, but I shouted 'Simes', he stopped in his tracks and he came back over to sign it for me before heading in.

Two which are:

1. A 1975 Blackburn Rovers First Day Cover (Rovers v Bolton) signed by Jim Smith celebrating our Centenary.

2. Signed ball by David Dunn from when he scored the winner by penalty at Turdo Moor when Olsson was "tripped up" in their penalty area. It is mounted in a case with my match ticket and coach ticket. It is on display in the back room at the Nabs Head pub at Samlesbury.

I've got that First Day Cover and also the first home match v Arsenal in the Prem. Both aren't signed. I should get Shearer and Tony Adams to sign the second one.

My great uncle went to both the 1928 and 1960 FA cup finals.

Circa 1981 he gave me his collection from both, including match ticket, train ticket, match programme and newspaper clipping of the homecoming (all 1928) and a fully signed programme from 1960.

I used to have Howard Kendall's shirt from the 3rd Division promotion season but sold it when I was struggling to fund trips to games from Scotland after a crippling divorce settlement. (Now there's a chicken and egg situation if ever there was one ha ha!)

The lad I sold it to (for what I thought was a great price at the time, £80) had arranged to pick it up off me outside Ewood on a match day. I'm murder for leaving things on trains so I figured the safest way to transport it would be to wear it. It was a game against Everton a few years back and a Rovers fan in the bar at Preston station asked me about the shirt - because even in the days of Toffs replica retro kits etc it was very obviously an original, although I had no actual proof that it had been Kendall's (could you even get replica kits back then?). When I told him its history, he offered me £200 on the spot for it! I of course turned him down because a deal is a deal.

I heard the chap who bought it off me sadly died a couple of years later so I have no idea where that shirt is now.

My great uncle went to both the 1928 and 1960 FA cup finals.

Circa 1981 he gave me his collection from both, including match ticket, train ticket, match programme and newspaper clipping of the homecoming (all 1928) and a fully signed programme from 1960.

My great uncle captained the 1928 cup final I was allways asking to see the medal every time we visited my gran gave her tickets for the final to 2 supporters because she could not go and they walked to wembley.I have Egil Ostenstad ant tiny Taylors match shirts and Mark Hughes bench jacket.

My great uncle captained the 1928 cup final I was allways asking to see the medal every time we visited my gran gave her tickets for the final to 2 supporters because she could not go and they walked to wembley.I have Egil Ostenstad ant tiny Taylors match shirts and Mark Hughes bench jacket.

So you're a member of the Healless family, are you. I doff my cap to you, Sir.

I have two official handbooks of the Blackburn Rovers Supporters Club, eighteenth and nineteenth editions dated 1966-67 and 1967-68.

I have kept all my old season ticket books including a small hard-backed one from the 1960s (can't lay my hands on it at present).

I also have the light cloth cap from Wembley 1987; like the one that Birdie wears.

So you're a member of the Healless family, are you. I doff my cap to you, Sir.

I have two official handbooks of the Blackburn Rovers Supporters Club, eighteenth and nineteenth editions dated 1966-67 and 1967-68.

I have kept all my old season ticket books including a small hard-backed one from the 1960s (can't lay my hands on it at present).

I also have the light cloth cap from Wembley 1987; like the one that Birdie wears.

Yes my gran was a Healless she was born next to ewood as was Harry there use to be a blue plaque on the house on Top o`th` croft but it was removed, not quite sure why.

I've got quite a bit Rovers memorabilia that I've picked up from various places over the years...my oldest programme is Rovers Res v Stoke Res 1929/30 and I've also got the Rovers Handbook from the 1933/34 season along with a fixture list from the 1947/48 season and the 7" single released in the early 80s.

What's my favourite - impossible to say, however I'm always looking for bits and bobs that I need so if you have anything, feel free to INBOX me.

Archived